Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Ropes won't be PhysX ropes, there's an official tweet somewhere stating that. I wonder why they're rolling their own solution for it.

Edit: Found it.

Is that a joke? Like what the flop... Will they rather use static ropes with awkward animations like most of the mods right now do?

Hell even their helicopter game has proper rope movements/physics

Is that a joke? Like what the flop... Will they rather use static ropes with awkward animations like most of the mods right now do?

Hell even their helicopter game has proper rope movements/physics

Jaska look at my links of showing the TKOH sling rope - you will notice that their ropes arent that bad

and that ain't physx rope

Jaska look at my links of showing the TKOH sling rope - you will notice that their ropes arent that bad

Shooting from Helicopters is a go, shooting from other vehicles is also a go. They are probably not going to have shooting from the shotgun seat as most would call it, but rather any vehicle with a back or flat-bed kinda thing is probably going to be an ideal spot on ground based shooting from vehicles, as would sitting on the side of a chopper would be, and not shooting out from the middle seats. As for Ropes, i reckon that, "fast ropes are not a priority atm", is more along the lines of, probably wont be in the initial release until Shooting from vehicles and sling loading is polished enough, before they would probably start looking at adding fast roping. That being said, there's around a 30% chance we will get fast roping.

I think only the littlebird and the offroad have been confirmed so far, not 100% sure tho...
Those were declared to be what they were testing the functionality with. Based on what was previously described about "specially configured cargo positions", it'll probably be a matter of new vehicle config parameters, maybe something in the model to enforce line of sight/fire so that someone can't just make every passenger seat able to fire their personal weapons.
Well in Physx technology its exactly the opposite but that must be GPU based but in arma 3 its only CPU based so yeah
I guess because otherwise AMD GPUs would be left out... figures.

I guess because otherwise AMD GPUs would be left out... figures.

Doesn't PhysX physics run on the CPU, the eyecandy, as in fluids, particles and so on, run on GPU and Nvidia GPUs only (not counting 3rd party hacks).

They're bad and i know that it isn't physx but atleast it looks and works good

Shooting from vehicles and sling loading is polished enough, before they would probably start looking at adding fast roping.

It has to be polished from the start, i don't want to wait updates and updates to see a properly working function

I doubt that they will feature "lean" function while in venichles..

They're bad and i know that it isn't physx but atleast it looks and works good

It has to be polished from the start, i don't want to wait updates and updates to see a properly working function

I doubt that they will feature "lean" function while in venichles..

I mean, why would they hire a guy to work on RopeX (correct me if im wrong), and then use the old way to do it, unless like others were saying it deals with too much GPU/CPU usage, and could vastly effect performance.

Also, leaning is probably not going to be a thing in vehicles, as when you lean, others can't see you leaning, which wouldn't look too good if someone was leaning and shooting... and the bullets were coming from a different location then the rifle due to that person leaning... wouldn't look good at all.

They said they won't do it with physx on some tweet

And by leaning i meant by leaning low from shots aka getting your head down. I will make a short showcase of how it would look later to clarify

Hopefully they will implement it in a way that mods can easily use it.

Hey imagine how awesome it will be if we can shoot out of gunports on APCs. That would be really awesome.

Hopefully they will implement it in a way that mods can easily use it.

Hey imagine how awesome it will be if we can shoot out of gunports on APCs. That would be really awesome.

That shouldn't be that difficult, just give a camera like the gunner of an APC, and remove ammo from the inventory.

And would give a lot more immersion and make the armor more frightening.

IMHO, shooting from vehicles will only available from MH-9, as it come with the Helicopter DLC.

Don't expect anything else.

IMHO, shooting from vehicles will only available from MH-9, as it come with the Helicopter DLC.

Don't expect anything else.

They already said it will apply to all vehicles (when possible), didn't they?

Dunno, haven't read anything saying this.

They already mentioned that they were already using the (unarmed) offroad as another testing platform, not just the MH-9.

If this FfV feature is applied to vehicles other than helos or cars,

I'm really looking forward to see deadly zodiacs in amphibious assault.

Passengers in these boats are literally defenseless despite their stance for a long time.

Edited by YellO

I really looking forward to see deadly zodiacs in amphibious assault.

Passengers in these boats are literally defenseless despite their stance for a long time.

Boats are epic since many years in Arma^^, i think i have spent more time with the 1st view on the ass of my soldier who are sitting in the front of me than i had fire on ennemy... :yay:

I really looking forward to see deadly zodiacs in amphibious assault.

Boats seem like a very logical place to implement this feature, and their cargo (passenger) seats are functionally no different than those on other vehicles. So there's no reason why this shouldn't happen. :)

Boats seem like a very logical place to implement this feature, and their cargo (passenger) seats are functionally no different than those on other vehicles. So there's no reason why this shouldn't happen. :)

In addition, it could be easily to include the CTRL+UP OR DOWN stance in the cargo stances for the anims and not static soldier who are only on fire or waiting mod...

Indeed. Specially now that A3 is supposed to be more maritime ( submarines and divers ), more boating options would be awesome.

Just to imagine the Zodiac with the rifles working disembarking in a beach! Or in the patrol boat. Being able to shoot at helos if they approach...

When the new Rotorlib helo functions will be released what is going to happen to helos not using them?

As in, A3 compatible helos using simulation and data available now in the samples?

Are we going to need to fix them immediately or they will still work regularly?

When the new Rotorlib helo functions will be released what is going to happen to helos not using them?

As in, A3 compatible helos using simulation and data available now in the samples?

Are we going to need to fix them immediately or they will still work regularly?

The Rotor Lib Flight Model is Optional. Therefore, the helicopters will be able to either fly with the new more realistic flight model, or fly with the old and possibly enhanced one.

The Rotor Lib Flight Model is Optional. Therefore, the helicopters will be able to either fly with the new more realistic flight model, or fly with the old and possibly enhanced one.

Could you explain what the model exactly do? Also why would they segregate community even more by having 2 models?