Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

@ DarkSideSixOfficial: In a way it'd be cool if the EC155 were in as a Civilian-exclusive... plus (I don't know if you were thinking of this) they have retractable landing gear, unlike the EC135.

It's one of the steam trade cards pictures.

It's something you can do in game already, there's nothing special about it.

Hover over water slow and low enough and you'll have the option to get out.

Oh, now I see it. It looked like they where fastroping out of the helicopter with the new ropes, but maybe I only saw it so because I wanted to see it.

Mhmm, and another hope gets destroyed..

Oh, now I see it. It looked like they where fastroping out of the helicopter with the new ropes, but maybe I only saw it so because I wanted to see it.

Mhmm, and another hope gets destroyed..

To jump into the water you don't need fast-rope, unless you jump into a ship / submarine.

In any case, they haven't said anything about fast-rope, and with the addition of interactive ropes... It would seem the logical step.

BIS said no fastrope ATM :mad:

Only sling ropes and firing from vehicles....

Wiki I see a lot of rage in your last posts but I understand you 100%.

However I have to say that this is a small progress after all.

I wouldn't rule out fast ropes personally, why? Because look at it this way. They said their main focus is on sling loading, and shooting from vehicles. But the rope exists. The rope is a physical thing. What does that mean? That it can easily either be officially added in by the Devs later in time, or by our own community, and it doesn't even have to be a full mod, but a script. That means it can be included in any official server like Sa-Matra, or your typical Annex, Domination servers. So completely ruling out fast ropes... nah, it'll come. Where there is a will, there is a way.

One of the helicopters for the DLC is a future-chinook, a new stealth model...

source?

source?

They showed us a picture of it in the livestream which has just ended.

The picture showed a soldier exiting the chinook from the back, with the ramp down.

The model itself looks very well made, but I would still prefer a helicopter that actually exists today.

But it is their game and their setting, I cannot wait to fly this thing. I am sure there will be firing from vehicles on the ramp!

Now I wonder if again the right passenger side will be filled up first before someone gets to sit on the left.....

The model itself looks very well made, but I would still prefer a helicopter that actually exists today.

But it is their game and their setting, I cannot wait to fly this thing. I am sure there will be firing from vehicles on the ramp!

Cough, i second this. While the stealth additions are nice... Stealth is actually counter productive on a helicopter such as this, when tech could be more usefully utilized. But, as you said, the Armaverse. One more chopper to go guys.

It has been "stealthed" like the other NATO air assets (but the little birds):

Blackhawk --> Ghosthawk

A-10 --> A-164

It's nice to see it, but it was somehow expected that the NATO cargo chopper would be an enhanced/improve CH-47; I mean it was logical.

I was speaking about the ability for the enemy to lock it.

A164 has nothing stealthy in the game.

BIS said no fastrope ATM :mad:

Only sling ropes and firing from vehicles....

... so exactly what they've been saying for months now.
Lemme quote RobertHammer...
I was expecting the Ghost Chinook - by the rumors that there exist a real "Stealth" Chinook
Specifically, there are rumors that the Abbottabad raid included at least one such Chinook that was augmented like the "stealth" Blackhawks. Considering that the Ghosthawk's presence in-game is almost certainly derived from said raid reports, I wouldn't be surprised if the devs picked this design for the same reason.

It is said that at least one of the upcoming helicopters had retractable wheels. This means that the 2nd chopper should have that feature since the future chinook doesn't

It is said that at least one of the upcoming helicopters had retractable wheels. This means that the 2nd chopper should have that feature since the future chinook doesn't

It's actually possible that the stealth chinook does have retractable wheels, the black hawk's wheels are fixed but the ghosthawk has retractable wheels. Either way I think that it's a good (if fairly predictable choice).

Its possible this "stealth" Chinook has retractable landing gear, being as the Ghosthawk has retractable landing gear, its only reasonable to assume the same upgrade would be applied here. But until we get a better look we're all still just guessing here.

Concerning the Hawks, what do you prefer?

UH-80 'Ghosthawk' from ArmA 3?

Or the 'Ghosthawk' from the movie 'Zero Dark Thirty'?

zdt_featured.jpg?8ccd0d