After the latest ACE update, I get a random crash to desktop after a few minutes of gameplay. Anyone else experiencing this?

Strike that - turns out I wasn't fully updated. I'm updating now and will report back if this still an issue.

Edit: Still an issue even after the latest ACE update. Any ideas?

Here's a link to the crash info from the RPT file and the minidump:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16140164/ArmA2/errorLogs20121217.rar

Edited by Colosseum

What is the best way to make a low altitude (say 250m or so) paradrop from an Mi-8 by the AI in ACE?

> Should I use "ACE_ParachutePack" or "ACE_ParachuteRoundPack"?

> Should I use sys_eject\eject.sqf, sys_eject\jumpout.sqf, or sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf ?

Remember, entirely AI.

Thanks in advance.

I'm making an addon for Arma 2 and want it to be compatable with ACE.

I can check if ACE is active with the following:

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main")) then
{ // some code} else { // some other code };

But this won't work for code in the config.cpp.

Is there a way to check if ACE is active on a config level and include hpp files accordingly?

I've been thinking

#ifdef ?????
#include "Path\to\ACE_compatable_ui.hpp"
#else
#include "Path\to\non_ACE_ui.hpp"
#endif

But I don't know what would be in place of the ????? to check if ACE is active. (I've tried ACE, __ACE__, __ACE etc) Is this even possible to do in the config?

What is the best way to make a low altitude (say 250m or so) paradrop from an Mi-8 by the AI in ACE?

> Should I use "ACE_ParachutePack" or "ACE_ParachuteRoundPack"?

> Should I use sys_eject\eject.sqf, sys_eject\jumpout.sqf, or sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf ?

Remember, entirely AI.

Thanks in advance.

From what I've seen there appears to be no need to give them parachutes if it's AI we're talking about, as they still have automatic parachutes when told to eject/jump out.

I'm making an addon for Arma 2 and want it to be compatable with ACE.

I can check if ACE is active with the following:

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main")) then
{ // some code} else { // some other code };

But this won't work for code in the config.cpp.

Is there a way to check if ACE is active on a config level and include hpp files accordingly?

I've been thinking

#ifdef ?????
#include "Path\to\ACE_compatable_ui.hpp"
#else
#include "Path\to\non_ACE_ui.hpp"
#endif

But I don't know what would be in place of the ????? to check if ACE is active. (I've tried ACE, __ACE__, __ACE etc) Is this even possible to do in the config?

There is no way to determine wether ACE is loaded on config level.

Also, not knowing what your addon is about, there is not necessarily a need to determine wether ACE is loaded or not. Currently most ACE stuff is embeded into vanilla classes and only ACE makes use of it. Vanilla is unaffected from it.

Additionally, I just guessing here, when you plan to do some UI stuff, you can always use the ctrl... commands to hide or reposition elements.

If I/we knew more about your addon there might be a more convenient solution.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Was round my brothers earlier, hence not posting anything too detailed up. Back at home now though.

Basically, I want to hide the ammo counter and zeroing information at the top right of the screen, in a similar way to how ACE does it. Here's the config I was using (not sure if it clashes with ACE, so I only wanted to include the hpp if ACE isn't running).

class CfgInGameUI
{
class Cursor
{
	iconComplex = "ca\ui\data\clear_empty.paa";
};

class DefaultAction
{
	size = 0;
};
};

class RscEdit; 		// External class reference
class RscIGUIText; 	// External class reference
class RscIGUIValue;     	// External class reference
class RscOpticsText;    	// External class reference
class RscOpticsValue;   	// External class reference

class RscInGameUI
{
class RscWeaponZeroing
{
	class CA_ZeroingText : RscIGUIText
	{
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		w = 0;
		h = 0;
		text = "";
	};

class CA_Zeroing : RscIGUIValue
	{
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		w = 0;
		h = 0;
	};
};

class RscWeaponRangeZeroing
{
	class CA_DistanceText : RscOpticsText
	{
		idc = -1;
		style = 2;
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		w = 0;
		h = 0;
	};

class CA_Distance : RscOpticsValue
	{
		idc = 151;
		style = 2;
		colorText[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		w = 0;
		h = 0;
	};

class CA_ZeroingText : RscIGUIText
	{
		idc = 169;
		style = 0;
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		w = 0;
		h = 0;
		text = "";
	};

class CA_Zeroing : RscIGUIValue
	{
		idc = 168;
		style = 1;
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		w = 0;
		h = 0;
	};
};

class RscUnitInfoSoldier
{		
	class CA_Ammo : RscIGUIValue
	{
		idc = 119;
		style = 1;
		x = 0;
		y = 0;
		w = 0;
		h = 0;
	};

//		class CA_Mode : RscIGUIText  // commented out so mode display is still active
//		{
//			idc = 149;
//			style = 0;
//			x = 0;
//			y = 0;
//			w = 0;
//			h = 0;
//		};

//		class CA_Weapon : RscIGUIText // commented out so weapon display is still active
//		{
//			idc = 118;
//			style = 0;
//			x = "(SafeZoneW + SafeZoneX) - (1 - 0.761)";
//			y = "0.015 + SafeZoneY";
//			w = 0.214;
//			h = 0.039;
//		};
};
};

Will check out how to use ctrl commands to move/hide the info but I'm not too familiar with them currently.

