Would you guys ever consider making the cookoff effect an ACE config-side setting rather then module (if possible)? Truly one of my favorite effects and would love to be able to use it all the time as opposed to de-pbo, place module :)

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/44153#note-4

I followed Nou´s instructions and always have that little pbo enabled when playing SP. It´s awesome and I never had any problems. :)

Nou, I think you should upload that little pbo somewhere and label it as SP only. An ACE mini-mod if you want. My guess is that many people will be quite happy.

:butbut: woah....can this be done with the functions module and put ace_sys_destruction_enable_cookoff = true ? I've never seen this before.....and I'm playing ACE2 CO 1.13

Why are you running 1.13 ? That's a very old build.

You need ACE Latest for cookoff. You can get it on SIX Updater or Play withSIX.

Edited by Heaney

Why arr you running 1.13

Cause it is the latest stable?!

Why so many people run a beta version without making any beta testing feedback? Most people who use the beta versions are didn't need to use them realy.

-Psycho-;2269072']Cause it is the latest stable?!

Why so many people run a beta version without making any beta testing feedback? Most people who use the beta versions are didn't need to use them realy.

There are countless improvements in many Betas, including ACE and also the OA Beta patches. Generally for both of these it's better to run those than the stable.

Especially for ACE, there's about a year's worth of work on top of ACE 1.13 stable. 1.14 release probably once OA 1.63 is out.

Hmm, thanks never heard of six updater going to update ACE. :)

EDIT: Does SIX updater just update the mods already in my directory? :confused:

Hmm, thanks never heard of six updater going to update ACE. :)

Best to start with Play withSIX; it's much simpler, faster, easier, and it is getting closer and closer to match (and go beyond) the features of SIX Updater :)

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:26 ----------

EDIT: Does SIX updater just update the mods already in my directory? :confused:
Sure it can. PwS installs mods by default to My Documents\ARMA 2, and SIX Updater installs by default to your game folder.

The My Documents\ARMA 2 folder is recommended because it is in user space, does not require admin rights, etc.

You can change in the settings in any case. But must run PwS as admin if you want to install to the game folder generally.

Best to start with Play withSIX; it's much simpler, faster, easier, and it is getting closer and closer to match (and go beyond) the features of SIX Updater :)

Yeah, I just downloaded and installed Play withSIX it's updating ACE right now, what version of OA do I need think I'm patched to 1.62.xxxxxxxx

Yeah, I just downloaded and installed Play withSIX it's updating ACE right now, what version of OA do I need think I'm patched to 1.62.xxxxxxxx

1.63 betas are recommended, just add expansion/beta mod to the ACE Modset, or enable "Force enable Beta patch" in the Settings.

1.63 betas are recommended, just add expansion/beta mod to the ACE Modset, or enable "Force enable Beta patch" in the Settings.

How exactly does this updater work? I just sat through ACE and ACEX update but I still have the outdated versions....:confused:

EDIT: NVM, it was downloaded to a "MODS" folder in my documents. :S

I keep getting these errors with the latest edition of ACE running beta also:

CO: 1.62.100296

ACE: 1.14.0589

CBA: 1.0.0190

Error in expression <elect 2; _epi = (_this) select 3; ;
if (_blood != 0) then { _unit setVariable [">
 Error position: <_blood != 0) then { _unit setVariable [">
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _blood
File x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\fnc_vchange.sqf, line 3
Error in expression <_bd < 0.55 && {_bd > 0}): {
[_unit, if (_arterial) then {0.0004 } else {0}, 0.00>
 Error position: <_arterial) then {0.0004 } else {0}, 0.00>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _arterial
File x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\XEH_preInit.sqf, line 255

Any one else get these?

Edited by panther42

If you "gear" on a box or vehicle or rucksack or whatever and i.e. you only got 2 Magazines for your M4, the "rearm" button will fill up to 6 Magazines (the upper two rows, as shown in the empty slots with a magazine shape) if available.

But this isn't ACE specific, is it?

What does the rearm button in the gear menu do; and how do I use it?

The button that is from the vanilla game?

Click?

Could someone educate me in the purpose of IV bags, Splints and such? i recall seeing them in ACE for Arma 1 but they appear unusable (So why bother keeping them in?) same with the broken NV/GPS, i was told it was for the Nuke before it was removed?

I am having a few issues with the EASA module. Not sure what I'm doing incorrectly, but I can't for the life of me get it to work.

- When I place it in a hangar, I get an empty hangar. As intended?

- When I use the "nohangar" option, I get a trailer where the module was placed, as expected.

- When I use the "FARP" option, I get the same trailer instead of a FARP. Not a huge deal for me, but it seems to indicate something is wrong.

That aside, no matter which option I use, I never see an EASA dialogue. I roll up to the trailer/hangar with spent stores (an A-10 in this case) and there is nothing in the scroll/ACE interact/ACE self menus relevant to EASA.

*edit* Looks like it may be an issue with a particular mission, as it works with a bare-bones mission. Still, it seems to be a little wonky, in that when I change a loadout, the aircraft retains the default hardpoints. For example, if I load up my A-10 (GBU12) with nothing but MK82s, I'll have to scroll through empty slots for GBU12, Aim9, and Mavericks to get to the MK82s.

Edited by Harzach

I was looking through the wiki to see if there was a way to do this and I couldn't really figure one out.

Is there a way with the ACE wounding system to make it only need to use 1 morphine to stop pain, 1 eppy to bring someone back to being conscious, etc?

Thanks.

-Psycho-;2269072']Cause it is the latest stable?!

Calling 1.13 stable is hilarious.

There are more bugs in 1.13 than 1.14 RCs.

-Psycho-;2269072']Why so many people run a beta version without making any beta testing feedback? Most people who use the beta versions are didn't need to use them realy.

I make bug reports every week, probably too many actually.

As SB said, there is 1 year of progress in 1.14 over 1.13.

I was astounded at hearing that people still play 1.13.

I was astounded at hearing that people still play 1.13.

Well probably because of the not screwed up medical system from what I've heard?

I was looking through the wiki to see if there was a way to do this and I couldn't really figure one out.

Is there a way with the ACE wounding system to make it only need to use 1 morphine to stop pain, 1 eppy to bring someone back to being conscious, etc?

Thanks.

As far as I am aware, one each is all it ever normally takes. Are you still seeing the pain/shock shaders after applying meds, or are you asking because the option to use morphine/epinephrine doesn't go away? Because, and again as far as I am aware, that is as intended.

Well probably because of the not screwed up medical system from what I've heard?

Among other things, much of the stuff BIS took/bought from ACE is still there with a decent config.

Hell i still play ACE with Arma 1 on occasion with friends :P

Instead, if there are issues, getting these reported and fixed is in the better interest.