Terox, your behaviour is in no way better by taking this to the public.

The next time you have an issue with someone from ACE use PM or contact him by other means.

If you need to wash dirty laundry than that is the way to go.

rocko, or billion here, has made most of the ACE features and has spend crazy amounts of time doing that.

And yet it was bound to happen eventually. I'm sure no one is surprised.

In some missions our medics really could´nt do anything else than treating casualties for over half an hour, then having to find more drugs and bandages, so i totally get the point :D

Man, your soldiers probably looked like this by the end of the mission:

300image_front130.jpg

On a more serious note, healing times seem pretty fine to me. Having a variable one can change on a per-mission basis might have its uses for some community, but I suppose in the end it's down to a "cost vs reward" kind of thing, and at the end of the day, that's up to the people who actually pay the "cost" to decide.

In the meanwhile, a more simple "per-mission" solution is to increase the number of medics so you don't have one guy acting as everyone's healbot, if it really is such a big problem in your missions.

Hi everyone

I have a script which creates a minefield with TM-46 mines. If the mine is on the surface of the road it is not buried, otherwise it is. Everything works fine but the mines that have already been buried with an isOnRoad + setPos combination still have the "Bury mine" item in the interaction menu so they can be buried again. Is there a way to remove / prevent this?

OR

Is there a function with which I could bury the mines in the script instead of using setPos?

Thank you

Just wondering could someone point me to the gentleman who made the AN/PVS-14 model on the HK416?

Hey guys, I just wanted to float this question out there in regards to some issues I've been having regarding both the Stable and non stable versions of ACE for OA/CO. I have a ticket in over at Dev-Hev but obviously those guys are undoubtedly busy so I just wanted to pose the question here and see if anyone knows a solution or has had a similar issue.

The issue is this, I've been using the stable release of ACE 2 for sometime now. Obviously, the realism factor makes it desirable to have, especially for me.

The CO version I currently use is 1.60 & not 1.62. (I used to use 1.62 but had a number of conflicts with other addons and mods so I went back to using 1.60. The ACE 2 Stable version I use is 1.3.0.252.

The biggest problem I'd like to be able to fix is that I am unable to use the "Self Interaction Menu." By default it should be able to be accessed by the right Windows Key and right Alt or Ctrl Key. However, when pressed, none of them do anything. Which leads me to the 2nd part of the problem. I am also unable to go into either the Main menu or the IN GAME menu and change any of the ACE settings. While I can enter the in game menu and see the options, I am unable to elect any of them and change them. In fact, the windows for example, have just a blank, white box so if you're looking at the controls for the keyboard, you can see where it says "Self Interaction Menu" and to the right is that box that normally should say what key to use or allow you the option of changing the key, however, as I said, the box is empty white and I am unable to click on it to change it. I did get an initial response from Dev_Hev about going into the clippi file and making sure my profile name was listed, which it wasn't at the time but even after changing that, I still have the same issue.

Also, I removed the stable version of the mod and reinstalled the latest version with Six Updater and tried that. It still did not work, in fact, it was actually worse as it was missing files that prohibited me from going into missions of mine. It also didn't even recognize certain items. In the stable version I could at least equip a unit with flashbangs and tear gas, but I could not use them. In the non stable version, it doesn't even recognize them nor did it add any of the ACE specific objects or equipment such as the M84, M7 or other flashbang. Also, since the self interaction menu does not work, I am also unable to deploy satchel charges, mines, gas mask, IED's etc.

So, what I'd like to know is there any way in which I can disable the use of the SIM and instead use the same method of deploying those items as one can in the Non-ACE/Stock/vanilla Arma 2 menu version? Is there anything I can change in the config or other file that could allow me to do this, at least until I get the overall issue resolved?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

EDIT- Also, one item that I am able to use is the 40mm CS round for the m203/320 GL's and while it does detonate. It has zero effect on anyone. Not the player nor the AI. Its basically just a smokeshell round.

Edited by Genpatton043

Hello, I am having trouble with ACE. I installed the files using PwS and everything went okay but I can't use the Goggles, Gas Mask etc. So I have tried to edit my profile name into the .tar file and moved it into the userconfig/ace folder but still no joy. Also one of my interaction keys is not working correctly. My ACE keys are default at the moment. Any help would be great.

Ok, so ive gone and read all the support links that Sickboy has provided and still cannot get the menu and my config sorted. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Edited by Hallam

Hello, I am having trouble with ACE. I installed the files using PwS and everything went okay but I can't use the Goggles, Gas Mask etc. So I have tried to edit my profile name into the .tar file and moved it into the userconfig/ace folder but still no joy. Also one of my interaction keys is not working correctly. My ACE keys are default at the moment. Any help would be great.

