Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

yes ok! but if you sell something, even something you must to show to customer....... at least an image

In fact no.

Some people sell things that not even exist, and some people buy it. It's the customer who has to decide what to buy.

In the past people have bought a piece of the Eiffel Tower or a piece of Heaven.

It could be nice if BIS could release some more informations about the helicopters DLC, such as a teaser or pictures.

I'd rather them put every effort into finishing the features that are already in game rather that create more features/content that will possibly be in the same state.

In fact no.

Some people sell things that not even exist, and some people buy it. It's the customer who has to decide what to buy.

In the past people have bought a piece of the Eiffel Tower or a piece of Heaven.

Even today people still buy off the wall stupid things, but last time I checked BIS isn't trying to peddle holy water, salvation or genuine angel poop! It's trying to sell a game and it's DLC, and while they've probably already had thousands of pre orders from the BI faithful, think about how many more are holding out because they want to know what they're buying. Take myself for example, I know that the DLC will include 2 brand new transport helicopters...and that's about it. While the flight model, sling loading and firing from vehicles have been announced, bare in mind we get these as "free'LC". Because as BIS stressed in the initial announcement, features free, content paid for. So yeah some more information, even just a few screens of the new birds would go a long way towards swaying myself and other like minded people to pre order.

In fact no.

That is also a scam, and people who sell this stuff could be charged and sent to jail in a normal country.

I don't expect BIS to be as efficient as rockstar (who would?) but when the game first got out in alpha and then beta the premise was clear, they would've added *all* the vehicles and weapons as development went by, for free.

Now we end up having to pay for a DLC with content that should have been in the original game in the first place.

Evidently BIS is catching up to the latest market strategies of bigger firms like EA or whoever makes COD now, getting only the bad aspects out of it.

So yeah some more information, even just a few screens of the new birds would go a long way towards swaying myself and other like minded people to pre order.

I was just pointing out that BI don't have to do it. Obviously it would be nice.

Personally it doesn't affect me, because I bought the DLC bundle long ago. Although my reason was that after playing more than 1000 hours in Arma 3, I think it's fair to support them with an extra 20€ ( I paid 24€ for the A3 Beta ). So basically in A3 I have expend 44€ and enjoyed more than 1000 hours. Which probably makes it the most cost-efficient game I've ever played in my life.

Evidently BIS is catching up to the latest market strategies of bigger firms like EA or whoever makes COD now, getting only the bad aspects out of it.

I don't agree. IMO BI strategies are galaxies far away from EA and CoD. I'm a player of BF4 and my wife is a Sims addict, so I know what I talk about ( I spent more than 500€ in the Sims 3 games for my wife and I'm sure she played less than 1000 hours ).

I was just pointing out that BI don't have to do it. Obviously it would be nice.

infact is just a matter of faith, i will buy surely all DLCs (i bought kart) but i'm waiting some screenshots/videos

I don't agree. IMO BI strategies are galaxies far away from EA and CoD. I'm a player of BF4 and my wife is a Sims addict, so I know what I talk about ( I spent more than 500€ in the Sims 3 games for my wife and I'm sure she played less than 1000 hours ).

No they really aren't and the fact that you spent so much money on them and you also bought the full A3 bundle proves only that i'm right, if anything. ;)

@ Chairborne: Somehow I suspect that BI would have tried it earlier if they had thought that they could have gotten away with it earlier... maybe their internal surveying and 'metrics' indicate that now's finally the time?

The funny-sad thing is that COD and Battlefield are usually way more transparent about their DLCs ("maps, some extra guns*, new achievements/unlocks, some co-op stuff") than BI has been about the Arma 3 DLCs, and because those games don't have (official) expansions their season passes cover everything for the corresponding game... even though the Arma 3 expansion won't be a standalone.

* In those you can't spawn with or customize without the DLC, but -- ironically unlike Arma 3 -- battlefield pickups work normally.

It's not like i didn't write it lol.

When can we expect any new information or picture about the DLC???

I may be dumb, but I don't get the idea of pre-ordering the DLC. Our DLC strategy lets the players try the new vehicles in full quality and they may freely decide any time during trying them to buy them. I feel like this is better approach than any promises that may be twisted into whole different way (as seen even here) :icon_twisted:

I may be dumb, but I don't get the idea of pre-ordering the DLC. Our DLC strategy lets the players try the new vehicles in full quality and they may freely decide any time during trying them to buy them. I feel like this is better approach than any promises that may be twisted into whole different way (as seen even here) :icon_twisted:

I may be dumb, but in that case, I don't get the idea of offering people the possibility to pre-order the DLC.

