Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

You guys let BIS do what they want, you're taking them for granted....

They could start developing a Kinect game next for all you know and abandon Arma forever.

We will have a more versatile engine to work with, modders will surely add the content you enjoy already in Arma 2 soon after release don't know why everyone is hating the near future direction.

You guys let BIS do what they want, you're taking them for granted....

They could start developing a Kinect game next for all you know and abandon Arma forever.

We will have a more versatile engine to work with, modders will surely add the content you enjoy already in Arma 2 soon after release don't know why everyone is hating the near future direction.

It's the idea that being near future makes ArmA like some other near future or future game. Typical super-fanboys fearful of anything that isn't status quo. The fact of the matter is that it'll basically be stuff that's already being used now. It won't be HALO or even GRAW (well, maybe the Iranians have some sort of cross-com thing, but whatever). Unmanned stuff is already being used now. Not sure what the railgun thing is, but it's not going to be like some Star Wars Death Star beam or anything crazy like that. Near future basically means all of the new technology that is JUST coming out now, just in full/widespread use.

OK but tell me more about that SciFi unit, do we know is it OPFOR or BLUFOR?

I can't find any screen shoot about it ;)

OK but tell me more about that SciFi unit, do we know is it OPFOR or BLUFOR?

I can't find any screen shoot about it ;)

100% it is BLUFOR unit ,because it has same colour as Merkava and no digi camo on it

Basicly you will control it like UAV but this is ground unmanned combat vehicle so you can scan area etc

Edited by RobertHammer

I wonder if we can control the unmanned vehicles from a remote cockpit, or perhaps control a number of unmanned vehicles simultaneously so we can view the battlefield from multiple angles.

I wonder if we can control the unmanned vehicles from a remote cockpit, or perhaps control a number of unmanned vehicles simultaneously so we can view the battlefield from multiple angles.

It probably won't be much different than the current UAV system probably with a terminal of some sort. I like the idea of UGV's in the the game allowing for scouts to move ahead of convoy groups in particular, scouting ahead, taking care of any potential threats to the live convoy a little ways behind. Of course what you describe is also nice as well as in conjunction with UAV's from the air. Multiple views of an area with very limited risk to the players themselves.

And if people don't want to use them, they don't have to.

in real life we already have bullets which fly to laser designed target (sniper rifle calibers)

in real life we already have optical, thermal camouflage (by reading what's around,behind and projecting it on surface)

in real life we already bend light (even better optical camouflage) utilizing nano-fiber tech

recently researchers even figured out how camouflage from microwaves ...

in real life we have autonomous UAV capable fly days (in fact some weeks like that orbital X-37B)

in real life we have UAV style helium airships capable stay a drift over battle-space for days to months

in real life we have air-burst ammunition ranging from shoulder fired to rocket artillery grenade capable to be set explode with precision of meters, in altitude you want and blast radius you want

in real life we have vision sensors&displays combining TI/NV/UV and normal light.... with variety of post processing filters :)

shall i continue? ;)

in real life we already have bullets which fly to laser designed target (sniper rifle calibers)

in real life we already have optical, thermal camouflage (by reading what's around,behind and projecting it on surface)

in real life we already bend light (even better optical camouflage) utilizing nano-fiber tech

recently researchers even figured out how camouflage from microwaves ...

in real life we have autonomous UAV capable fly days (in fact some weeks like that orbital X-37B)

in real life we have UAV style helium airships capable stay a drift over battle-space for days to months

in real life we have air-burst ammunition ranging from shoulder fired to rocket artillery grenade capable to be set explode with precision of meters, in altitude you want and blast radius you want

in real life we have vision sensors&displays combining TI/NV/UV and normal light.... with variety of post processing filters :)

shall i continue? ;)

roflbot-zjmh.jpg

Nothing you made in-game make sense! Drop it! Gibbe AK and M16, ploss! NAO!

EDIT: Not serious.

