Sign in to follow this  
jonneymendoza

E3 - Arma 3?

Yes Atoc AA grass and bushes :)

Well we all know the performance changes with Atoc ... so we can half guess the FPS needed :)

For the first time I looked around the car and blocks on this http://www.zing.cz/gamefiles/filesystem/438/43883.jpg and I noticed that the distance effect and the general plantlife is phenomenally lifelike, with the small shrubs and things off into the slightly blurred hills. BIS have definitely done their research :D

Yes, looks very promising. Hopefully you can serverside for MP decide whether grass should be on or off.

Yes, looks very promising. Hopefully you can serverside for MP decide whether grass should be on or off.

I hated this, the map looked unrealistic and like sh!t without grass, why don't turn off trees and buildings?

I hated this, the map looked unrealistic and like sh!t without grass, why don't turn off trees and buildings?

I see that my text could be misinterpreted, what I meant was that you serverside could decide that clients wont be able to turn off grass.

I hope they have Tank Intereras like OFP.

arma3_e3_release_35_4.jpg

One thing I have to say is... The F-35 still looks like it has the prototype style front vent covers..f35-new.jpg

The production model has the one big door....

Hope the Comanche's have the gun that folds back too...

Looks amazing otherwise.. I really cannay wait...

Looks promising...But why the more info i see about A3, the more sceptic i'm getting?

Well, those are just some early screenshots that barely show anything. But it looks promising. (more than a datadisc)

I only fear that 512mb of graphic ram will no be enough to play it at "ok" quality.

I wonder how early some of those are. Four of them featured untextured models (jacket, gloves, Opfor tech helmet (partially textured), and light machinegun).

Those are all high poly models for normal map baking, that should give you an idea of how the textures will look, not so much the model itself.

I am stunned, the screens are soo beautiful! I know BIS said the visuals will be vastly improved, but I was not prepared for this...

*continues to browse through the pictures over and over again*

For everyone following the E3 (or those interested in doing so):

http://e3.gamespot.com/live-cam-tour/?live_cam=

That´s a stream made by gamespot. There are two camera men, with shoulder mounted cameras and equipped with an smarthphone to keep contact to their website. They keep constantly tracking some sort of chat or something (didnt fint out where exactly it is) and try to fulfil as many wishes as they can by users. Camera 1 was in the west hall today and camera 2 was in the south hall (thats the one where BIS has its booth -> http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?show_id=e311&booth=2803&CFTOKEN=5792694140dc8cea-3EBF6AD8-F472-8C34-BF4157D9E5EFDDAD&CFID=16562629&exhid=boh9829&userid=〈=en&locale=en - it is booth number 2803)

I fast forwarded through the the recorded material (4hrs of which approx 1h was pure downtime due to technical reasons) of camera 2 but couldn´t find any glimpse of BIS´s booth.

Luckily I could hear the guy from camera 1 saying, that they will switch the halls on Day2 and he explicitly said that he was going to booth 2803 to see ArmA.

I´ll try my best to watch the live stream on Day 2 (tomorrow/today in whatever zone you live) and try to pinpoint the time when he goes to BIS, so that you guys can watch it afterwards. :)

Those are all high poly models for normal map baking, that should give you an idea of how the textures will look, not so much the model itself.

I'm guessing thats a good thing? so the textures will reflect detail but maybe the model is translated into a lower poly? Ive got no idea when it comes to modelling as you may have already guess...

For someone who has no idea you about it you pinned it perfectly ;) yes what you see in the high poly will be represented on the low poly so that it receives the same lighting and appears the same.

Edited by NodUnit

I am stunned, the screens are soo beautiful! I know BIS said the visuals will be vastly improved, but I was not prepared for this...

*continues to browse through the pictures over and over again*

hmm I agree but I take it with a grain of salt, it's the same like in arma2, the screens looked good, pimped all the way with depth of field and blur filter to look as good as possible but in the end the game was crippled and the game still feels like a beta and couldn't use it full potential. so its not just about how the game looks, but how the game feels in the end, I would rather love to have the arma 2 graphics but with a fluid nice improved engine with great physics, everything bug free, a fluid netcode that gives you hours of fun and all the things the players would love to have like shooting from vehicles, walking arround in vehicles like in boats, custom equippable weapons and armor, underwater swimming. So I just hope they concentrate on these important things and don't just make everything look better like the step from arma 1 to arma 2 and just stuff it with physics and some improvements.

I'll tack one on to your post and say that they didn't utilize their assets enough either, Operation Arrowhead saw great tech improvement with enhanced NVG's, flash lights, FLIR, laser pointers and more, but there was never a focus on these techs other than a mission or two, or a training mission.

For example imagine you are playing at night, you have no NVG so you must rely on the flashlight to find something you are searching for, or using the FLIR in reconnasence from above to locate assets, not just attack them.

The introduction to physX could mean some amazing things and not just pretty explosions.

Hey that is pretty neat

I'm suprised at the props in E3, that wall carving was really great and the variation in age is astounding.

Edited by NodUnit

Looks like I'm going to have to get a new motherboard and the AMD x8....

By the time arma 3 is released, the cost of a pc that plays it smoothly will only cost around 400$... My computer I'm about to build can run the recommended for a3++ already and only costed 850$ for everything.

By the time arma 3 is released, the cost of a pc that plays it smoothly will only cost around 400$... My computer I'm about to build can run the recommended for a3++ already and only costed 850$ for everything.

A computer that can... play ArmA smoothly??

Thats blasphemy! Such thing does not exist in the world of the mortal! :D

Seriously I think playing ArmA III with recommended settings will be far from smooth. That´s one thing I learned in all those years playing BIS games *g*

So.....any hints from the dev's on any goodies for us from Day 2?

darnit third time I misread a post. Seems there are a lot of uniformed soldiers..hope some of them saw BI's booth and decided to check it out.

darnit third time I misread a post. Seems there are a lot of uniformed soldiers..hope some of them saw BI's booth and decided to check it out.

You know you pointed out in the screenshots that the MPD's on the Comanche's where blank, and I wondered if it was just a rendering limitation from the view they were taken. Then I watched the teaser trailer again, for that split second of actual game footage inside the cockpit of that heli. They were still blank, or very damn shadowy from the lighting/postprocess color grading.

You think they might have not implemented what's to go there yet in all their early videos and screens yet? *crosses fingers for RTT*