Is there a way to stop players pressing ESC and re spawning ? as i have found instead of getting healed that is what they are doing and i need to stop it , or at least give the a long wait !

Is there a way to stop players pressing ESC and re spawning ? as i have found instead of getting healed that is what they are doing and i need to stop it , or at least give the a long wait !

Disable respawn, or put a delay of e.g 2-5 mins?

I am using ACE wounds and is there any way you can reduce the amount of medical treatment a player needs, i.e set it ?

As some times it just takes ages to get them back on there feet example of tonight's downed player 3 x bandage 3x morphine 2 xEpi and a medkit .

Just one of each would be great , is that possible to set there anywhere ion ACE ?

First off: If this is in the wrong thread, I apologize. I did a search, and this seemed to be the only one that applied to the issue I'm having.

Hey everyone, I've got a problem with ARMA 2 and ACE I was hoping to get sorted out, and it seemed that you folks might have a good handle on this sort of thing.

Here's a basic rundown of what's going on: I bought ARMA 2 vanilla without CO or OA on steam and played for a while, and then decided it was time to get ACE since I enjoyed it so much in ARMA 1. So I went and downloaded the appropriate files from either armaholic or six updater. At first I got a ton of errors (mostly the usual "missing .hpp files" or "CBA needs addon cba_ui_helper", that sort of thing) but after a while got them ironed out to the point that I could at least start the game.

But when it finally did start, nothing's changed. I've got no indication that ACE or CBA is working, and none of the features have changed, i.e. no first aid, dragging bodies, etc. All my modfolders are in order, and to my knowledge the "set launch options" field in the steam library is set up correctly. Anyone think they can help?

Also, here's what my launch options field looks like if that helps:

"-noSplash;-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACE_A2;"

Once again, if this is in the wrong place I apologize. Mods, feel free to move it if necessary.

ACE is for OA, and as far as I know, if you don't have OA you should stick with (the very outdated) ACE_A2 *ONLY*.

ACE is for OA, and as far as I know, if you don't have OA you should stick with (the very outdated) ACE_A2 *ONLY*.

Thanks for the quick reply. Believe it or not, about twenty minutes ago I folded and just bought OA. Kind of feeling the whole "starving college student" thing, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

[...] As some times it just takes ages to get them back on there feet example of tonight's downed player 3 x bandage 3x morphine 2 xEpi and a medkit . [...]

Instead of bandages you can use the bandage kits. And when you're using 3x MOR and 2x EPI, you're definately doing something wrong.

Instead of bandages you can use the bandage kits. And when you're using 3x MOR and 2x EPI, you're definately doing something wrong.

Hmmmmmmmmmm well any idea what we are doing wrong then? as we are just giving what the dialog is requesting, once we stop bleeding is request MOR & EPI once 9/10 once we give it , and check again is request more.

should it only really need one of each then ?

Any idea's why we are get this ?

Iirc if you are not healing a dude with a soldier who is an actual medic you can get imprecise diagnosis (but I may be wrong here)

After you inject a wounded guy with an epi it also takes some time for him to wake up so just wait.

The thing is that now you can give people both epi and morphin when they don't need it as long as they accept, and if you don't have a medkit, those will be the only options appearing when you examine people. Especially since the ACE team made morphin (and epi I think) last for a certain period of time, meaning that if you're wounded, get morphin and then get wounded again you're not gonna need morphin, the rate in which those are used have dropped a lot. It's a wonderful function that I'm happy they took the time to make.

Iirc if you are not healing a dude with a soldier who is an actual medic you can get imprecise diagnosis (but I may be wrong here)

After you inject a wounded guy with an epi it also takes some time for him to wake up so just wait.

Well that might have explained it as we lost our medic, and only had normal solider to heal. we will try again tonight just using a medic and see :) how it goes thanks guys

Oooookay. Now I'm just lost. I bought OA, got that working nicely, and then tried to get ACE to work. I'm getting an error saying that "idenitities/Cfg.hpp, line 1:...undefined base class."

I've changed my Ace clippi settings/identity, still doesn't launch. I changed the .userconfig settings, and that didn't do anything either. I'm just close to giving up at this point.

It's almost always stop bleeding -> epi+morphine -> medkit. Not sure when you should get anything different, as I've never noticed it (but I don't end up playing with a medic very often). If he's not getting white colors on his screen, he probably doesn't need morphine. If he's not blacking out, he probably doesn't need epi. Medkit is always needed, but only after you fixed everything else.

Medkits are needed when you can't aim / walk

Is there a list of class names for vehicle ammo somewhere? I cant get rid of the A10 GAU8 ammo with the default name.

Oooookay. Now I'm just lost. I bought OA, got that working nicely, and then tried to get ACE to work. I'm getting an error saying that "idenitities/Cfg.hpp, line 1:...undefined base class."

I've changed my Ace clippi settings/identity, still doesn't launch. I changed the .userconfig settings, and that didn't do anything either. I'm just close to giving up at this point.

Do you have ArmA2 vanilla and are you running the game as ArmA2 Combined Ops (OA will automatically launch as CO if you have AA2 installed - unless it's Steam)?

Did you use SixUpdater to install ACE?

We need more info.

Edited by metalcraze

It's almost always stop bleeding -> epi+morphine -> medkit. Not sure when you should get anything different, as I've never noticed it (but I don't end up playing with a medic very often). If he's not getting white colors on his screen, he probably doesn't need morphine. If he's not blacking out, he probably doesn't need epi. Medkit is always needed, but only after you fixed everything else.

OK we played last night as a Medic , I stopped bleeding this took 4 x Bandage Kits 2 x MOR 1 x EPI 1 x Medkit - this was pretty standard to most who was shot apart from 1 that needed a little less .

So is there no way to change how much someone needs anywhere or is is just coded into ACE, it just seems to take a long time, I know the aim is not to get shot but AI being AI are very good at shooting you :)

Having the same issue as luckyhendrix, anyone got any clues?

I have it so that theres 400 second timer before someone permanently dies, seagull respawn, but after the timer runs out it says "initializing ace spectator script" for a second then it goes to a black screen.

Hi there,

i have the same issue; what am i doing wrong?

The spectator script fires correctly (called from the respawnAsSeagull.sqf script) but remains all black when the PMR sendet me to the unconsious state and i died within it.

OK we played last night as a Medic , I stopped bleeding this took 4 x Bandage Kits 2 x MOR 1 x EPI 1 x Medkit - this was pretty standard to most who was shot apart from 1 that needed a little less .

So is there no way to change how much someone needs anywhere or is is just coded into ACE, it just seems to take a long time, I know the aim is not to get shot but AI being AI are very good at shooting you :)

That seems normal. You need more bandage if the wounding and thus bleeding is more severe. However there are large bandage kits in ACE which supposedly work like 2x usual bandages.