i never heard it before the last update, its a static gurgle snd when you get right up on a wounded,need revive player i will fraps it. Also using Shacktac volume. Funny

-Psycho-;2260979']Hello' date='

maybee someone can help me or know a simple way to a solution for my two questions:

I wan't to ask for two events:

1. I wan't to trigger a further action if the player make a magazine check

2. same as above but if the player change his spare barrel

I didn't found a function or a variable that is set from ace to ask for these actions. Is there a way to find out when a player start one of this action?

I think it is possible about the ACE interaction menu but i have no idea how it works.

kind regards[/quote']

I posted that on

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Support

How would one set multiple units stamina to be much higher than others?

We need the Special Forces Units on the map be able to carry 60 KG (A little unrealistic, we know) and be able to run for a solid 2 clicks or so.

however, I want to keep the infantry bogged down to 35KG at the same time. Any assistance would be helpful :)

How would one set multiple units stamina to be much higher than others?

We need the Special Forces Units on the map be able to carry 60 KG (A little unrealistic, we know) and be able to run for a solid 2 clicks or so.

however, I want to keep the infantry bogged down to 35KG at the same time. Any assistance would be helpful :)

this setVariable ["ACE_SYS_STAMINA_MULTI",0.8];

You'll need to mess with it a bit to find the level you want. 0.8 is the default for SF units.

Thank you.

More useless questions!

Any way to "Fatten" a vehicle and make it handle heavier, slower (More prone to stalling on slopes?)

Any way to limit a helicopters flight height based on ITS model, while not affecting others? IE : a mh6 tops out before a Blackhawk

Would there be somekind of a guide on how to create a custom mortar range table?

Would there be somekind of a guide on how to create a custom mortar range table?

You mean like that one excel spreadsheet with the ranges and mils of all the calibers in the game.

You can type in a specific amount and it will give you the exact moa.

Something like this would be cool for the ace artillery.

Type in your elevation, elevation of target then exact range it then gives you the elevation in the mortar/gun.

This would be amazing and an improvement over the cumbersome artillery computer.

That sounds handy Gibonez but no, that's not what I meant.

What I'm searching for is a guide on how to create range tables for a 3rd party addon mortar that I would like to make works corrcetly in ACE.

You mean like that one excel spreadsheet with the ranges and mils of all the calibers in the game.

You can type in a specific amount and it will give you the exact moa.

Something like this would be cool for the ace artillery.

Type in your elevation, elevation of target then exact range it then gives you the elevation in the mortar/gun.

This would be amazing and an improvement over the cumbersome artillery computer.

How would that be an improvement? You can't manually measure distance over a dozen kilometers with any degree of accuracy or speed.

How would that be an improvement? You can't manually measure distance over a dozen kilometers with any degree of accuracy or speed.

This is where a tiny bit of trig comes into it allowing you to work out the distance between two grid squares.

This is where a tiny bit of trig comes into it allowing you to work out the distance between two grid squares.

And the 90% of scenarios where things don't line up on the grid squares and involve nice, easy angles? I use the Pythagorean theorem all the time for mortars, but the artillery computer is much faster and more accurate, even if you're using rulers and calculators.

As I converted some of my missions to ACE, I find that I cannot pack or unpack items in my rucksack in the ingame briefing loadout before the mission start. Is this an ACE issue that can be resolve in the future or will I have to rely on only ammoboxes for ACE missions.

As I converted some of my missions to ACE, I find that I cannot pack or unpack items in my rucksack in the ingame briefing loadout before the mission start. Is this an ACE issue that can be resolve in the future or will I have to rely on only ammoboxes for ACE missions.
This is AFAIK not solvable for OA due to bugs or how things are implemented re the gear etc. I do believe it was tried to solve a couple of times already.

@Phantom Six: Take a look at LEA (loadout editor for Arma 2) maybe it can help you

So what's a good alternative to satchels for getting an opening in a wall? One engineer can only carry one satchel with its current weight and I'd rather use the satchel to blow up mission objectives. I've tried C4 and M4 Slam but none of them are capable of getting an opening, even with 2-3 of them going off in the same time. They seem incapable of even lowering a wooden fence

Edit: Also, what's going on with IFAK? On some missions it's [bandage kit, bandage, CAT] and on others it's [bandage kit, morphine, CAT]

So what's a good alternative to satchels for getting an opening in a wall? One engineer can only carry one satchel with its current weight and I'd rather use the satchel to blow up mission objectives.

Just tested it, the satchels are fine. No problem making an opening in a wall or blow something up.

Edit: Also, what's going on with IFAK? On some missions it's [bandage kit, bandage, CAT] and on others it's [bandage kit, morphine, CAT]

IFAK content depends on the faction.

Xeno

Just tested it, the satchels are fine. No problem making an opening in a wall or blow something up.

I think you misread :) I'm looking for an alternative for using satchels to blow an entry point. I'd rather use the satchel on mission objectives (ammo boxes, static weapons, vehicles etc) because of their weight, so I'm looking for an explosive that would be useful for making a hole in a fence or wall. Satchels seems a bit like an overkill. It has happened several times that we wanted a quick entry point but C4 was never enough to make an opening (destroying the wall).

IFAK content depends on the faction.

Xeno

Makes sense.

Most of the time on C4 will blow down most walls I try it on, when in doubt two charges always works.

I've only been able to destroy wooden fences with C4 and it always requires two of them, at least.

I'll second that. I have a mission that needs a wall breach to prisoner. I was hoping to just use C4, but it doesn't do anything. Only satchels worked.

So yes, C4 seems underpowered. But, i bet it might look strange to have a whole wall disappear with smaller explosion. Really all i've ever use it for is disabling vehicles.

I'd say make sure you get it as close to the wall as you can. I've spent the morning knocking down various Taki walls with it.

So what's a good alternative to satchels for getting an opening in a wall?

APOBS Mk 7

How I can config ACE wind options? I know variables for it, but I can't understand where I can use it.

What does the "F" stand for in the weapon class names? As in "ACE_M4A1_Aim_F"

Same for "FL", as in "ACE_AK74M_NSPU_FL"

Edited by galzohar