Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

How to explain it? Something needs to be included into game first to be removed. And we are trying to include only assets deemed worthy by the mighty gods of QA into the game. Some assets were not deemed so and are lurking our office in desperate need to be finished. There are some issues that need to be addressed first before they may roam the outside world freely :icon_twisted:

It kind of simple how to finish most of the things. Dean Hall has to return back some members of original A3 team.

Maybe what all here needs to hear is Maruk. He should tell us what project is priority for BIS (it is DayZ, we all know this secret).

I'd love to see a DLC for A3 that included all of the content from A2 and A2OA. I already own both and use AiA but it's not widely used MP wise and has a few bugs.

It kind of simple how to finish most of the things. Dean Hall has to return back some members of original A3 team.

Maybe what all here needs to hear is Maruk. He should tell us what project is priority for BIS (it is DayZ, we all know this secret).

DayZ has a dev team of about 5 people man I doubt that has had a major, Campaign and Content delaying effect on Arma 3.

Oh man - so now when this touched the stuff you people care about - suddenly it's not "vitriol"-comments from some crazy minority anymore?

Overreacting is not constructive criticism.

I will have enough of a game for my 20 euros already with all of the stuff that comes with the release, even if some of stuff that were on the early screeshots wouldn't be there. And some things maybe coming later.

Those who paid more, get their DLC:s free.

I don't see any reason to be bitter or angry, although I was waiting for the variety of lovely planes to fly aroung Altis.

Oh man - so now when this touched the stuff you people care about - suddenly it's not "vitriol"-comments from some crazy minority anymore? Even though "overreacting" was nothing but an observation of the game missing a ton of content a month before release and realistic prediction of a month not being enough to finish anything?

Dangerously close to a valid grievance.

Wait till they start selling some of that cut out content as a DLC. After all BIS is a business and any content added past the final release of a game is basically done for no income whatsoever. And businesses are about the income.

Right back into the crazy we all know and love. BI has admitted they messed up, and they've promised that promised content will make it into the game free of charge, what has given you the indication they plan to charge for it?

On a side note, you wouldn't happen to be related to Sean Hannity by any chance, would you?

I'd love to see a DLC for A3 that included all of the content from A2 and A2OA. I already own both and use AiA but it's not widely used MP wise and has a few bugs.

I would gladly pay for that, A2/A2OA maps, vehicles and maybe infantry integrated without any weirdness and bugs, and just a little enhanced.

This image of the new UAVs here makes me really want them now! http://www.bistudio.com/images/stories/arma3/screenshots/a3_drones.jpg

It's funny how some people thought the big UAV was cut entirely from the game, just because it was shown only on one screenshot before.

Me too, but unless it is free, there won't be many more MP servers using it.

So instead of one delay for the campaign, there are now 3 delays.

And some of the earliest screens showed the Keltec, the M1014 and the F35. The models are done. Look how fast modders can put out weapons once they've done all the modelling and texturing. You telling me the weapon properties and animations need that much time? That the beta already has all the infantry weapons except the PDW?

How is this "final" release not a beta? The campaign isn't finished, weapons aren't finished, vehicles aren't finished. These "DLCs" are literally no different from the content updates we've been getting on the beta.

Right back into the crazy we all know and love. BI has admitted they messed up, and they've promised that promised content will make it into the game free of charge, what has given you the indication they plan to charge for it?

Read pettka's post. He does not promise that missing content will ever be added. He says 'maybe' but no promises.

Also charging for missing content is a mere speculation nothing else. After all BIS has never sold content previously available as a DLC. Never.

Not sure if it has been mentioned or touched upon yet, but any news when the bi tools will be out?

Thanks.

Read pettka's post. He does not promise that missing content will ever be added. He says 'maybe' but no promises.

Also charging for missing content is a mere speculation nothing else. After all BIS has never sold content previously available as a DLC. Never.

He's not promising because BIS has a track record throughout arma 3's development of promising things (like the TOH flight model which was said numerous times to "YES IT WILL BE IN THE GAME GOD STOP ASKING") and oh look its not going to be in. He said it's extremely likely, and I'm inclined to believe him. The 'maybe' is just legalese, more or less.

And BIS would never (well I should say is very unlikely to) cut content then sell it later as paid DLC. Their paid DLC's have all been quality and consisted of unique content and I don't why they would change that with Arma 3.

I think it's somewhat of a failure on BIS part to have been working on this game for so long, yet they still haven't finished such a fundamental asset to the game(fighter jets), they really should just rename the release as another beta update or release candidate. First the campaign was axed, now several fighter jets and shotguns.

The F-35 and MV-22 Osprey could have been ported from ArmA 2 and have their interior remodeled to include PiP screens and some config changes to accommodate the ASRAAM/DAGR missiles, etc.., it would have not been the first vehicle

that is recycled from ArmA 2. (Ka-60 from the PMC DLC, possibly the pandur from ACR)

I don't know how they can have so high standards, yet the Blackfoot attack helicopter functions just like an AH-64 Apache from A2, and it's interior is largely based over the Apache from A2 as well. (Minus the PiP monitors)

nor do APCs/tanks have even basic interiors for the crewman, it's 2035 and the driver's periscope is still glued to a single spot.

I hope that the unmanned drones will have better controls and functionality than in ArmA 2(see my post at the thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160758-DISCUSSION-Control-Options-Unmaned-Ground-Vehicles)

Maybe they'll prove to be a viable replacement for fighter jets in the meanwhile. Speaking of drones, I really hope that they will appear on the dev branch soon.

