Sign in to follow this  
jonneymendoza

E3 - Arma 3?

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Nothing like any T-95 pic I have seen, looks hell of a lot like the Merkava ones I have though.

Check what the spotter's monocular in the teaser says: T-95 DER.

Hmm - that Turret can be from T-95 ,but the bottom part is different than prototype T95

Also, PeterBitt was talking about the type of ammo it used, as when it shoots the gun it leaves a weird wavey effect.

yes, what is this?

It´s weird. The gun is too long for a merkava, but the hull matches. It could also be a Challenger 2, but certainly no T80/T72 based chassis (those are flat all the way to the front, unless the T-95 uses a completely newly designed chassis with a slanted frontal top glacis, which no pictures I´ve seen so far show). The turret looks like that of an earlier merkava, but is too flat. The optics on top seem to point towards a merkava too.

Maybe it´s like the Hamoc, a completely new design by BIS? Mashup of merkava and russian T-series tanks?

Hmm - that Turret can be from T-95 ,but the bottom part is different than prototype T95

Yep, the chassis, especially the rear is Merkava through and through. Although the Russians aren't shy of a little design copying either.

Notice that above the message that states it's a T-95, it also states a match of only 61%.

Although the Russians aren't shy of a little design copying either.

I'm leaning more toward the Chinese. Just think of the Chengdu J-20 and the F-35.

I think the Super Hokus Pokus (Hamok) and the mashup tank are supposed to be Chinese "designs" ripped off of existing vehicles. :)

Notice that above the message that states it's a T-95, it also states a match of only 61%.

Uff, I almost begun to feel shadowbanned... I guess I spent too much time on the 'other' forum...;)

Whats with the Stealth-pulse-thing at the end of the youtube video?

Is this going to be another Ghost Recon: Stealth LOL future lol warrior lol product?

-k

Whats with the Stealth-pulse-thing at the end of the youtube video?

Shockwave from the main gun firing? If that is the part you meant.

That looked really good. I think BIS have a demo at E3 for people to play ArmA 3 so we might see the footage again!

Thats what I first though. Sound was all lazery though and turret doesn't seem to move. You are probably right.

-k

Uff, I almost begun to feel shadowbanned... I guess I spent too much time on the 'other' forum...;)

Lol, me too!

DKKbisvGspQ

Looks like it is indeed real. :)

There is no muzzleflash, just a bright beam of light. Behind the "shell", the air is wobbling as if disturbed by strong heat waves, but no dust at all is kicked up. Watch the video in full screen and you´ll see it.

I think we´ll see some more fi rather than sci weapons in this game. A bit disappointed not to see actual ingame footage, seeing as BI preferred that over CGI before and even took pride in that.

Hopefully we´ll see new ingame footy too as the show progresses.

Thats what I first though. Sound was all lazery though and turret doesn't seem to move. You are probably right.

-k

Rail gun maybe?

Notice the shock wave/distortion in front of the projectile.

Is it a ingame footage or live action?

Is it a ingame footage or live action?

95% live action , 5 % in game I'd say .

Rail gun maybe?

Notice the shock wave/distortion in front of the projectile.

If I´d be nitpicky on a science basis, I´d say that´s impossible. Railguns need HUMONGOUS amounts of energy to propel a projectile to any meaningful speed. There´s a reason why the only weaponized railgun designs right now are ship based.

It´s just as impossible as vehicle based AT lasers right now. A good summary of what Laser can and can´t do can be found here: http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/spacegunconvent.php#id--Laser_Cannon

It´s in terms of science fiction and space warfare, but it gives a general Idea of the amounts of energy needed and the armour penetration of high energy laser weapons. Kinetic weapons like railguns are also covered on this website: http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/spacegunconvent.php#id--Kinetic_Kill_Weapons--Railguns

Man, it really is concerning that people cannot tell reality from ingame footage! :D

The actual soldiers are obviously real, the helicopters hovering appears ingame/CGI, the footage from inside the helicopter appears ingame, the stuff the guy is viewing through the monocular appears to be CGI.

As I said before: it's a mix of real and ingame/CGI footage.

I'm not that knowledgeable regarding E3 to be honest, is that all that BIS went there to release, or is that trailer more of an opening to the private presentation?

I'm not that knowledgeable regarding E3 to be honest, is that all that BIS went there to release, or is that trailer more of an opening to the private presentation?

Good question. But don't forget they've also got ToH and CC:GM lined up. :)