Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Terrain interference can be turned off via:

[0] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale;

We (ST) have had it off for a bit now, but not because of it causing gameplay issues - rather, we have it off so that we have 100% certainty in identifying ACRE bugs with people cutting out, not hearing other people, etc. Once we're confident that there are no remaining bugs of that nature, we're likely to turn the loss model back on.

Terrain interference can be turned off via:

[0] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale;

We (ST) have had it off for a bit now, but not because of it causing gameplay issues - rather, we have it off so that we have 100% certainty in identifying ACRE bugs with people cutting out, not hearing other people, etc. Once we're confident that there are no remaining bugs of that nature, we're likely to turn the loss model back on.

ok sweet - so you just add that to a trigger then so it executes for all?

Hello, wasn't in one of last updates lowered volume of radio? Now we can't nearly hear each other in combat :(

On 1.3.12 I have people's sound come in from weird angles. Range seems OK, but if I face them I might only hear them from 2 o'clock and so on.

What formalities do you want included in a report?

May I ask if there are any plans to implement some kind of whispering/shouting feature? Right now you can hear a person a bit too far, that makes pvp experience a bit awkward and it is not possible to sneak to enemy quietly while speaking.

MessiahUA goto TuTs3 :D!!!

Nou! Please! change 'Squawk' SOUNDS!!!

Hello,

yesterday we tested the new acre 1.3.12.459 and hat some issues.

Radio was functioning very well but the directional speaking was somehow bugged: It sounded like the speech was not 3D (positional) and could be heared over the whole island.

Is that known?

Did you use a 5.1 Headset? If yes, you should witch to stereo. Sad but true....

I noticed something else. If you have mapped a key to mute your micro in TS (mine is <)

then you won´t be able to use radios after pressing that key.

Know anyone how to rise volume of radios? (Somewhere in configs) Because in fights I can't hear radio, however I have volume set on 10 already.

IIRC volume ingame also tweaks stuff outside but dont remember for sure... Hence lowering it might not help.

Perhaps with Vista/7's audio mixer you could lower the arma volume while keeping the main/TS volume higher?

Hi after waiting for months for this mod to reach maturiy, I've taken the plunge.

I've managed to install it correctly (I think) on my client.

The next step is to get my clan to install it and test in a MP environment.

However I have 2 questions:

- Can the TS3 server run on a seperate machine to the OA server?

- Also, does the TS3 plugin only have to be installed on clients? Or does the server also require it?

The connection between TS and ACRE is made at the clients' side, so there are no server-side requirements. This also means the TS and ArmA servers can be on separate machines, even separate locations with separate IPs.

Yes. We play on various TS3 servers and host Arma games on a different local machine every time and ACRE works. AFAIK the Arma server doesn't even need jayarma2lib?

IIRC volume ingame also tweaks stuff outside but dont remember for sure... Hence lowering it might not help.

Perhaps with Vista/7's audio mixer you could lower the arma volume while keeping the main/TS volume higher?

Does ACRE even honor the ARMA volume levels at all?

The documentation on this is lacking... or at least I did not find anything.

In any case to make sure I want a userconfig option: ACRE_hands_off_my_volume_settings.

If I want or need my TS volume at +20 (just a random number here, but you get the idea) then I have that for a reason and ACRE should keeps its fingers away from that. ACRE will never know why someone would need it and the best way to deal with client-side stuff like this is to include option to simply not touch it at all.

Does ACRE even honor the ARMA volume levels at all?

The documentation on this is lacking... or at least I did not find anything.

In any case to make sure I want a userconfig option: ACRE_hands_off_my_volume_settings.

If I want or need my TS volume at +20 (just a random number here, but you get the idea) then I have that for a reason and ACRE should keeps its fingers away from that. ACRE will never know why someone would need it and the best way to deal with client-side stuff like this is to include option to simply not touch it at all.

whatever? volume options in Arma Audio options, have nothing to do with TS/ACRE. You could just test it your self. You have to use the TS/WIN for TS app sound, to adjust ACRE. Then the ingame Rads can have various adjustments, along with Lower Headset.

And from what i have read, true 3D sound is to come with 3.14 and the total rewrite of TS3 by Jay and the team? But for me i can hear and tell where the voice is coming from with in 15m~ after that its difficult then no sound after 20m~

What sickboy was referencing was the fact in Windows 7/Vista, you can adjust different applications volumes in the mixer.

ACRE also does not mess with the main volumes in TS3, ONLY the soundpack volume. Why? Because we play wave files for the squawk sounds and have to make sure they are playing - otherwise most people would not hear the squawks. Thanks to TS3, these can only be covered under the soundpack volume so we have to ensure that is up to hear it. Also, we only adjust it while squawks are playing. It gets turned back down after a squawk is done.

This is all being changed in the re-write, since we are basically ditching the TS3 sound engine (mostly, they just "give us" audio streams) and doing all the mixing and positional by yourselves.

For everyone who has problems with launching your game and having ACRE/JayArma2lib, we at 16AA foudn you need to put " -noautoupdate " after your shortcut line.

The problem seems to be the dsound.dll and the updating for Jayarma2lib for us. I am not entirely sure if its related to this, but everyone at 16AA had problems starting up the game with a crash. Seems to work fine after we put this behind the shortcut line.

Replicated the above issue also, with the mentioned fix working.

Edit: 3 cases here.

Edited by Hellfire257

I haven't heard of anyone having this issue at TFB, we're usually 20-30 strong on any given game night and have a LOT more on the roster.

The only problems we've had are with people on new installs of windows and having the Dx issue.

Same here... 15 guys with same issue.

"-noautoupdate" solved the problem, thank you!

Same here.. I deleted dsound.dll from OA directory and it's now is ok.

Apparently, from what I'm hearing, its a Java update that breaks ACRE.

Edit:

The Automatic Updater uses Java, the Java update broke it, hence the crashes on start up and why the command line works.

Edited by b00ce