Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Arma 3 FB status::

... "The scale of the map truly cannot be comprehended from the screenshots... it is HUGE, vastly beyond anything seen previously. Last, but certainly not least, we are committed to delivering you a slick and rock-solid multiplayer experience."

What'is that? I mean that building/object?

I thinks it's weather radar, at least it looks similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Doppler_Weather_Radar_-_NOAA.jpg

EDIT: It is set 20-30 years in the future though so it could be anything... It does look like some kind of radar though, or maybe a biodome for breeding aliens.:eek:

Edited by Clarkey1

Arma 3 FB status::[....]we are committed to delivering you a slick and rock-solid multiplayer experience.

Can't wait to see how this turns out in the end. A Pic is a pic and that BIS can render outdoor pretty aesthetic is a well known and proven fact. But those animation flaws (especially in mp) bug me for more than a decade now. So I'm really looking forward to get my hands on all these 'improvements' finally ;)

And when it comes to collision detection for player instances don't be to accurate indoors. There is so many situations where it makes me want to tear my hair out, i.E my avatar can't move and get stuck on the wall because the model collides with it let's say in a narrow building, whereas in real life I would move my arm and body to get around those friggin' obstacles.

However, take your time BI! It's better to be a bit late but polished, than fast and buggy...:cool:

I thinks it's weather radar, at least it looks similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Doppler_Weather_Radar_-_NOAA.jpg

EDIT: It is set 20-30 years in the future though so it could be anything... It does look like some kind of radar though, or maybe a biodome for breeding aliens.:eek:

It should be one kind of Ballistic Missile Early Warning Radar (BMEW) for military utility.

It could be something like Echelon.

A secret intercept station for ECHELON hidden on Limnos. This would be awesome.

I think it is indeed very likely it's a SIGINT system. See this old NSA SIGINT radar dome as comparison.

The equipment and order of battle of the Iranian troops is reportedly compliant with the common Resource Zone Protection Force structure, including the enhanced defensive, ELINT and SIGINT capabilities.

Actually we are. Since the community pays for the game development in the first place basically.

But one thing is demanding f.e. improvements to AI, bugless release, good SP campaign for once etc. Another is having a drama over insignificant things.

Actually we're not. In the FIRST place it is the publisher or in this case BIS themselves paying for the development. Only with the hope that later that money can be reacquired through sales. This may or may not be the case.

This building could be also one part of Biosphere 3 or Biosphere X project. Why should be everything related to military surveillance, spying or millitary R&D? :smile_o:

Transmission intercepted! ... Decoding in progress! ... stand-by ...

Dwarden wants us to stand by.... It's comingggg.... Soon

Community alpha AND beta.... VERY good ideas BIS. Finally you guys have seen the light. Let all us arma junkies bug test the game for you so come time for "gold" release it's all nice and polished for the press!

"This process starts with the release of a playable build of Arma 3. " <--- :yay::yay::yay: Finally a good beta testing program!!