Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox34

Stealth Kills?

That's why knives must be left out out of a game that tries to be realistic.

Because what you've suggested is neither a) nor b) - it's both.

A hollywood-ish minigame with a one hit kill. That also involves making AIs deaf. And obviously paralize them as well - it isn't like cutting throat is an instakill stopping the enemy from making a lot of noise.

Like, as I've said, pulling the trigger which is what happen when an enemy has his finger there. Or simply making his weapon fall which is quite a noise too if there are enemies nearby.

The bottomline - knives can only be hollywoodish. Leave them for Battlefield.

What's wrong with silenced weapons?

[/color]There would be no auto-target. "Targeting" would be you manually maneuvering to the exact spot to perform the animation. And sure, since it's so important to you, why not also manually have to aim at the correct point on the target for the move to succeed.

What manoeuvres are you talking about? You suggested for a target to be 100% deaf if approached from behind. Just approach it from behind and perform the kewl move. We can also have a slo-mo camera circling around the enemy while you do the Kewl Kill. And why can't you just cut the throat whenever you wish, not whenever the game tells you to?

Edited by metalcraze

I didn't say it would be silent or instantaneous kill, nor that it would have a 100% success rate.

Also, no trained soldier rests his finger on the trigger. That is retarded and Hollywood. The first reflex would be to try to struggle yourself free from the strangle hold, or try to keep your severed throat together, not to reach for your gun.

I never said the target would be deaf. Please don't put words in my mouth or fill in the blanks with bullshit. He could hear you, and spoil your approach. There would have to be some ambient noise to cover your footsteps if the surface is loud, or the target could be dozing off at guard or unaware that you pose a threat etc. God... do I have to explain EVERY LITTLE MINUTE DETAIL TO YOU :D

What's wrong with silenced weapons? Nothing, you just don't always get one. If you play as an insurgent for instance.

Edited by Pulverizer

The thread name is making this whole discussion stupid because almost every counterargument has something to do with the impracticality of knives as stealth weapons. The recent melee thread was closed because of this thread.

Edited by Celery

Everything has it's practicalities and impracticalities. And Arma has too many variables to answer these same old questions again. They have been answered before in this 46 page topic, and over and over. Please look them up.

Until then it's about if it can be done properly, and would it be worth it. This means not jumping to fairytale, COD or hollywood conclusions and arguements. So stop trying to stimulate the conversations which such crap, we know the topics uses and it's negatives.

I know jack about scripting and what not. The only time I jump in is when someones perception of it goes from stupid to stupidier (for example using 'don't make this feature' arguements relating to movies and stupid games like COD, jeez like we don't understand they are useless and stealth kills in this context should be no where near that level of that unrealistic stupidity).

Edited by Rye

Lock until we have some sort of statement?

I think GC might help there a little bit.

At the current state, this thread is very dangerous for some forum members, because its just drifting away in the world of "NOPE YOURE wrong" and the past few pages can be summed up with "knifes are used in RL combat!" "implementation is difficult" "unrealistic"

And if everyone is honest, what else could you write here? the essence is gone a long time ago and now the personal arguments and endless repititions start...

Anyway, im not making any decisions here.

Yeah let's see what happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. Bust some misconceptions so hopefully in the future it won't be looked down on so much! :p The world is your oyster BIS!

Okay, you all are really enough.

In China PLA army and police force they already have solution for the stealth operation. They did use mechanic crossbow for both indoor and short range outdoor engagement. Silenced firearm can still be loudly since they're reported around 70-90 dB (130-150 dB w/o silencer), loud enough to make people notify and alert of it.

If I really have to go stealth killing, I will bring a mechanic crossbow and some darts fed with poisons (OFFENDED THE GENEVA CONVENTION!!).

Bayonets would be awesome. Releasing the BAF DLC without bayonets was painful. British troops without bayonets is just...blasphemy!

Okay, you all are really enough.

In China PLA army and police force they already have solution for the stealth operation. They did use mechanic crossbow for both indoor and short range outdoor engagement. Silenced firearm can still be loudly since they're reported around 70-90 dB (130-150 dB w/o silencer), loud enough to make people notify and alert of it.

If I really have to go stealth killing, I will bring a mechanic crossbow and some darts fed with poisons (OFFENDED THE GENEVA CONVENTION!!).

Your better off using any regular bow and arrows.

To people saying if you need melee your playing wrong.....:rolleyes:

Unexpected shite happens, and when I'm for whatever reason unable to fire my primary weapon at close range, the lack of any action is what feels gamey and unatural to me. Also, many many missions don't provide backup ammo or a base to run home and recharge at.