Ok, so ive gone and read all the support links that Sickboy has provided and still cannot get the menu and my config sorted. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Which .tar file? And what does the .hpp file say if you open (located in your userconfig/ace folder) it now?

Do you use beta? Without beta you have to run clippi in background to change your keys etc.

PS: How about external (non ACE) "replacement" pbo for reduced healing times?

In some missions our medics really could´nt do anything else than treating casualties for over half an hour, then having to find more drugs and bandages, so i totally get the point :D

External replacment, because i also get ACE Mod´s point.

Well the way ace_sys_wounds seems to work is that it is a self contained module and uses private variables in it's scripts to define such things as heal time. If I could work out a way of making an external addon that modified the times I would have already done it but unfortunately my scripting knowledge does not extend that far. This is why I requested for some sort of global variable coefficient that would modify the wounding state times as per each community's needs.

I am not trying to cause conflict or distress to those people who cherish playing soldier and think watching a progress bar tick along is as real as it gets. I just want a workable solution that doesn't cripple missions, which in it's current format is quite possible.

Maybe somebody with more enlightenment on the scripting front can let us know if this is possible?

Maybe somebody with more enlightenment on the scripting front can let us know if this is possible?

1. Extract ace_sys_wounds.pbo

2. Make changes

3. Pack ace_sys_wounds

4. Put customized ace_sys_wounds.pbo in xxx modfolder

5. Load xxx modfolder after @ACE

During this process, make sure the PBOPREFIX matches.

Recommended tools: Mikero's PBODLL; MakePBO, ExtractPBO, etc.

Or other crude method:

1. Find global variable name with function

2. WaitUntil that global variable !isNil

3. Overwrite that global variable name with customized function

Which can be put in an addon or per mission etc.

In both cases you don't void warranty ;-) but you might void support-assurance :P

Edited by Sickboy

Yeah thanks for that Sickboy, I was kinda trying to avoid making our own version of ACE-Sys-Wounds as when a new version comes out we have to keep modifying it. As for the global variable method I will have another look, but I think the timing of the scripts is all done with private variables, which I wouldn't know how to modify without breaking the PBO.

as when a new version comes out we have to keep modifying it.
I believe with git or similar tools you should be able to more easily track the changes, and rebase your hacks on the latest version each time with minimal effort, in most cases probably even automated.

One branch where you keep updating the latest source, and one branch you can use to keep rebasing the hacks on the latest source.

Edited by Sickboy

I believe with git or similar tools you should be able to more easily track the changes, and rebase your hacks on the latest version each time with minimal effort, in most cases probably even automated.

One branch where you keep updating the latest source, and one branch you can use to keep rebasing the hacks on the latest source.

Agreed with this and most devs (if not already) should get familiar with such tools whether they are doing something like this or just regular development. I've been doing similar stuff like this with modifications to Domination/Insurgency and such.

Thanks for the tip!

It's been a while since i've hacked WGL/ACE :p

ace_sys_wounds_noai = true

I as well as many others use this on dedicated server.

But does anyone know whether it actually results in noticeable performance increases? Or would I lose only a little performance by turning it on?

Hello, i wonder if the IR_Strobe_Target can mark objects for CAS like in Vanillia...

I tried it in the editor, but can´t figure it out.

Maybe you need a special laser code?

Hope somebody can help.

Will we see an update this Friday? Haven't for a while, yet there've been changes on the git.

Mostly I just want the GMG CSW fixed :P (it already is, just not released on SU/PwS)

Will we see an update this Friday? Haven't for a while, yet there've been changes on the git.

Mostly I just want the GMG CSW fixed :P (it already is, just not released on SU/PwS)

Agreed. I could go for an update myself. Too many isues with earlier versions.

i dont know if this question belong here, but the Javellin is working in your game? For me the javellin have no ammo and i cant fire with this. i have a magazine that have no icon and i think that is the magazine for javellin. but i cant get it on my gear. is this a bug?

Make sure you have the Javelin launch tube and the CLU. The missile is already loaded into the tube in ACE.

i dont know if this question belong here, but the Javellin is working in your game? For me the javellin have no ammo and i cant fire with this. i have a magazine that have no icon and i think that is the magazine for javellin. but i cant get it on my gear. is this a bug?

Meed the CLU and a tube in your inventory. Tube contains the missile.

When you have the Jav up make sure that when you want to fire on the target you are in the near field of view (zoomed in) and its in thermals, otherwise it will not lock (this is how it works in real life).

As far as I remember you also need to "reload" in order to attach the CLU to the tube, similar to how you need to "reload" any other single-shot pre-loaded weapon in ACE.

I bet there is more than one google find on how to use ACEs AT Weapons (at least a bunch of YouTube vids).

You should learn another system anyway, half the time I can't get the Javelins to scratch the paint on a tank in ACE.

Edited by Hillsbills