Yes A FOV change will cause problems. Like not being able to use your compass,GPS,watch on the map, etc. It will mess up the cursor, and its ability to change focus. ( maybe a 2D to 3D issue?)

Yes A FOV change will cause problems. Like not being able to use your compass,GPS,watch on the map, etc. It will mess up the cursor, and its ability to change focus. ( maybe a 2D to 3D issue?)

Well that sucks.

EDIT:

Another question

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138553-RHS-Armed-Forces-of-the-Russian-Federation-0-1-6-Released!(Updated)&p=2286646&viewfull=1#post2286646

how would I set up AFRF or the replacement pack (don´t know wich one is required here) to include ace_settings_external

?

Edited by Tonci87

Is the M2A2 Aiming Circle complete and working? As within my Arma2 (with ACE build 589 according to changelog) the M2A2 Aiming Circle exists although appears unusable. I cannot switch between the views as instructed in the below links. Can just get to the sight and theres just an cursor nothing else whether or not Animated Reticles are enabled.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28739#note-14

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/12959-howitzer-emplacing/page__view__findpost__p__167588

Hey guys, is this fixed yet?

ace wounds issue

There seemed to be a bug ticket on dev heaven, but i am not authorized to see that or so.

my problem is, I have ace wounds enabled and such, ace is enabled, but when i use this in a script i made, i get the 'undefined variable in expression ace_sys_wounds_isUncon' error, and the variable _uncon is 'any'(nil?) when using it in a formatted message

_uncon = [lord] call ace_sys_wounds_isUncon

Is the M2A2 Aiming Circle complete and working? As within my Arma2 (with ACE build 589 according to changelog) the M2A2 Aiming Circle exists although appears unusable. I cannot switch between the views as instructed in the below links. Can just get to the sight and theres just an cursor nothing else whether or not Animated Reticles are enabled.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28739#note-14

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/12959-howitzer-emplacing/page__view__findpost__p__167588

Make sure that you have gone into the "gunners" view by pressing Numpad 0 or whatever your key is first.

Hey Nou, any ETA for the next ACE Update? It has been quite some time since you released the last one and I´m starting to get worried....

Make sure that you have gone into the "gunners" view by pressing Numpad 0 or whatever your key is first.

I've changed my controls much, although do you just mean the "Optics" control just as you would use with any weapon? As that as mentioned does not work, I get the same sight as used (exeption being I've just an cursor and can only traverse) in the M119, although can not then switch between the various views the links talk about.

Are the Forward and Back controls mentioned in the devheaven I linked just the normal infantry "Move Forward" and "Move Backwards" commands or you link the action to another command?

I've changed my controls much, although do you just mean the "Optics" control just as you would use with any weapon? As that as mentioned does not work, I get the same sight as used (exeption being I've just an cursor and can only traverse) in the M119, although can not then switch between the various views the links talk about.

Are the Forward and Back controls mentioned in the devheaven I linked just the normal infantry "Move Forward" and "Move Backwards" commands or you link the action to another command?

Whatever you use to move forward in game or move backward. It should work, I don't think anything has changed on it. If I get some time later today I will look into it to make sure its still working.

Hey Nou, any ETA for the next ACE Update? It has been quite some time since you released the last one and I´m starting to get worried....

When it's done. As usual. Don't you know???????????????? :)

When it's done. As usual. Don't you know???????????????? :)

Just wanted to make sure that you are still working on it^^

But seriously, more than a month? That´s a new record.

ok, I have a few questions. I am not sure if these are bugs or just user error.

These tests/observations have all been done in the MP editor/preview or hosting a server,haven't tried any of this on a dedicated server.

1. I can not get ...this setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",false].. to work on an AI unit. I have tried it from the unit init box and script. I have also tried naming the AI unit and then..name setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",false]. I can however use ..player setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",false].. and it works fine on a player. Also, will this work on vehicles, or is it just units.

[solved].. In Columdrum's revive had AI wounding turned off.

2. I cannot get ...[this, .5] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage;..to work on an AI unit(only tried from script, not unit init box) ,but it seems to work fine on players.

[solved].. In Columdrum's revive had AI wounding turned off.

3. What does CPR do? I know what it does in RL, but in game nothing happens. I thought if you were a non-medic you could use CPR to revive a fallen player,which would make sense. CPR takes alot longer than giving a shot of epi\morphine. I have played missions with friends and it doesn't seem to do anything. The only way we can ever revive someone is stop the bleeding, give them epi, then give them morphine. We do this pretty much any time someone is down. I liked the idea of only medics being able to use epi/morph,but when you only have 4-5 people playing and one medic, it makes it tough when no one else can revive. I had to make my missions where everyone can use epi/morph. Still only medics can heal.

4. Last thing , which I think is a bug. If I am testing a mission in the MP editor. I can damage myself and give myself morphine, no problems/errors. As soon as I load a mission and friends join, if someone gets damaged and tries to give themselves morphine they get this

File x\ace\addons\sys_wounds\self_morphine.sqf, line 9
Error in expression <wounds_fnc_isMedic)}) then {
hintSilent (localize "STR_ACE_WOUNDS_NO_MORPH");
_e>
 Error position: <(localize "STR_ACE_WOUNDS_NO_MORPH");
_e>
 Error Missing ;

I get this same error as the host, but again not when I am just testing the mission by myself.

