Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

CWR² Demo

I don't have OA yet and when I installed CWR Demo I'm getting a lot of error messages - missing files, textures, cant see missions, western units etc.So, do I need OA for this ?

In the readme it says that Combined Operations (A2 and AO) are needed.

Yes Steal the car takes place in La Trinite originally. But I quickly converted it from my "Steal the car in Chernarus" Series because I thought that this mission is a must have. :)

I've played it both in CWA and in CWR2 and I have to say I like CWR2's version more. Easier to die and more freedom of approach.

You forgot to rename Kozlovka though

Just finised few missions from demo campaign and i must say Wow :), i have the same fun playing those missions like 10 years ago but now the graphic is 10 times better. All units and island look great. I cant wait to see cwr2 full version with all missions and campaigns from cwc and resistance. Thanks cwr2 team for your work.

I think I found out why I'm having CTDs randomly in missions. It seems Robalos ASR AI skills mod may be the cause. Can someone test it and let me know if you get CTDs randomly in the campaign while playing? I'm using the current beta. I'm still not sure it is the cause because I'm positive I got a few CTDs while playing with just the newest beta and CWR2.

Anyway they seemed to have stopped so I got thru the mini-campaign. Holy s*%t! That really takes me back! Fantastic job guys. The whole thing was just surreal. Playing OFP in A2CO is a beautiful thing.

Thank you to all of you!

Great job guys! Having lots of fun today.

Couple of issues I've run into, I'm holding off posting to the bug tracker as they may be beta related:

Montignac must fall: Not so much a bug as a 'frustration in fratricide'. I have to kill the AT gunner in my squad (or wait for him to die) in order to destroy the armour, this due to 9 out of 10 times he'll miss and the mission succeeds or fails on whether the BMP lives or dies. Could be related to the BMP-1 issue previously mentioned.

After Montignac: Whenever I die I get a message; 'Radio message AwayArms not found' will have to verify and try and get a screeny.

Undercover: The very steep hill is a b**ch with that squad sitting ontop destroying my group. Finally got past them on my 24th try! then to my horror, my squad getts stuck trying to climb to the WP at the top. They get stuck at coords HB88 and then just run back and forwards across the hill. Thus I can't complete the mission without killing them all myself.

SP18 Battlefields: Just a minor issue; the mission won't check off as complete in the mission scenarios menu.

E

Edited by Electricleash

I don't have OA yet and when I installed CWR Demo I'm getting a lot of error messages - missing files, textures, cant see missions, western units etc.So, do I need OA for this ?

It would seem so since some of them have backpacks.

It would seem so since some of them have backpacks.

And not to mention it states it's required in the ReadMe. ;)

Must say it is awesome...some minor bugs that have been mentioned already but thats normal.. :)

One question.....I would love to use those islands only with different mods. Is it possible? And what pbo's from the CWR2 mod pack i need? Thx :)

To run the islands without CWR2 you need at least:

cwr2_config.pbo

cwr2_eden.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_eden_data.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_cain.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_cain_data.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_buildings.pbo

cwr2_furniture.pbo

cwr2_misc.pbo

cwr2_plants.pbo

cwr2_roads.pbo

cwr2_rocks.pbo

cwr2_signs.pbo

Eventually also data3d.pbo and cwr2_sounds.pbo

Not tested but if you need more you get an error message with the missing addon.

Edited by W0lle
damn copy&paste

To run the islands without CWR2 you need at least:

cwr2_config.pbo

cwr2_eden.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_eden.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_eden_data.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_buildings.pbo

cwr2_furniture.pbo

cwr2_misc.pbo

cwr2_roads.pbo

cwr2_rocks.pbo

cwr2_signs.pbo

Eventually also data3d.pbo and cwr2_sounds.pbo

Not tested but if you need more you get an error message with the missing addon.

I've been testing to use the islands stand alone, and cwr2_config.pbo doesn't look to be necessary. cwr2_cain.pbo and cawr2_cain_data.pbo contain Kolgujev (typo in your list probably), and cwr2_plants.pbo is also needed.