Edited by Smurf

Dwarden sure go on and pics showing the stuff which is or is confirmed to be fielded please!! No ads/PR from prototypes or demonstrators and similar future weapon dreams! :cool:

OMG :D bread helmet! I understand that if I cover this bread with butter it'll protect me against microwaves ;)

Dwarden sure go on and pics showing the stuff which is or is confirmed to be fielded please!! No ads/PR from prototypes or demonstrators and similar future weapon dreams! :cool:

who cares it's fielded or not (airbust grenate launcher http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM25_CDTE was already preliminary fielded for extended testing in actual fights)

the point is that it was done, can be done and will be done sooner or later if it's not already ...

@All Guys ... calm down! I think the devs know what to do. In 2011 gamestar.de published an article about ArmA 3

and they said that the future setting is amazing. They also said that the people at BIS need this new freedom for personal fulfilment

to keep the high level of quality.... and not getting bored doing the same stuff over and over again!!

Edited by CriminalMinds

shall i continue? ;)

Yes please, it a good list to pass to the dev dept.

/* lolmode off.

Jeez, it is amusing how anti modern warfare some people on this forum are. Most of the "futuristic" stuff we will get in Arma3 is old hat by DARPA standards. Kind of odd that a UAV ( which has been around for freekin' ages) is considered so much more futuristic because it has wheels.... Ah yes the wheel, that is pretty cutting edge all right.. I hear Iran has some scientists working on them.

Honestly, right now I like to think of this game as a PROPER Ghost Recon:Future Soldier if you will (Just lacking any good CQB:() but yeah, then I think you'll like it more, Arma cannot have the same old "expected" content/feel all the time... (I just hope for Arma 5 at least they go back to TOTAL Realism for all the vanilla weapons/gear:)) so for now just give the devs some creative space! I don't want them to lose their passion after developing M_-AK_ for the 4th or 5th time in a row now. Community members always end up making their own versions anyways! Besides, I'm sure you can make missions without UGV's and Railgun tanks yourself in the new glorious editior ;). So just use what you want (that 75% for some) and have fun!

I'm propably saying the obvious but I think BIS had to go for future settings, ( which i didnt like very much in the beginning ) to get us some more tacticool stuff and our approaches to it; and I welcome that actually.As other have said, as long as we get to use most of the content we have atm I think everybodys happy.I mean who wouldnt like to get to operate some high tech really? Can't wait

Hello.

I don't want to read through the whole thread as it's to long, but I think this sci-fi stuff is not ArmA. BIS give what we the community want. We, the community, want present day tech not some future junk like that.

Please BIS, don't take creative freedom with your intelectual property and go the Future Solider way. Don't think outside the box to create new game modes or new vehicles. Invest all the energy in making 100% authentic game asests.

WE the community implor you to rethink your strategy!

[/joke]

Hello.

I don't want to read through the whole thread as it's to long, but I think this sci-fi stuff is not ArmA. BIS give what we the community want. We, the community, want present day tech not some future junk like that.

Please BIS, don't take creative freedom with your intelectual property and go the Future Solider way. Don't think outside the box to create new game modes or new vehicles. Invest all the energy in making 100% authentic game asests.

[/joke]

Take a look at my signature.

"Regarding the people telling you vocally what you should and should not do, well, you can do the same that has proven extremely healthy to us during development: Dogs bark but the caravan goes on." - Suma

Nicholas read maionaze' post again.

Hello.

[/joke]<----greyed out

My opinion: We are not in the position to demand anything....

Edited by CriminalMinds

Remember: the Arma Battlebus caravan will carry on regardless of the time and setting! :D

But besides the setting, I have actually found something interesting in one of the screens. Take a look here:

unbenannt2ikr01.jpg

This object is certainly not part of the standart equipment and the angle and lenght of the spikes looks odd if it was a grappling hook.

What could that be?

To me it looks like a rifle barrel from a gun that he's holding in his right hand.

Isn´t that just the tip of the rifle hes holding?