Edited by Nomadd

Yap as Tholozor said, I am sure CPR is there to make sure the player does not die quickly ((lol what a explanation)) e.g. Has more time to live so medic has a bit additional time to come and patch him up.

Yea, from what I remember from using it before, the timer still ticks down while the animation is playing, but by the time it finishes, the wounded player gains a profit of about 10~12 seconds. It doesn't stop blood loss though, so still be sure to stop the bleeding or put a CAT on if you need to go for CPR while waiting for medical personnel.

IIRC the timer will also go down if the unit is still bleeding

Explain ACE AI medic to me.

Multiple times I had a problem where the medic refused to heal the wounded soldier. And I don't mean it delayed healing, I mean outright refusing.

It just comes near a wounded soldier (however sometimes it doesn't), stays near him for some short time and then "No can do".

However when I switch to the medic using teamswitch - all that needs done is applying bandages several times and epi/morphine - which helps.

I also give AI medic a lot of bandages, epinephrine and morphine. Or is AI scripted in such way that it needs something else to even begin healing?

Anyone?

Hey guys,

In the game it is possible to bury one of the @ACE mines, is it possible to spawn them buried from the Editor?

Cheers

All you need to do is place the mine in the editor and use setPosATL and put the Z coordinate to a small negative number.

ok, I have a few questions. I am not sure if these are bugs or just user error.

These tests/observations have all been done in the MP editor/preview or hosting a server,haven't tried any of this on a dedicated server.

1. I can not get ...this setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",false].. to work on an AI unit. I have tried it from the unit init box and script. I have also tried naming the AI unit and then..name setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",false]. I can however use ..player setVariable ["ace_w_allow_dam",false].. and it works fine on a player. Also, will this work on vehicles, or is it just units.

2. I cannot get ...[this, .5] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage;..to work on an AI unit(only tried from script, not unit init box) ,but it seems to work fine on players.

Are you running UPSMON? By default it disables ACE wounds for AI due to issues it was causing with AI behavior (not sure exactly what the issues were and whether they were or weren't specific to UPSMON). That may or may not cause the ACE wounds functions you're trying to use to not work for AI.

@galzohar

I am not running UPSmon, but I am using ASR_AI and TPWCAS. I believe those are the only AI mods I have. I will try and drop everything and do some more tests. It could very well be a conflict, if I figure it out I will post it.

Figured it out... was right in front of me and I missed it. I am using Columdrum's revive and the very first line in the config is to disable wounding for AI. I had it set to true, no idea how I missed that. This problem was just user error(imagine that). In case anyone runs across this same thing, hopefully this post will save you some time.

Edited by Nomadd

Hello everyone, I am currently hosting a game server through NFOServers. I'm trying to get CBA, ACE and ACEX / USNavy / RU working on a combined server.

Here is my server RPT:

=====================================================================
== C:\servers\pnr\exec_pnr.exe
== \servers\pnr\exec_pnr.exe -ip=70.42.74.68 -port=2302 -name=server -config=cfg\server.cfg -cfg=cfg\basic.cfg -profiles=cfg -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@Blast
Exe timestamp: 2012/10/31 03:23:35
Current time:  2013/02/07 18:01:29

Version 1.62.95251
ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'C:\servers\pnr\@ACE\addons\ace_sys_dagr.pbo'. Expected 845979 B, got 262144 B

== \servers\pnr\exec_pnr.exe -ip=70.42.74.68 -port=2302 -name=server -config=cfg\server.cfg -cfg=cfg\basic.cfg -profiles=cfg -mod=arma2;expansion;ca;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@Blast
Current time:  2013/02/07 18:12:05

Version 1.62.95251
ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'C:\servers\pnr\@ACE\addons\ace_sys_flashbang.pbo'. Expected 2797634 B, got 2011223 B

Current time:  2013/02/07 18:20:41

Version 1.62.95251
ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'C:\servers\pnr\@ACE\addons\ace_sys_huntir.pbo'. Expected 1149294 B, got 362883 B

Current time:  2013/02/07 18:27:11

Version 1.62.95251
ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'C:\servers\pnr\@ACEX\addons\ace_sys_willipete.pbo'. Expected 2445626 B, got 589824 B

Current time:  2013/02/07 18:42:25

Version 1.62.95251
ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'C:\servers\pnr\@ACEX\addons\ace_sys_willipete.pbo'. Expected 2445626 B, got 589824 B

I'm trying to play 404Wasteland - Chernarusv2.9, I am not sure if it will work with this mission or not.

The RPT is only generating ErrorMessage: Data file too short 'C:\servers\pnr\@ACEX\addons\ace_sys_willipete.pbo'. Expected 2445626 B, got 589824 B

HOWEVER they are the same file size client side and server side. I've refreshed to ensure what I was seeing was current information and it is.

Any thoughts / help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey guys, does anyone know how i could induce the ACE Wounded state on a unit? I would like to create a rescue mission where the target has to be carried out, either on the back or on a stretcher. If i could induce the wounded state on a unit, it would be perfect.