Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

That's what I thought as well but which weapon has that kind of tip? Maybe it's part of the gas-operated reloading mechanism?

Changing LOD maybe? Doesn´t looks like a hook to me =\

Thats a weapon - the guy on the hill has the same gun ,but it doesnt look like Tavor to me

Edited by RobertHammer

can you see it here? :D

It clearly looks like one of the spikes is not connected to the rest at its tip but it is really hard to say something about it.

It's either OPFOR's DMR (although I do not recognize the barrel and piston layout) or some kind of weapon that does not make use of bullets.

to people complaining against the setting, are you forgetting this is Arma? and we can mod the game?

fiver bets there will be a mod that ports arma2 units for a modern day setting within the first few weeks

*preparing to shake haters hand(s)*

to people complaining against the setting, are you forgetting this is Arma? and we can mod the game?

fiver bets there will be a mod that ports arma2 units for a modern day setting within the first few weeks

To late man, now we are trying to figuer out what the OPFOR soliders are holding in their hands.

I think it's a kinetic energy weapon :D

It will be ACE and hopefully something like CAA2. In fact I hope it will be so.

ArmA3 would instantly turn into one massive content pack spanning across 90s,00s and into the near future.

I think it's a kinetic energy weapon

with lazors!

hmm I thought i had it... ^^ Remember this weapon? (KAC LMG) Now imagine it with those front ironsights flipped over. (if the guy uses another optic)

But well, that's sadly not the case... :(

you can see it ingame (with the ironsight as they are)

Or maybe you can indeed flip them over. Who knows? :D

Hello.

I don't want to read through the whole thread as it's to long, but I think this sci-fi stuff is not ArmA. BIS give what we the community want. We, the community, want present day tech not some future junk like that.

Please BIS, don't take creative freedom with your intelectual property and go the Future Solider way. Don't think outside the box to create new game modes or new vehicles. Invest all the energy in making 100% authentic game asests.

WE the community implor you to rethink your strategy!

[/joke]

Wow, I didn't see that /joke before I hit reply and you got me riled. It should've been /sarcasm. :)

Seriously though, no matter what decision BIS makes there's some sort of mob created in here and going of the hinges - telling the creators it's not in the spirit of their previous creation. God bless the contributors at the addons, mods and mission forums (and their moderators) because all I see in these general forums are 100 threads of endless bickering per positive one and it's the main reason I don't bother visiting here more than every 2-3 weeks. (Not really a loss, since I don't contribute but it doesn't help the community all that much either.)

Are you sure it's not the IMI Galil?

Galil.jpg

There have been other screenshots of Iran soldiers using Israeli weapons. For example, in this screenshot, the Iran soldier is using an IMI Tavor TAR-21.

jq3hbq.jpg

Edited by Nicholas

Definitely not a Galil. If you look going with the orientation the gun is facing which is down, on the left of the barrel there is a flip up sight that's folded down, and on the right is the gasblock and gas tube. The KAC LMG seems like the more likely choice, though how Iran would have ended up with them is probably a bigger head scratcher than the Israeli weapons.

Top right corner of what, the image of the Famas variants, or the image of the Iranian soldiers standing around a mine entrance? Either way, no Iranian is carrying a famas.

I like the near-future setting but it is not the fanbase's job to fix the game for BIS. A product should be able to stand alone.

My opinion: We are not in the position to demand anything....

Actually we are. Since the community pays for the game development in the first place basically.

But one thing is demanding f.e. improvements to AI, bugless release, good SP campaign for once etc. Another is having a drama over insignificant things.

I like the near-future setting but it is not the fanbase's job to fix the game for BIS. A product should be able to stand alone.

Fix the game how? By adding said m4's and ak's? That's not a fix if their absence was intentional.

And the product WILL stand alone, with OR without M4's and AK's. BIS does NOT have to cater to your, or anyone's wishes. They could make a HALO if they wish, or they could make a game about the French Revolution. It's their prerogative. And, when all this technology IS being used, what are you going to do? Complain that it's not realistic? Complain that it's too "sci-fi" for you? When we DO have newer, better weapons, are you going to complain that nations downgrade just because you don't like it? The fact that you are able to even buy BIS's game is a privilege. It's not a right that you were born to. You haven't earned any right to buy their game (yes, it's THEIR game). And at any point, you can choose to stick with ArmA 2. I am all for hoping they include all their old weapons in the game (because it's not like those weapons are just going to disappear). But they should not change the setting or technology of their game just because some people don't like change. The world changes. Technology changes. It gets better over time. Deal with it. It's the way the world works.

...or they could make a game about the French Revolution....

Oh yes :p But i also agree with the rest of your post.

Edited by ProfTournesol

The world changes. Technology changes. It gets better over time. Deal with it. It's the way the world works.

Especially true during a world war.

Just see the jump in Weapon tech during the second world war.

I hope they continue retracing the project, arma2 has great potential for a long time...

Especially true during a world war.

Just see the jump in Weapon tech during the second world war.

Or the First World War for that matter. The economic crisis of the interbellum was funnily enough also a breeding ground for technological advancements.

And the product WILL stand alone, with OR without M4's and AK's. BIS does NOT have to cater to your, or anyone's wishes. They could make a HALO if they wish, or they could make a game about the French Revolution. It's their prerogative. And, when all this technology IS being used, what are you going to do? Complain that it's not realistic? Complain that it's too "sci-fi" for you? When we DO have newer, better weapons, are you going to complain that nations downgrade just because you don't like it? The fact that you are able to even buy BIS's game is a privilege. It's not a right that you were born to. You haven't earned any right to buy their game (yes, it's THEIR game). And at any point, you can choose to stick with ArmA 2. I am all for hoping they include all their old weapons in the game (because it's not like those weapons are just going to disappear). But they should not change the setting or technology of their game just because some people don't like change. The world changes. Technology changes. It gets better over time. Deal with it. It's the way the world works.

Might have wanted to read my post before going off on one:

"I like the near-future setting but it is not the fanbase's job to fix the game for BIS. A product should be able to stand alone."

I was explaining why the counter-argument of "it doesn't matter if you don't like something because mods will fix it" was meritless. Nice job tearing apart that strawman, sychophant.

can you see it here? :D

It clearly looks like one of the spikes is not connected to the rest at its tip but it is really hard to say something about it.

Neptun's trident? :)