Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox34

Stealth Kills?

Behind enemy lines...1 guy left alive. Does that mean we are getting proper stealth aspects and stealth kills. I've always wanted that from the ARMA games is to be able to take someone out completely silent.

Yea, like with a knife or melee combat. They finaly added proper water and we can even dive in it. They'r doing a new anim system so why not add some 1337 stealth kills :D

i smell the knife arguments starting yet again...damn consoles games

A scripted mission/chapter a bit like cod4 ghillie in the mist would certainly provide a suitable contrast to what looks like a fairly typical free-roamy campaign from BIS. I do agree with you that stealth kills certainly need looking at in such an epic-looking project!

Maybe not knife kills but a more enhanced stealthy aura/atmosphere about some missions :rolleyes: but if they can do it in opflash (lone wolf parts) I guess they won't have any trouble doing it in what looks to be like a campaign aspiring to ofp :)

I really hope that there are more than just a couple of recon missions; didn't really like the gun-ho aspect of Harvest Red, after all they were a marine fireteam, I would've expected more sneaking around..

Edited by SASrecon

Sounds to much like COD to me, urrgh!!

Pffff.... same argument again and again... as if COD invented close combat with knife or bayonet... :icon_ohmygod:

I see very few scenarios where you'd need to use stealth kills in this series. If they add it, they add it. But I'm happy for them to work on the core mechanics.

I'm not talking about running around knifing people like COD. I'm talking about you or you and your squad want to infiltrate and enemy position and either don't have silenced weapons or constraints which make the need for you to use stealth. Where you can sneak up on enemy's and have an animation or action to perform a stealth kill.

Sometimes it seems as if the AI have eyeballs in a line around there head that enable them to see form all directions, make it near impossible to perform a proper stealth kill.

This is not only a cool feature, but adds immersion for smaller units and teams who need to work in the cover of silence.

Ok that could possibly work if done properly, no arcade stuff please!

Behind enemy lines...1 guy left alive. Does that mean we are getting proper stealth aspects and stealth kills. I've always wanted that from the ARMA games is to be able to take someone out completely silent.

You can do that since OFP

Without any stupidity from consoles a la "press X for the Stealth Kill! AWSUM!"

i smell the knife arguments starting yet again...damn consoles games

The only console I had was PS1, since then I use Pc. What's wrong with having stealth knife or melee kills anyway? Spec ops train in hand to hand combat not for nothing you know... I'd rather use a knife kill than a pistol, which might miss and get attention of the guards and all that crap...

Melee would be nice, get some proper bayonet action.

That's the spirit. Forget knives. :p

In real life there is a huge difference between shooting a gun, shooting a gun with a silencer, and using a stealth kill.

Just because they add a melee feature, doesn't mean you are turning this into COD and all of a sudden 100 million people will play this game. The same community will be here with the same tactics and knowledge that a knife/melee is only useful in a few scenarios.

A knife wont make the game any more or less arcadey.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Bayonets would be awesome too, but they are not as prevalent as they used to be.

The action could be limited to special forces units or something, who would normally use it.

depends on the way it is implemented.

Some live with the feeling that a knife is one strike one kill(not really their fault since every other game portrays it that way), which far from true. The other implementaiton is ussually the scripted one: press red square button for l33t knife kill animation

Stealth kills? In real life no, In call of duty yes. I doubt anyone will not listen to you walk into him. Thunder attacks are used in reality

What do you mean in real life no? I'm not saying I would like this as...

See Enemy.

Run Up to enemy as fast as possible.

Press V to knife.

I'm saying sneak up behind enemy, slit throat or break neck. Just how they train the Spec Ops to do.

Sure they are limited to a few scenarios and it's highly unlikely that they will have a hand to hand combat system or anything like that. It's like a pistol in that it's another tool in your arsenal and while it may not be the most powerful option, it can save your life if you need it to.

You don't see specops running around with knives on their missions. They carry firearms.

Knife usage is very rare

I'm talking about IRL of course, not "holy crap COD awsum and then I saw some akshun hollywood movie!!"

Think about it like this too. They showed a SS of underwater swimming. It has almost no use in a combat situation minus, STEALTH insertion, or STEALTH demolitions or swimming after your ship just got blown to hell.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

I'm not saying a knife if all you have to use. I'm saying it's an option. And If you see any spec ops in the field I will guarantee you they have a knife sheathed.

No one runs around with a knife out! As momma always said don't run with sharp objects :)

You don't see specops running around with knives on their missions. They carry firearms.

Knife usage is very rare

I'm talking about IRL of course, not "holy crap COD awsum and then I saw some akshun hollywood movie!!"

Yeah like that Somali pirate a SEAL stabbed to death in February. That never happens.

Thunder attacks ? :16_6_8:

Yes in translation is thunder is how we call them here

You are a specialized super soldier from UK (yeah, why no UK forces in the SSs?), you can hit people from hundred meters away, you may have all the equipment you want, it takes a few seconds to attach a suppressor to the barrel of most guns. Why would you want to sneak around so you can make a kill only some meters away if you can make a "safer" kill hundred meters away?

True.

Look at the description of the campaign.

A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

Survive in the rich & authentic environment

Adapt to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat

Win in the open-ended & story-driven campaign

Survive. A basic survival tool is a knife. This is why all pilots, spec ops and most soldiers carry them. They aren't necessarily mean to be used for killing, but if you need to use it you will.

The story focuses on 1 Man getting stranded. Most likely his m4 will have been lost and he will have to use stealth to take out his combatants. I'm guessing either by hand or by knife.

Stealth is an aspect of a lot of Special Ops missons and therefore should be a part of the game.