I'm sure it is also extremely rare for soldiers in modern times to pick up enemy weapons during battle and go to town with them but that doesn't stop us gamers!

An instant kill, action menu, 100% success attack I'd be totally against -matter fact, the whole "stealth kill" sounds dubious for this genre. Just give a last ditch action ie...rifle butt, so I don't have to run around with my finger up my A %$ when being chased in urban and outta ammo. I wanna go down swingin.

Your better off using any regular bow and arrows.

It's two-handed, also inaccurate and variable velocity when pulling.

Don't get me wrong, stealth killing is for the best timing with the best weapon of choice, not for specific method.

People talk about modern warfare when when there will show up hundreds of mods featuring medeival/ zombies/ww1/ww2 and god knows what. Like I said and a mod said implementing a mele attacks would make it much more simpler for the modders than have to try to make their own mele attack.

People talk about modern warfare when when there will show up hundreds of mods featuring medeival/ zombies/ww1/ww2 and god knows what. Like I said and a mod said implementing a mele attacks would make it much more simpler for the modders than have to try to make their own mele attack.

I'm not against melee being implemented, but that's not a valid argument for it at all. I mean, by that logic I could request that BIS implement beam weapon simulation just so that sci fi modders have less trouble making lasers. ;)

Anyway, I have to be honest about one thing: in all my time playing the OFP/ARMA series, I have only very, very rarely been in a situation where melee would have come in handy. In a normal battle the average engagement ranges are too long, and in stealth missions you're usually better off killing as few people as possible to complete your objective.

Still, I'd like to see some form of melee simply for completeness' sake. :)

Pffff... to this mainstream stealth killcombo knif uberw1rri0rz wannabe stabbing

BIS should implement this + screaming:

uxkr4wS7XqY

Pffff... to this mainstream stealth killcombo knif uberw1rri0rz wannabe stabbing

BIS should implement this + screaming:

uxkr4wS7XqY[/TUUBE]

Defeated. :D

LBnflnDArlk

f thiz gaem dosnt has rok throw it is not reel game

Knives are very necessary, especially under water, as well as for silent missions where you have to remove the enemy from ambush, a vivid example of the use of knives in a modification of SLX. Please add a knife!

Its maby looks like a weapon or animation with damage dealing...

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

And maby add the ability to throw knive and pick up them! Its looking great!

Knives are very necessary, especially under water, as well as for silent missions where you have to remove the enemy from ambush, a vivid example of the use of knives in a modification of SLX. Please add a knife!

Its maby looks like a weapon or animation with damage dealing...

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

And maby add the ability to throw knive and pick up them! Its looking great!

Maybe you can use the to stab and keel jellyfish:D

Maybe you can use the to stab and keel jellyfish:D

Two words:

SHARK FIGHT

:D

hahaha this thread is one of the funniest I have seen in a long time, also, you should be able to do this

[/color]And maby add the ability to throw knive and pick up them! Its looking great!

Only if there's a Jason Statham character

Behind enemy lines...1 guy left alive. Does that mean we are getting proper stealth aspects and stealth kills. I've always wanted that from the ARMA games is to be able to take someone out completely silent.
a diver exits in a harbor right behind a one man patrol takes out his knife and kills the guard throws him in harbor w/ weights no more guard no more alarm

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

What do you mean in real life no? I'm not saying I would like this as...

See Enemy.

Run Up to enemy as fast as possible.

Press V to knife.

I'm saying sneak up behind enemy, slit throat or break neck. Just how they train the Spec Ops to do.

Sure they are limited to a few scenarios and it's highly unlikely that they will have a hand to hand combat system or anything like that. It's like a pistol in that it's another tool in your arsenal and while it may not be the most powerful option, it can save your life if you need it to.

snap no more guard never mind you should tell where to hit the guys helmet so hit him in teh ribs body armor hit em in the head etc

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Defeated. :D

f thiz gaem dosnt has rok throw it is not reel game

why screams if we break his neck he cant scream fine add them if you hit em in the wrong place but other wise NO SCREAMS

Edited by W0lle
quoted video removed

The new video of taking other units uniforms and being undetected is awesome! Adds another element.

The new video of taking other units uniforms and being undetected is awesome! Adds another element.

...which has nothing to do with the "l337" knives/garote/snap neck and whatever nonsense was previously posted in this thread...good for BIS

Actually it does, because you could use that to your advantage to sneak around bases, which could have an impact on stealth kills

I'm sorry I see your posts all the time and 90% of them are just pure trolling.