Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

In 2035, L-159 will be very useless and old, Tornado too.

As will most of the other equipment too. Arma 3 is not really that futuristic, it's mostly things that are already available today. The only thing futuristic about it seems to be that everything is renamed with some fictional "future" designation, maybe to avoid having to pay licensing fees to the manufacturers?

By the way, this is an excellent page for information on the Arma 3 weapons:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Arma_3

The L-159 Alca was first flown in 1997, and was produced between 1997-2003, and based on this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VkvovZqjE

It looks like it has a modern cockpit and avionics, so while it's not stealthy nor has particularly good specs, it could be a fine plane for CAS and reconnaissance, even though it's slightly old for 2035, the A-10 is 41 years old and it's still being used today. (And will remain used until 2040), so it's doable that the L-159 will still be used in 2035.

We still need 5th gen planes but tbh, air to air was never really a strong thing in ArmA, and stealth capabilities aren't simulated, so the UAV drones and L-159 will be fine for most air needs.

The L-159 Alca was first flown in 1997, and was produced between 1997-2003, and based on this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VkvovZqjE

It looks like it has a modern cockpit and avionics, so while it's not stealthy nor has particularly good specs, it could be a fine plane for CAS and reconnaissance, even though it's slightly old for 2035, the A-10 is 41 years old and it's still being used today. (And will remain used until 2040), so it's doable that the L-159 will still be used in 2035.

We still need 5th gen planes but tbh, air to air was never really a strong thing in ArmA, and stealth capabilities aren't simulated, so the UAV drones and L-159 will be fine for most air needs.

40 years older or not, the A10C still remains vastly superior to the L-159...

Yay!

these are not the same type of aircraft, the comparison is not possible in my opinion.

Too bad they haven't chosen French gear/vehicles...

They're very good and would perfectly fit for 2035.

ooh I hope that there won't be 1 plane in the game that all factions use but with a different texture.. just like they did with SDV's..

My main problem with 1 jet is it being that L159. What a boring thing it is. It has been skinned for many BIS content so far. Arma2/OA/ACR. even if we get an F35...its boring..I have seen it so often now in Arma it's like the Abrams or M16 (You know? the whole reason BIS wanted to do a future setting? so they could get away from this stuff). I would have imagined one of the coolest things a game designer/3D modeler could be told is to, "make a plane for the year 2035 and your not constrained to making a real world copy, you can use some artistic flair". And we get 1 L159.. :/

What about using some inspiration from that recent crazy Iranian "jet"? cdni.wired.co.uk/620x413/o_r/q133.jpg

Or the the new Yak-130. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Z1PdRhkL_d4/T0C8rjPbwGI/AAAAAAAACjk/o19dgzC9Qdg/s1600/yak-130+bangladesh.jpeg

Or even make it look like the L159 is a 4th generation+, upgraded like the new F16: http://www.gizmag.com/lockheed-martin-f-16v/21482/pictures

Wasted opportunity for some nice variation.

PS I have had this opinion since I first saw the Screen shots of the F35 and L159, just never mentioned 'till now/Secretly hoped more planes would be revealed.

The Yak-130 is the russian version of the M346 (they were developed toghether): it's mainly an advanced training jet, but a CAS version is being taken in count by the Italian Air Force...

Yay!

If they just implanted 1 plane from A2, where are the others like SU-34 ?

If they just implanted 1 plane from A2, where are the others like SU-34 ?
Maybe they had time to fully implement only the L-134...

Yay!

I have a feeling that the reason the first part of the campaign isn't getting released with the game is because the "content" that goes with the campaign isn't ready, ie, planes, guns etc.

that's not really what they said though. if that were the case, why not at least confirm that there will be additional "content" (not on that list)

if the campaign is waiting for content that may or may not happen, that seems to suggest things are really 'up in the air'

What about you Sharp?

Wouldn't you have wanted the Tigre, Caracal, Rafale, Caesar, Félin soldiers etc...?