I may be dumb, but in that case, I don't get the idea of offering people the possibility to pre-order the DLC.

If you are a company, you would be stupid not to offer such an option. And if people buy stuff without testing, their fault, not the company's. Especially when BI clearly stated how the system works: so people should make the informed decision to buy before testing. And if they didn't inform themselves, again, their problem.

So I don't understand the chiding.

Pettka the problem is not the dlc strategy, but what kind of helicopters (at least ) I purchase?

for me 20 euros is not a problem but would be great some more specific informations ;)

Pettka the problem is not the dlc strategy, but what kind of helicopters (at least ) I purchase?

for me 20 euros is not a problem but would be great some more specific informations ;)

I imagine BI saying "here guys,take some choppers,figure them out yourselves".:biggrin:

BTW has release schedule changed?

Cause for something incoming in a few weeks, still no information is... strange.

If you are a company, you would be stupid not to offer such an option. And if people buy stuff without testing, their fault, not the company's. Especially when BI clearly stated how the system works: so people should make the informed decision to buy before testing. And if they didn't inform themselves, again, their problem.

So I don't understand the chiding.

Kinda hard to inform yourself when the information has not been made available. As the DLC is available for pre order there is no reason, especially being as the release date for helicopters DLC was stated to be sometime in September, not to have full disclosure of content of the DLC at this time. Has work fallen so far behind on the content that they don't have anything to show yet, are they worried that if they show the helicopters that the forums will explode with people bashing them? If not then why is it asking too much for some screens or other information?

Edited by Odie0351

So, still no combat/attack helicopter for the AAF? Only transport helicopters in that DLC?

The only possible

"informed decision"
we can make, is wait for some moderately reputable person to buy it, then watch a youtube review they made of it or something,

Like for instance, someone like Swissmaverick or something like that

@ Wiki: AAF lacks an attack helicopter in the sense of the Blackfoot and Kajman, but its Hellcat serves the armed transport role, combining the Pawnee's weapons (M134 Minigun w/ 5000 rounds of 7.62 mm and DAR w/ 24 rockets) with counter-measures, passenger seating, and a PiP-compatible FLIR turret for the co-pilot. (The closest vanilla game analogue would be the Orca, which has only 2000 rounds of 6.5 mm and twelve rockets, although the latter are guided/Tab-lock capable.)

Note the Mohawk remains the vanilla game's only helicopter airframe with no armed variant, although it's also the only such airframe able to transport more than eight passengers.

No they really aren't and the fact that you spent so much money on them and you also bought the full A3 bundle proves only that i'm right, if anything. ;)

You didn't get my point.

My decision to buy the DLC bundle was because I think that BI deserve it already for the entertainment Arma 3 has given to me to this moment. To make it clear I think BI deserved it without the DLCs. As I told you, to me 44€ for more than 1000 hours of entertaining it's way worth it ( I enjoy it way more than a meal in a restaurant than it can be way more expensive ).

I would never buy anything that I don't know about it. And as pettka said, with BI you have the option to try it before, in fact you even get the features for free; the only thing you pay if you want is a bit of extra content.

The problem here is impatience, if you have few money keep it, try the DLC when it's release and if you think the extra content is worth it, buy it, if not keep the money.

For what I could understand in the last streaming, I think they are gonna delay the DLC until they fix the MP stuff. They said that sometime in the next weeks they would announce the DLC release date.

But again, they are still gonna be working on the MP issues, then they will release the sling load in the dev-branch, after that they will release the firing from vehicles in the dev, and finally they will release the DLC.

So basically, if it's gonna be released in september, it will be at the end, and if not in october or so.

My bet is november for the helicopter DLC and april for the marksman one

Bohemia Interactive haven't really released all the information about the DLC, plus it isn't even out yet. We don't actually know how many or what type of helicopters there will be aside from at least 2 Transport helicopters and that some will have retractable landing gear. Plus you get a new FM, firing from vehicles, and sling loading. So I wouldn't be complaining that the DLC is too expensive when you haven't even seen what is in it.

That's like saying a box of stuff is too expensive when you can only see a few (awesome) objects through a small opening.