Sign in to follow this  
jonneymendoza

E3 - Arma 3?

Weird suit the guy is wearing in this pic (under his camo) ?

could be a concept of the

Weird suit the guy is wearing in this pic (under his camo) ?

Looks like air or liquid cooled under suit, handy for in those hot climates. I would imagine the Iranians would have it set to heat though.

same here :

Please do not quote images/videos

Asian physiognomy to me, no?

Edited by W0lle

That pilot is Hamok/Kavoc Pilot :P

look closely the 2 pics I've posted, they're all wearing the same helmet so it looks like it isn't a pilot helmet

Edited by Macadam Cow

http://www.zing.cz/screenshoty/2625/arma-3/image-43908#image=43909

Those character models look EXACTLY like the ones used in EVE Online! But I guess they have nothing to do with each other...

One thing I noticed is that we have not seen any models from ArmA II except maybe that F35 (although it looks at if it was remodeled from scratch).

http://www.zing.cz/images/thumbnails/bigthumb/8dd520a6-43914.jpg

This throws up the question to backwards addon compability. Do you guys think there will be a possibility to port offical/fanmade addons from ArmA II to III?

You also have to keep in mind that all those new features like the weapon assembling, changeable clothes and physics all suggest that a major overhaul of ArmA II addons would be mandatory in order to be able to port em to ArmA III succesfully...

http://www.zing.cz/images/thumbnails/bigthumb/d27d5404-43877.jpg

http://www.zing.cz/images/thumbnails/bigthumb/3ff8cf3c-43883.jpg

http://www.zing.cz/images/thumbnails/bigthumb/5468351d-43908.jpg

It´s a scary/sad thought to think that we might loose many great community models! :(

If we get more info on how these systems for weapons and player model changing might work people could start developing Arma 2 content to be more Arma 3 friendly

It´s a scary/sad thought to think that we might loose many great community models! :(

I would think the majority of them will still work when ported, the gun makers will probably have the original gun model with working rail and multiple selectable parts for sights etc and it would just be a case of setting them up properly depending on how the sights and other equipment are done.

The same would stand for the vehicles etc as the main model would already be there so it would be all down to config work and maybe some alterations depending on the parts that can be used.

Am I the only one here who don't acturally like the trailer?

P.S. and someone here clearly have colour blindness, as those clearly are Iran flag.

Am I the only one here who don't acturally like the trailer?

P.S. and someone here clearly have colour blindness, as those clearly are Iran flag.

Well the trailer itself is not bad but it doesn't "fit" with BIS history.

Maybe the game is just not ready yet to offer a proper ingame trailer but you can't go to the biggest video games expo with only a bunch of pics.

Video = meh, not a big fan of mixing CGI and Real world with in game footage for Preview videos.

But the new screen shots look really great. The terrain looks really sweet.

Nice vehicle interiors, weapons, physics, models..etc etc

great stuff, thanks!

;1948124']Regular Multicam... Nothing special ;]

Aww, ah well i'm sure we'll see British addons at some point.

Holy crap BIS. The images looks f-ing fantastic! The slightly futuristic style is something to get used to for us realism nuts, but its not massively futuristic and im sure awesome gameplay will have us by the cojones so it will be totally ok. Also, we can create addons as before if we want to change something. Best game ever. Untouchable.

<- Very happy person right here. :)

I would think the majority of them will still work when ported, the gun makers will probably have the original gun model with working rail and multiple selectable parts for sights etc and it would just be a case of setting them up properly depending on how the sights and other equipment are done.

The same would stand for the vehicles etc as the main model would already be there so it would be all down to config work and maybe some alterations depending on the parts that can be used.

We are trying to keep as many things backwards compatible as posible. Most of mods shall need just some minor tweaks, or at least it seems like that now. Don't count this as a promise, just a brief glimpse on light of sandbox hope at the end of a year long tunel <insert name of a shooter here> :icon_twisted:

Edit: Do not count Project Awesome into regular shooters.

Edited by pettka

Acturally thats what I hate about the trailer of "the game that we shouldn't talk about here": CGI render mix with real life footage.....:throwup:

Also the style a bit too........whats the word I am looking for? Hollywoodish? I mean....what have happened BI?:raisebrow:

The picture looks nice through;)

IIRC DR trailer was CGI only, at least BIS isn't trying to fool us like codemaster did ;)

I think the last time I've been so excited was when I was about to have sex for the first time :D

We are trying to keep as many things backwards compatible as posible. Most of mods shall need just some minor tweaks, or at least it seems like that now. Don't count this as a promise, just a brief glimpse on light of sandbox hope at the end of a year long tunel <insert name of a shooter here> :icon_twisted:

Edit: Do not count Project Awesome into regular shooters.

Omg thank you so much for that information!

I totally understand that this is not an official statement and things may change but I really appreaciate knowing that you keep compability in mind during the development process :bounce3:

Now if we will be able to customize weapons - i hope it will be able to add same thing for magazines - like load normal stanag magazine or choose to load C-MAG for example

The trailer is much codemasterish fo me, but the pictures are very nice, and convincing about the nice touch of futurism, without overdoing it.

i hope for some actual gameplay, show us physX !

pictures are nice!