PMC and ACR were all unique content? OK.

ACR was to my eyes a cash grab most likely to fund arma 3's development (thats just my speculation), but PMC and BAF certainly were.

So instead of one delay for the campaign, there are now 3 delays.

And some of the earliest screens showed the Keltec, the M1014 and the F35. The models are done. Look how fast modders can put out weapons once they've done all the modelling and texturing. You telling me the weapon properties and animations need that much time? That the beta already has all the infantry weapons except the PDW?

How is this "final" release not a beta? The campaign isn't finished, weapons aren't finished, vehicles aren't finished. These "DLCs" are literally no different from the content updates we've been getting on the beta.

On top of that, all the other stuff that has been simplified/removed for post release got the excuse "Not priority, we need the recources on other stuff" just to find out the other stuff is not finished either (unless the other stuff is showcases and firing drills..).

Here is the promised blog explaining details regarding the campaign and other important decisions :)

Please take a moment to read it.

To paraphrase an Indiana Jones movie: "You chose wisely!"

For those who bitch about want to play the entire thing at once, wait for all 3 episodes. Sure, it will be a longer wait, more time for you to play through some of the excellent missions already available. Or work the AiA universe

[...]

You mean like ACR DLC? They released it in a horrible state and haven't patched it since and it's been a year.

Or ArmA1? Which suffered from exactly this kind of mismanagement of ArmA3 where BIS binned everything that was made and started anew with 1 year till release.

As a result the game had dull campaign and subpar content. Which they later expanded in patches (or free DLCs as they are called now). But it didn't help the game at all. And now this happens once again.

Why would they release a final game with broken AI then? Why would they cut out stuff and simplify the game, make sides mirror each other - until ArmA3 only remotely resembles ArmA game if they care?

Or why are they telling us this only now? Not a year ago?

And yeah there are positive changes in ArmA3 but for every positive change there are two negative ones. And I know that my opinions can differ from yours, especially when you don't know that ArmA was better before or don't accept the complexity of original OFP/ArmA gameplay and is happy with the current state of ArmA3 which is more like an arcade shooter on big maps now.

Excuse me, but I'm really interested why you keep ranting that much when you obviously did not expect anything else than that disaster you were put through at least twice before in the past. In no post in the past few days you said that you hope for anything better, you just expect doomsday to come.

I can understand people not being happy about the current developement of things and if you want to critisize them, but come on... "train wreck", really?

I think, the reasons for the delay were made clear and I can understand many of them. I also think that it's not the best idea to release the campaign in episodes but anyway, I don't expect them to rip my pants off with paid DLC so soon ;) (and if so, then I still can play the main release which I paid 25 euros for. Any other current game costs more than twice and it doesn't have 1/3 of ArmA3 feature and entertainment potential.)

And we are trying to include only assets deemed worthy by the mighty gods of QA into the game.

Does that include non-combat things which are usually includes as part of the campaign like maps, documents, photos, sat phones and other Items we can use in missions. A lot of people are looking to be able to have "recover the stolen documents" type missions and either having to resort to a player addOn or use something silly like a smoke grenade since there's no non-combat items in the game at the moment.

There's also a lot of these types of things missing in later beta as well like working popup targets (ones that stay down via built in script) or invisible targets for Men and Vehicle for each faction or street lamps. Things that add a lot to mission making. Any of those making a come back?

Thiiis is what I like to hear. Hopefully not too much of a wait

What? That things got removed, and may or may not be put back in again? Well, great.

street lamps.

I've been wondering what happened to the street lights. they were very helpful for night missions, and they seemed to work fine. I've heard they're still in the default-branch, but I'm too lazy to switch back and forth to check

yesterday I also noticed I couldn't find the fireplace. I know there's mods that will unlock all this stuff, but I'm kinda curious why they're no longer in the editor

No streetlamps in the current dev build. They are still in cfgVehicles, but scope = 1 so you can't see them in the editor.

Excuse me, but I'm really interested why you keep ranting that much when you obviously did not expect anything else than that disaster you were put through at least twice before in the past. In no post in the past few days you said that you hope for anything better, you just expect doomsday to come.

I can understand people not being happy about the current developement of things and if you want to critisize them, but come on... "train wreck", really?

I think, the reasons for the delay were made clear and I can understand many of them. I also think that it's not the best idea to release the campaign in episodes but anyway, I don't expect them to rip my pants off with paid DLC so soon ;) (and if so, then I still can play the main release which I paid 25 euros for. Any other current game costs more than twice and it doesn't have 1/3 of ArmA3 feature and entertainment potential.)

I don't mean / need to speak for anyone but while using the wording disaster would be plain unfair and not true, I don't blame the sceptics either and I am not even hinting at the delayed campaign, as that is something that I can personally enjoy the game without till it's simply ready. Without giving the impression of trying to discredit the amount of work put in the game so far, I really do feel like I haven't seen enough. While improvements on many fronts / parts of the game, others appear to be the same base as from arma 1/2 and I was hoping for entire and fullest overhaul the game could possibly go through.

I very much appreciate the dedication and cooperation with the community BI's doing and for the 25 / 50 / 70 quid it's still great deal but I personally would rather pay twice as much to make even more out of it, preferably without the need for a DLC because there are still tons of shortcomings that somewhat hinder the game. Basically put - you can do this; but what you can't do is this and that; or am I too demanding? Well so be it.

Well my c2 anyway

Edited by Bee8190