Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I know that, I've meant that BIS should have refocused their employees on more important stuff, they should have hired more designers/modellers to work on creating vehicles(or vehicle interiors maybe, for some of them), and tasking the mission designers with working on the campaign instead of showcases. (Although I don't know how many resources were really spent in the creation of showcases, but only assume based on how they're advertising showcases as an important feature of the game.)

It has been said in the blog and it has been said here by the developers: they focused and refocused and changed alot of stuff during the development, period. While you believe they should have hired more designers/modellers others believe they should have hired more programmers. Its easy to come here to the forums and make assumptions and suggestions after the storm has passed. Fact is: the creation of the showcases is necessary (because new players don't know how to make missions and might never want to learn it, which is perfectly fair) and that doesn't interfere with the creation of content.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray"

If ArmA 3 is the main focus of BIS, they should have allocated more employees to work on A3 assets before working on other games like TKOH Mars or DayZ standalone. It's ridiculous that we are 1-2 months before release, and BIS still haven't finished working on such a fundamental feature of the game - fixed wing aircraft. (Cargo planes, at least 2 more fighter jets..)

They should this, they should that... again you fail to understand how they develop(ed) their games. Take On Mars was one guy and DayZ is a small team of 4 or 5 guys, why do you think they keep delaying it (DayZ)? Because they want? No, because they lack the manpower for a faster development. They shifted an entire studio to ARMA3 and that for me, shows their commitment to the project.

lol, I cant help but find it funny how if you had said "What if next week we found out that planes have been axed aswell" 50 pages back, you would have been called a crybaby or accused of overreacting :)

Well I would have called those people overreacting too because I thought axing proper military jets from a modern war shooter was incredibly unlikely to happen, and yet here we are. BIS I love fanboying your guys work more than anyone but you're sure making it hard for me.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Heres a video where Jay Crowe flies a working F-35 around Altis

And it's been removed? I'm giving BIS the benefit of the doubt as best I can but this one is a little harder to explain.

I'm probably coming off as quite antagonistic, please understand that's not my intention

Well I would have called those people overreacting too because I thought axing proper military jets from a modern war shooter was incredibly unlikely to happen, and yet here we are. BIS I love fanboying your guys work more than anyone but you're sure making it hard for me.

I know, its just the past experiences with BIS, totally made something like this expectable, thats why alot of people were worried in advance, before the actual blog itself.

And it's been removed?

Where it was said that it has been removed?

Removed as in not included in release, ofcourse it might show up in one of the free DLCs, but still it got axed from original release.

I too wonder this because I haven't read anywhere that it's been removed?

What this thread has been whining about for the last few pages. There is only going to be 1 jet in the game at release, an L-159 (Called a buzzard ingame) which is a light attack/recon/trainer aircraft. Not a bone-fide air superiority/multirole/attack jet which would be reasonable to expect in an Arma game.

First to say, no complete part of content has been removed from the game for its release (we aren't doing any release-day-DLC-for-bazzillions-of-macarons as it has been stated with the campaign). We have some unfinished content that would require some degree of our attention, it is possible that it is going to be released as soon as it is finished (which may be along the episodes of campaign and for free off course) :icon_twisted:

What this thread has been whining about for the last few pages. There is only going to be 1 jet in the game at release, an L-159 (Called a buzzard ingame) which is a light attack/recon/trainer aircraft. Not a bone-fide air superiority/multirole/attack jet which would be reasonable to expect in an Arma game.

But where's the proof exactly? Is there an official list, or just some asset list pulled out of a pbo somewhere in the game that may or may not change with the next few devbranch updates? I missed something amongst the bitching whining.

First to say, no complete part of content has been removed from the game for its release (we aren't doing any release-day-DLC-for-bazzillions-of-macarons as it has been stated with the campaign). We have some unfinished content that would require some degree of our attention, it is possible that it is going to be released as soon as it is finished (which may be along the episodes of campaign and for free off course) :icon_twisted:

Why didn't you just say, "it has been removed but it will be included with some DLC". Much easier than what you just wrote...

Thiiis is what I like to hear. Hopefully not too much of a wait

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

But where's the proof exactly? Is there an official list, or just some asset list pulled out of a pbo somewhere in the game that may or may not change with the next few devbranch updates? I missed something amongst the bitching whining.