My main problem with 1 jet is it being that L159. What a boring thing it is. It has been skinned for many BIS content so far. Arma2/OA/ACR. even if we get an F35...its boring..I have seen it so often now in Arma it's like the Abrams or M16 (You know? the whole reason BIS wanted to do a future setting? so they could get away from this stuff). I would have imagined one of the coolest things a game designer/3D modeler could be told is to, "make a plane for the year 2035 and your not constrained to making a real world copy, you can use some artistic flair". And we get 1 L159.. :/

What about using some inspiration from that recent crazy Iranian "jet"? cdni.wired.co.uk/620x413/o_r/q133.jpg

Or the the new Yak-130. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Z1PdRhkL_d4/T0C8rjPbwGI/AAAAAAAACjk/o19dgzC9Qdg/s1600/yak-130+bangladesh.jpeg

Or even make it look like the L159 is a 4th generation+, upgraded like the new F16: http://www.gizmag.com/lockheed-martin-f-16v/21482/pictures

Wasted opportunity for some nice variation.

PS I have had this opinion since I first saw the Screen shots of the F35 and L159, just never mentioned 'till now/Secretly hoped more planes would be revealed.

That's a good point, why not have a cool as shit near-future jet (ie how the BTR-K is a cool as shit near-future 2T Stalker) instead of a light trainer jet? The F35 is squarely in the cool near-future jet territory but a L-159 sure isn't. Why pass up that opportunity. The PAK-FA is basically an F35: Russian edition (and looks cooler imo), why not implement that? It would look cool as all hell in CSAT hex camo

From what I got reading this thread: a low specs 4th (?) generation Czech ground attack jet...

Or a Tornado. I want a Tornado BIS!

Yay!

A tornado is old by today's standards :x

@Wiki : European units can be cool for AAF Army, Tiger and NH-90 are very nice and are actually tested by lot of army, Panhard CRAB can be really awesome too, but felin soldier is heavy and not unsuitable in open terrain, it's good for CQB and NRBC but on an battlefield like Altis will be

Sell the campaign as a five-part DLC with an 80€ Premium season pass. With day one-DLC which should be cut out of the game because it really doesn't fit in with the...uh...theme...? So the people who are in for full experience can still get more of awesome content for their game, right from the start.

In-game store for map assets and especially gameplay-enhancing elements, such as instant ammo refills, are mandatory for any modern-day FPS.

Alright, guys, add these fast because you want to get Arma 4 on the way as fast as possible. Ignore customer feedback for the most part, they don't know shit about game development and most of them are pirating your game anyway.

We saw your current business strategy and... sigh... decided to help you out with some of the basics.

-Love, Electronic Arts

From: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/06/arma-3-interview-bohemia-explains-the-arma-3-campaign/

lol

I'm not sorry for BI if it is true what I've read in this ARMA 3 development blog & reveals thread but I will not spend any euro cent for your games , dlc, addons anymore. 4-5 years of development and 1 plane..., campaign as DLC..., and one more little advice, spend next 2-3 months to fix a firing drill showcase..., just in case..., you've lost totally 4 of your customers.

I'm not sorry for BI if it is true what I've read in this ARMA 3 development blog & reveals thread but I will not spend any euro cent for your games , dlc, addons anymore. 4-5 years of development and 1 plane..., campaign as DLC..., and one more little advice, spend next 2-3 months to fix a firing drill showcase..., just in case..., you've lost totally 4 of your customers.

They could probably care less about loosing 4 customers. No pun intended. They are taking the decisions and calling the shots deal with it.

It is really fun to read this thread . . . highly entertaining I would say at least . . . me getting some more popcorn now. :D

1 crap jet?

oh man that is just the icing.

Releasing the campaign later was a move that many did not like (myself included) but at least we could enjoy all the content while we wait...

Only to find out there is basically no content at all...

They can't just put one jet, I mean we have 4 differents factions (I don't count civilian)...

Guys guys, more content will (probably, highly possible) arrive with the campaign, i would not be surprised about more jets. Hold your horses, BIS is famous for improving the game for a very long time after release.

;2461889']They can't just put one jet' date=' I mean we have 4 differents factions (I don't count civilian)...[/quote']

Your signature pic made me laugh due to the irony :)

I'm sad they don't even have a civilian plane of some sort so we could so guerilla para drops or something :(