EDIT: What realistically is my options? I don't want to interfere with the workings of ACE code/configs if possible.

DOUBLE EDIT: Found workaround - user can define ACE (#define RUNNING_ACE or somesuch) in the userconfig folder, so code only runs if not commented out by user. :)

Edited by Das Attorney

Hey guys!

Any idea which script out of sys_explosives I should use in order to disarm/detonate any of the ACE mines/IEDs (if captured in-game by nearestObject for example)?

Thanks a bunch!

Not sure if it was posted or not but due the newest patch for some reason when you put a satchel charge and do attach clacker you cant detonate it since the clacker is not shown in interaction menu?

Not sure if it was posted or not but due the newest patch for some reason when you put a satchel charge and do attach clacker you cant detonate it since the clacker is not shown in interaction menu?

no idea what you're talking about

no idea what you're talking about

Uh...

When you put a satchel charge on the ground aka planting it, when you press interaction menu on it and do attach clacker and want to detonate it, the clacker is not showing in the self-interaction menu like it used to.

Well that's odd. Always for me the clacker was in the action scroll wheel menu, not the self-interaction. Or am I just remembering wrong? I just remember planting the satchel or c4, interacting with it to attach the clacker. Then I take off the safety and detonate all via scroll menu.

Well that's odd. Always for me the clacker was in the action scroll wheel menu, not the self-interaction. Or am I just remembering wrong? I just remember planting the satchel or c4, interacting with it to attach the clacker. Then I take off the safety and detonate all via scroll menu.

weird because every time I used to play with ACE it was in interaction menu, reinstalled ACE and now it works like you said.

Yeah detonation is via scroll menu. Honestly I don't even remember what it was before. When I don't know how to use something I just try all possibilities until I find out how stuff work, which in the case of explosives isn't a whole lot of possibilities (self interaction, interaction, mousewheel).

weird because every time I used to play with ACE it was in interaction menu, reinstalled ACE and now it works like you said.

I believe it has operated like this for a very long time.

Hey guys!

Anyone knows how to install the 'old' stable ACE 1.13 version using Six Update?

Six Updater is getting the version 1.14 rc1, and in this version the bullet drop for sniper rifles is completely wrong.

I've tested the AS .50 and the LRR .338, and both are hitting way off target with perfect adjustments.

Thanks!

hmm about the satchel/arming, it is done through the "ACE-interaction menu" (RT-windows key), after placement through the "self-interaction key", then you scroll for detonation. Hasn't been a pure scroll option for a longtime(six months?). This is with the latest greatest ACE on SU.

@ GOLGO_13;

Are the shots short? What map? was there wind? Which version of 1.14rc1 do you have? They seemed fine last time i saw it in use?(fewdays ago)

Edited by kklownboy

hmm about the satchel/arming, it is done through the "ACE-interaction menu" (RT-windows key), after placement through the "self-interaction key", then you scroll for detonation. Hasn't been a pure scroll option for a longtime(six months?). This is with the latest greatest ACE on SU.

@ GOLGO_13;

Are the shots short? What map? was there wind? Which version of 1.14rc1 do you have? They seemed fine last time i saw it in use?(fewdays ago)

I was testing the sniping stuff on the Fallujah map, and the shots were really high, almost outta the scope.

But when I played "One Shot, One Kill", the shots were perfect again.

Then, I deleted the saves I had from Fallujah, restarted playing there, and the problem vanished. Weird...

I swear I'm not crazy, I didn't smoke or drink anything. LOL! :D

Placing satchels/mines etc. is always the same:

1. ACE self-interaction: Place XY

2. ACE interaction: Arm/Place Clacker/Set timer ....

3. ArmA action menu (scroll menu): Safety off/Detonate etc etc.

The more I tinker with the Artillery system the more impressed I get.

Thanks for all the awesome stuff guys I really cant wait to get my hands on the 155mm guns.

Most missions/mods are quite buggy with saving (it's simply a lot of work to make something save-compatible and I have no idea whether ACE does anything about that as I never use saves personally). Not to mention if you created the save with a different version it's not surprising you had issues.

Would you guys ever consider making the cookoff effect an ACE config-side setting rather then module (if possible)? Truly one of my favorite effects and would love to be able to use it all the time as opposed to de-pbo, place module :)

@froggyluv

We would like to make it enabled by default instead of disabled but currently this problem (CIT ticket) makes that impossible.

But you can make a simple addon which just sets

ace_sys_destruction_enable_cookoff = true

to enable it permanently.

And for those who might not have seen what Nou's ammo cookoff is:

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

And for those who might not have seen what Nou's ammo cookoff is:

Xeno

:butbut: woah....can this be done with the functions module and put ace_sys_destruction_enable_cookoff = true ? I've never seen this before.....and I'm playing ACE2 CO 1.13

Simply enable it in the editor by placing the module to your mission.

Ammo cook off is really cool and I put it in every mission I'm doing/playing