Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Is it possible that the info on how ArmA3 originally was planned to be will be revealed someday?

Just to compare the vision back then and now.

+1, I'm interested in too.

Is it possible that the info on how ArmA3 originally was planned to be will be revealed someday?

Just to compare the vision back then and now.

yeah, all these appeals to 'visions changing' have been pretty vague

no offense BI, but without details, it just sounds like a bunch of fluff

So, your logic is that my expectation of a campaign that was talked up and a few more assets that were shown in the context of Arma 3 and "IN GAME" screenshots in addition to what is currently listed is unrealistic? Please.

I don't need to reread what they wrote, I told you what's going to be written there before they wrote it. I understand it, it does not mean I have to jump and praise them for saying that they will deliver something that was expected from final at some later date.

And please, stop painting people as "BI heretics" the moment some valid criticism is applied. Supporting someone goes beyond telling them "Yes dear, you did a good thing, keep up" no matter what they do. As a part of this 12 year long rollercoaster that's been BI forums, I think you can ease off your rhetoric.

http://i.imgur.com/GrgJiOY.jpg

Edit: I think I'm going to make myself a shirt to wear out of that. ^_^

Oi! You can't use that image, thats our meme steretype! USA USA USA.

In all seriousness though the deed is done and all that is left is to wait and see what comes of it..I already bought the game and I'm not uninstalling it but the support it gets will be a deciding factor on what will be done in the future, but I'm also a bit confused...if we are indeed Q and A testing then what about the upcoming vehicles, there is no time to test MBT's or fixed wing in the duration of release, not when we're STILL finding things with wheeled vehicles.. will the tracker stay open and work continue in regards to that?

It has already been stated by Dwarden that the tracker will remain open after release for a very long time.

If changing the direction was the cause of the railgun tank getting cut then I'm having a hard time supporting that decision

I mean

Fuckin' railguns man

It has already been stated by Dwarden that the tracker will remain open after release for a very long time.

Excelleent.

If changing the direction was the cause of the railgun tank getting cut then I'm having a hard time supporting that decision

I mean

Fuckin' railguns man

You mean the same railgun tank that so many people lost their minds over?

Fixed-wing CAS was in the cards since 2011

F-35. Expected to be in game cause of vast amount of official videos and screenshots. Yeah, I know 2011. But thats exactly what I`m talking bout.

That would've been yet another vintage model in the game. The L-159 is already pushing it along with the Kasatka and the Kamaz. I´d rather have more new stuff than yet more old stuff, to be honest.

You mean the same railgun tank that so many people lost their minds over?

Just because they can't handle awesomeness.

But really, it just adds to the game and in the worst case those "Steal the Prototype" (:j: side)missions finally make some sense. Same for the Hamok (yep, deal with it; Zamak is way worst).

And while the talk is still about the change of directions, you may also want to talk about the vehicle naming.

Edited by Smurf

Just because they can't handle awesomeness.

But really, it just adds to the game and in the worst case those "Steal the Prototype" (:J: side)missions finally make some sense. Same for the Hamok (yep, deal with it; Kamaz is way worst).

And while the talk is still about the change of directions, you may also want to talk about the vehicle naming.

This man gets it. The railgun tank opened up a whole new avenue of mission making, and then they removed it. RIP

I too would like to know more about the previous direction as it had fucking railgun tanks can I just emphasise that a bit more goddamn, what other crazy awesome stuff did they have in mind.

BIS also has to do a campaign, bipods and TOH FM and whatever else they've promised post-release. There is absolutely no way they are going to make all that happen for free.

And why not?

It is not like we would lock new features from the current release, above all, we want to keep players playing together and with compatible game version.

Sure we will have some ideas for future content, features and whatnot, this does not mean that those, won´t be patched into the current platform, especially when talking about engine capabilities/features/improvements like, for example, it was done with Arma 2 DLC's.

When it's done it's done, and there's little we can do to change how BIS will do things and what BIS will add/change/remove.

This is not true, we keep our eyes and ears aiming at what the community wants, sometimes, it just depends if we are able to deliver in time.

Edited by neokika

And why not?

It is not like we would lock new features from the current release, above all, we want to keep players playing together and with compatible game version.

Sure we will have some ideas for future content, features and whatnot, this does not mean that those, won´t be patched into the current platform, especially when talking about engine capabilities/features/improvements like, for example, it was done with Arma 2 DLC's.

I think a bigger question/worry will be if you will be able to implement all that was promised into ArmA 3 at all, irregardless of if it's in a DLC or not.

I too would like to know what was originally planed for A3...

This is not true, we keep our eyes and ears aiming at what the community wants, sometimes, it just depends if we are able to deliver in time.

I agree with that, i've see plenty of times fixes and small improvements based on the feedback tracker.

Sadly, if you look at this whole situation realistically, there is no way we going to see even Ep1 of the Campaign before 2014, considering all the planned AI changes/fixes.

That would've been yet another vintage model in the game. The L-159 is already pushing it along with the Kasatka and the Kamaz. I´d rather have more new stuff than yet more old stuff, to be honest.

If you're on about the F-35 it's only began OCU/Test Evaluation at least here in the UK so it'd be a mid-era unit for arma.

EDIT: @Neo - Not like that, I meant as in, BIS can't possibly conform to everyone's needs so it has to make some sort of compromise along the lines somewhere. I am very grateful for your work and do also acknowledge there have been many improvements that the community has requested.

Originally Posted by neokika

How about: shooting from the vehicles or the side of the MH-x ?

Or fastrope?

It IS possible in ArmA 2 (thanks to Dyslexci and norrin) and a lot of people would like to see both.

Will it be integrated to the game? Or are they definitely out?

Another thing: in CWC, a lot of people enjoyed playing various roles and not being always the leader.

Have you taken that into account in ArmA 3 campaign too?

Originally Posted by neokika

Or fastrope?

It IS possible in ArmA 2 (thanks to Dyslexci and norrin) and a lot of people would like to see both.

Another thing: in CWC, a lot of people enjoyed playing various roles and not being always the leader.

To answer the latter part for you, Wiki, I read an interview with PCGamer about the campaign and how that was exactly part of something they'd taken into account. I'll try dig out the url later.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/06/arma-3-interview-bohemia-explains-the-arma-3-campaign/ <-- aha!

I can't remember where, but I think they stated or at least hinted that we would be playing various roles throughout the campaign.

Edit: Shit, you beat me to it Comp_uter15776, I should have refreshed the page... :(

lol

Thanks for the answer guys.

Now, what about the first part of my post?

I'd like a BIS dev. could answer to me.

lol

Thanks for the answer guys.

Now, what about the first part of my post?

I'd like a BIS dev. could answer to me.

I'd like to know those kind of stuff aswell, but im guessing they will save that kind of questions for upcoming livestream or in next weeks SITREP.

Or fastrope?

Those are things I still would like to have, personally.

Our scripting language allows for many creative and amazing things to be created, and the community always proved that, but such systems cannot be simply scripted if we want to have something actually usable in the long term.

Or fastrope?

Both solutions from Dyslexci and norrin were tech demos at best. So many bugs and completely obscure controls that there's no way a port of those features would make it into ArmA3 as is. Make them easier to use and less buggy and they'd be great, I'd absolutely love such features, but as is, no way. :)

the project was indeed going in a very different direction to being with; in many ways, it was quite experimental.

Would be nice to hear some dirty secrets details on original A3 design and all the experimental herecy.

Thanks for the answer neo.

@kylania: I used ADuke helos in which fastrope WAS DIRECTLY INTEGRATED, and I never suffered any bug.

To me it was a very decent feature, not a tech demo :)