Yeah you should at least bring a 120mm beast if you want to smash houses.

Yeah you should at least bring a 120mm beast if you want to smash houses.

please guys, lets stop theorize, i took 60mm ingame on takistan, ruin few simple houses . It takes 2 direct hits with impact fuse, ~4 hits with proximity fuse to destroy building.

To destroy massive building at aeroport 120mm mortar need more than 1hit.

What about trenches? You can hit things in there using 82mm with direct hits +- few meters only, not possible now ...

There's a reason mortars are usually thought of as the weapon that pounds away for hours and hours, right?

Ofcourse mission maker's always give artillery ammo and time to fire for several hours. And sure thing 150 ppl will wait 1-3 hours livetime until artillery stop shooting. With average mission play time about 2-3 hours, ppl wont wait 3 hours more, too tiresome.

Its look like everyone who is using mortars constantly happy with current dispersion?

Any advices where i can ask if this change is intended and will stay for sure?

Should I use the CBA_OA? I have A2 + Reinforcements pack (oa,pmc,baf), does that count as CO? I didn't purchase Combined operations, but A2 and RFT pack both seperately. I'm assuming it would be CO equivalent since I have all vanilla content... Just want to make sure, as no one ever talks about rft pack, only oa and/or co.

quote from the howto install guide:

How do I install ACE and related mods?

Please make sure you have the latest ArmA 2 patch installed!

Stable Release

CBA and ACE are always Required

CBA_OA is only required for Operation Arrowhead Standalone users. Combined Ops users should NOT use it.

ACEX and ACEX_SM are optional, ACEX_SM should not be installed on dedicated servers. ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNavy are also optional, but are intended only for Combined Ops users.

or i can take it down by hitting house 2 times with 60mm mortar, at least i could recently..

And now you can't. Because that's not realistic.

In real life, ISAF forces do not use mortars to take out houses.

Mortars are used as area effect weapons. Long term, inaccurate (as in, 50m CEP at something like 2km) fire on spread out groups of enemies.

You're thinking of something like a LAW, demolition charge, JDAM, etc..

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

I have to say that finally making the mortar CEP realistic has been one of the greatest changes in ACE in the last months.

Completely changes the dynamic of a game when one side uses support.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

@Iceman77

You have CO.

That guide is outdated. If you want an up-to-date guide on installing ACE, check here: http://www.the-wrecking-crew.co.uk/page/installation

Part of ACE's mission as I understand is to make unrealistic tactics impossible, and reward realistic choices. If you expect to land shells neatly inside narrow trenches with ease, in any short timeframe, you must have never heard of WWI.

Does it require 2 people to load ammo crates into vehicles? Whenever I try to do it myself, the option is greyed out.

Does it require 2 people to load ammo crates into vehicles? Whenever I try to do it myself, the option is greyed out.

The item you are loading has to be at a certain point, I think its near the back.

If you want to take out a house with a 60mm mortar try firing delay fuzed rounds. They might make it inside.

If you really need to take out a house quickly, wait a few months, and there will be some 155mm guns in ACE, and with that you will have access to Excalibur rounds. :)

If you want to take out a house with a 60mm mortar try firing delay fuzed rounds. They might make it inside.

If you really need to take out a house quickly, wait a few months, and there will be some 155mm guns in ACE, and with that you will have access to Excalibur rounds. :)

Guessing seems fun, is it the M777?

There aren't so many big islands/maps out there so one could effectively use such nice piece of artillery + projectiles .... portable mortars are somehow much more prefered to deal with certain situations. Sadly the handling of ACE arty is a bit cumbersome (missing proper animations and intuitive control). Btw what about a ACE wind + weather module? ;)

yea so sad there are no real huge islands

There aren't so many big islands/maps out there so one could effectively use such nice piece of artillery + projectiles .... portable mortars are somehow much more prefered to deal with certain situations. Sadly the handling of ACE arty is a bit cumbersome (missing proper animations and intuitive control). Btw what about a ACE wind + weather module? ;)

There are plenty of islands for 155mm artillery. Anything larger than 5x5km is perfectly acceptable. Beyond 7.5km basically all you have is 105mm and 155mm artillery to cover those ranges, and there are a number of 20x20km maps where 155mm is the only real alternative.

The missing animations, thats something we have no control over, character animations are a grayzone in the community and it takes a lot of effort. Intuitive control though, that is something I agree with. The M119 will become a lot more user friendly in the future. Less menus, more model interaction. You should be able to more easily educate yourself using existing real life training documentation and other sources.

yea so sad there are no real huge islands

(I would rather like to see some huge islands with road ditches and any other kind of ditches, holes, trenches, terrain which can be deformed, hint: by artillery for example, etc., etc., than just the always flat terrain with a few rocks, walls and bushes... just sayin')

:p

Xeno

Why can we give ourselves morphine/epi when we don't need it?

Btw what about a ACE wind + weather module? ;)
Why? Are there known issues?

Yeah, I've noticed this recently as well. Epi and morphine options always available to self it seems. Perhaps this is a bug and already known and on DevHeaven. Otherwise, someone should add it.

To get HIGH! Yeah.... :cool:

To get HIGH! Yeah.... :cool:
Finally, someone starts making sense ;-)

Yeah, I've noticed this recently as well. Epi and morphine options always available to self it seems. Perhaps this is a bug and already known and on DevHeaven. Otherwise, someone should add it.
Yeah when you are hurt, not bleeding(like a lame little bump on a ATV into a wall) which used to be only a Morph need, you now have EPI also as a need, AND they never go away in the "Treat Wounds" dialog until you respawn or you get revived. Also the Sling Rope is not working. You can get the option to hook rope in the Interaction Dialog, but it wont hook. The rope does attach and unattach from the object you want to sling but it will not hook anymore. I am using the Latest Beta - 99047, ACE is 583? but the addons in the folder are 579. Updated thru SU.

Just read the DEV ticket by Cuel. Hmmm So we will always have that clutter in or Dialog?

And read the sling rope issue.. dont mind me just pointing out the obvious.

Edited by kklownboy

Yeah when you are hurt, not bleeding(like a lame little bump on a ATV into a wall) which used to be only a Morph need, you now have EPI also as a need, AND they never go away in the "Treat Wounds" dialog until you respawn or you get revived. Also the Sling Rope is not working. You can get the option to hook rope in the Interaction Dialog, but it wont hook. The rope does attach and unattach from the object you want to sling but it will not hook anymore. I am using the Latest Beta - 99047, ACE is 583? but the addons in the folder are 579. Updated thru SU.

Just read the DEV ticket by Cuel. Hmmm So we will always have that clutter in or Dialog?

And read the sling rope issue.. dont mind me just pointing out the obvious.

For those interested the bug report is here - https://dev-heaven.net/issues/64341#change-148617 - and it was rejected as by design. I agree with Cuel's comments there. This is not a great idea because it is not always possible to tell what you need yourself due to other bugs beyond ACE's control. So I would just change this back to what it used to be like so we are not all pumping ourselves full of morphine or epi just to be safe!!!

BTW, since we are on this topic, are there any repercussions to giving oneself too much morphine and/or epi?

blablabla, ten guys hate it, thirty love it. swallow it and get over with it

You're right, grrr now I have to read a hint instead of having one option available / not available :rolleyes:

I just want it to work in a better way than its current implementation.