The arma 3 website has a list of vehicles that will be in the game at release (along with weapons etc) and on that list, there is only 1 jet. This has been confirmed to be the correct list by pettka.

Okay i feel bad because I keep looking and I do not see that list, is it the vehicle overview?

I too wonder this because I haven't read anywhere that it's been removed?

http://www.arma3.com/launch-countdown scroll all the way down.

also note this

The list should be complete for the release of Arma 3 (or as complete as possible, there are going to be some more minor stuff like optics, additional variants of current vehicles and other stuff). It is highly probable that there will be more content after release with the episodes, but no promises :icon_twisted:

Okay i feel bad because I keep looking and I do not see that list, is it the vehicle overview?

I don't see any way to navigate to this page other than through that dev blog, but it is here on the launch countdown page:

http://www.arma3.com/launch-countdown

click the vehicles button.

http://www.arma3.com/launch-countdown

Under the "Vehicles" page.

Edit: So many ninja's

What happened to the KSG shotgun or the XM25? The F35? The Osprey? The awesome as hell (if unrealistic) railgun tank? All this cool shit and someone somewhere has sat down and said "No, I don't want this in the game".

What happened to the KSG shotgun or the XM25? The F35? The Osprey? The awesome as hell (if unrealistic) railgun tank? All this cool shit and someone somewhere has sat down and said "No, I don't want this in the game".

You make it seem like there is someone in a dark room somewhere looking at the models and thinking this looks fun, the community must never be allowed to lay their unwashed hands on it!.

BI is not a large company, they have a very finite pool of resources to draw from, a rapidly approaching deadline and they've set themselves a high standard of quality to reach. They just do not seem to have the manpower to fix bugs, finish developing assets currently in game, and integrate new things before they release, at least not while being able to guarantee any sort of quality.

They had to punt on something, and it would seem that a few of the guns/vehicles that couldn't be finished quickly were that unlucky bunch. It'll be back in at some point, they just do not have time for it now.

Do you think this is something they wanted to do? Even if they didn't have to deal with this forum, which is so acidic it could probably dissolve steel, no programmer or artist who gives even half a damn likes to give up on something they've worked on before it's done. The people at BI definitely give a damn.

That is except for the rail gun tank. That probably got canned when they pivoted away from the uber future (notice we haven't seen any screenshots of those giant white research domes north of the airfield in a while). It certainly wasn't helped by the constant outpouring of opposition from people on this board.

So yeah, it has been axed from release and could be included in one of the DLCs...

Oh man - so now when this touched the stuff you people care about - suddenly it's not "vitriol"-comments from some crazy minority anymore? Even though "overreacting" was nothing but an observation of the game missing a ton of content a month before release and realistic prediction of a month not being enough to finish anything?

Wait till they start selling some of that cut out content as a DLC. After all BIS is a business and any content added past the final release of a game is basically done for no income whatsoever. And businesses are about the income.

I guess we need a BIS dev to tell us what is going on with the jets. Is there going to be more than the one in the list?

One jet on release? More later? No more even later?

Sure there must be other planes ...or? DLC?

One of the most fun things to do in Arma(s) is flying. Choppers are cool of course. Fixed-wings, although less used in scenarios, are still essential for Arma to feel Arma. Cargo planes, small civilian planes, jets, ...they give so much possibilities to create missions.

Even if they didn't have to deal with this forum, which is so acidic it could probably dissolve steel, no programmer or artist who gives even half a damn likes to give up on something they've worked on before it's done. The people at BI definitely give a damn.

These forums acidic? My god what would you call more reputable company forums?

Why didn't you just say, "it has been removed but it will be included with some DLC". Much easier than what you just wrote...

How to explain it? Something needs to be included into game first to be removed. And we are trying to include only assets deemed worthy by the mighty gods of QA into the game. Some assets were not deemed so and are lurking our office in desperate need to be finished. There are some issues that need to be addressed first before they may roam the outside world freely :icon_twisted:

You should edit the blog to clarify that then I think.

I hope those domes we saw in some screenshots weren't removed, I was ramping up some mission ideas around them :(

railgun tank railgun tank railgun tank railgun tank railgun tank railgun tank please an answer yes or no

Edited by Doln