hellfire missiles not working. how can i lock with hellfires?

also the engineers not working (i post it again)

Which hellfires? The K models need a laser to guide to target they don't "lock".

all the hellfires . i test K's with soflam from the ground (friend spotter) but still no lock.

all the hellfires . i test K's with soflam from the ground (friend spotter) but still no lock.

Make sure the helicopter is not too close. The missiles have a minimum range of 500-750 meters (though I still like to make shots out beyond 1500). Also make sure the laser is visible from the missile. Imagine if you are the missile. Can you see the laser while flying? If not then it will not track it (aka do not laze a house from the north and fire from the south).

Also make sure you are not switching the laser codes accidently. Both the helicopter and the designator need to have the same laser code.

i have one apache with no laser designator and one soflam (how change the laser code?) why laserdesignators missing from all vehicles that have designator without ace mod? is a bug? you working on that?

edit: also i cant fire laserbombs (GBU) no lock with soflam... and no laserdesignator on planes. acts like freefall bombs

Edited by dragonsyr

I thought for hellfires they either lock on your own laser. Otherwise, they'd only look for a laser to lock on after they are actually fired, so you will see no lock, but they should still hit the laser target if fired correctly. Though I haven't used them in a while so things could have changed, but as far as I understand this is how they realistically are supposed to behave.

The K model looks for a laser while on the rail. If you are the launching vehicle and your Hellfires see a laser it will say LOCK on the HUD. If you do not see one it will not say that. You do not need a lock to fire (infact in LOAL mode the system will not even tell you that you have a lock since the system is designed to lock on AFTER launch).

The Hellfire is really pretty forgiving. As long as it sees a laser it can hit somewhere on its flight path it will attempt to hit it. The only difference in launch modes are its flight profile really.

ok, i ll try that....for the gbu's ? working ?

Kind of, wait till the next patch though, they get better.

Kind of, wait till the next patch though, they get better.

Don´t let this become some sort of crude joke :p

I thought for hellfires they either lock on your own laser. Otherwise, they'd only look for a laser to lock on after they are actually fired, so you will see no lock, but they should still hit the laser target if fired correctly. Though I haven't used them in a while so things could have changed, but as far as I understand this is how they realistically are supposed to behave.
The K model looks for a laser while on the rail. If you are the launching vehicle and your Hellfires see a laser it will say LOCK on the HUD. If you do not see one it will not say that. You do not need a lock to fire (infact in LOAL mode the system will not even tell you that you have a lock since the system is designed to lock on AFTER launch).

The Hellfire is really pretty forgiving. As long as it sees a laser it can hit somewhere on its flight path it will attempt to hit it. The only difference in launch modes are its flight profile really.

It's tough to tell if each of you are referencing RL or in-game. What you both describe isn't completely accurate.

If you're using a buddy lase method (which requires you to configure the aircraft software into "REMOTE" mode), you'll still see the laser designation on the display and then give the proper constraint indication (think of it as a "lock" with a solid box).

If you're shooting in autonomous mode in LOAL, you'll still get what looks like a "lock" (again, it's a solid box) before launch. This is the indication that the constraints have been made and you have a decent (or better) chance of hitting the target.

How forgiving the Hellfire is really depends on the environment and model. The K has more look down capability, so that makes it somewhat more forgiving, but it's all relative.

Referencing in ACE, which is not modeled accurately for the pre-launch stuff. Hopefully in the AH-64 from Nod and Franze its modeled better. :)

Referencing in ACE, which is not modeled accurately for the pre-launch stuff. Hopefully in the AH-64 from Nod and Franze its modeled better. :)

Gotcha.

How does one use the Search mirror can it be used to look under cars?

I cant seem to find any documentation on all the ACE tools etc.

I mean on the main page ya have a few descritptions for a lot of things but not every thing that ACE adds.

Please advise

What the........

I was watching this vid and some peep was using m203 of the skid of a little bird

Since when have we been able to shoot from vehicles?

Is this an ACE feature?

Thanks

Hi, I want to ask, how to define in config.cpp (if it's possible), that the unit will wear a gasmask. I have already tried to make it this way:

class MWC_SVK_LYNX_OP: CZ_Soldier_Base_EP1
{
  weapons[] = {"MP5A5", "Throw", "Put", "ACE_GlassesGasMask_US"};
  class eventHandlers
  {
     init = "[_this, 'ACE_GlassesGasMask_US'] execFSM '\x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\use_glasses.fsm'";
  };
};

but it didn't work, respectively the unit isn't wearing gasmask automaticaly.

Please, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi, I want to ask, how to define in config.cpp (if it's possible), that the unit will wear a gasmask. I have already tried to make it this way:

class MWC_SVK_LYNX_OP: CZ_Soldier_Base_EP1
{
  weapons[] = {"MP5A5", "Throw", "Put", "ACE_GlassesGasMask_US"};
  class eventHandlers
  {
     init = "[_this, 'ACE_GlassesGasMask_US'] execFSM '\x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\use_glasses.fsm'";
  };
};

but it didn't work, respectively the unit isn't wearing gasmask automaticaly.

Please, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

(_this select 0) instead of _this

(_this select 0) instead of _this

Thousand times thanks :) I was trying to solve it almost 2 days, so thanks one more time.

Note:

I have noticed that if I place on map only these units, gasmasks won't load and disappear from inventory, but it can be easily solved by placing another unit without gasmask (civilian, animal, soldier from different class) and everything works fine.

Guys I ran into some probs with the latest CBA / ACE / BETA combination..

For some reason I cant load Ace missions anymore on my dedicated host..

My start line:

./server -cfg=basic1337.cfg -config=server1337.cfg -port 2302 -cpuCount=2 -beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion "-mod=@cba_co;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@asr_ai;serverside;@tpwcas"

Game server starts fine without errors but..

As soon Im trying to load an Ace missions it says Missing addons detected: ace_main , ace_sys_wounds

Im kinda clueless ^^

Edited by m0nkm0nk

Ticket worthy or no? I noticed today that with Eyefinity the ACE goggles, glasses, masks etc, only work on the center monitor. I think they should function like a scope, blacking out or shading peripheral vision.

arma2oa2013022812551474.jpg

^^^^^ gas mask example.