Complete list to run just the islands without error messages for me was

cwr2_buildings.pbo

cwr2_cain.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_data.pbo

cwr2_eden.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_furniture.pbo

cwr2_misc.pbo

cwr2_plants.pbo

cwr2_roads.pbo

cwr2_rocks.pbo

cwr2_signs.pbo

cwr2_sounds.pbo

Thanks for the correction, of course plants is needed. :)

cwr2_config is "cwr2" which might be in the list of required addons in the island configs.

I've been testing to use the islands stand alone, and cwr2_config.pbo doesn't look to be necessary. cwr2_cain.pbo and cawr2_cain_data.pbo contain Kolgujev (typo in your list probably), and cwr2_plants.pbo is also needed.

Complete list to run just the islands without error messages for me was

cwr2_buildings.pbo

cwr2_cain.pbo (Kolgujev)

cwr2_data.pbo

cwr2_eden.pbo (Everon)

cwr2_furniture.pbo

cwr2_misc.pbo

cwr2_plants.pbo

cwr2_roads.pbo

cwr2_rocks.pbo

cwr2_signs.pbo

cwr2_sounds.pbo

Seems that way for me also, good work ;)

Bit late but none the less, brilliant work been playing for hours on it, replaying and so forth, had great fun, memories ect all role back. Congrats, and thanks for the effort.

Regards Jeza

This mod brings back so many fond memories of playing OFP :) kudos for the demo, looking forward to the final release :cool:

Had shivers run down my spines, only issues so far are minor issues that aren't game breaking. Great release, brings back great memories.

Feels good playing the missions after 10 years again :) big THX CWR team! only i dont see the couterstrike mission in SP?

Who made the Spetnaz units, they are freakn beautiful!

I believe you have Schnapdrossel to thank for those.

So, I have completed a demo campaign and I am very happy to it! All missions are recreated in the most authentic image and errors aren't present. I am very grateful to collective CWR for it, also I hope that the full version a mode won't keep itself waiting!

Errors which I have found!

Sometimes there were problems with transportation of group of the player.

For example, in mission Alarm separation has got out from M113 and has gone on foot. Mission restarting has corrected a situation!

In mission After Montignac, at deaths the player, there was a message on absence of a sound file.

link on screen http://i025.radikal.ru/1106/fd/1d8d31e9a956.jpg

Also in mission Rescue, after destruction BMP-1, there was an error report! (snowscriptserrors active. This error does not affect gameplay!)

link on screen http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/1106/58/abb7c414ea93.jpg

Here statistics of passage of some missions.

Montignac Must Fall http://s55.radikal.ru/i147/1106/f5/405d5d5985d6.jpg

After Montignac http://s004.radikal.ru/i208/1106/2e/d6ce23bc9011.jpg

Rescue http://i015.radikal.ru/1106/22/a44c8d94fd43.jpg

Undercover http://s011.radikal.ru/i317/1106/83/48e140d4fea4.jpg

There's a lot of old graphics mixed in with new. The houses look a bit dated now. There no way to update everything then?

How long is the demo campaign?

also I hope that the full version a mode won't keep itself waiting!

I hope that too!

There's a lot of old graphics mixed in with new. The houses look a bit dated now. There no way to update everything then?

We are updating what we can. There are some new and improved buildings and some old ones. This mod has exactly 1,444 p3d files (so far), and 18,671 paas (again, so far), so you can understand why we have been picking and choosing what we think is going to make the most impact up front. If you would like to give us a hand, contact w0lle :p

We are updating what we can. There are some new and improved buildings and some old ones. This mod has exactly 1,444 p3d files (so far), and 18,671 paas (again, so far), so you can understand why we have been picking and choosing what we think is going to make the most impact up front. If you would like to give us a hand, contact w0lle :p

GEEZ that's a lot of files! COnsidering what you have to go through for each one, that is simply incredible. Hats off to the team!

How long is the demo campaign?

The demo campaign comes to an end with Armstrong's departure with Averon!