Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

I was going to cheer and celebrate. But then I've realized it's BIS we are talking about, and that essentialy means a new computer. Again. :(

Still, can't wait for it.

Needs more color its starting to look washed out like OA.

Anyways cant wait to see some actual gameplay with the new animation system and Physx simulation.

and how SMOOTHLY the game runs ;)

Saw this on armaholic minutes ago and my hands are still shaking from excitement! :D

And announced in good time as well, have to set up one of these:

arma3Piggybank-1.jpg

Maybe by the time I finish these and play with the mods and levels you have all created ill be ready for some Arma3!!

Ausome!

I hope they made it possible in the editor to make multiple units, and groups playable versus having to

edit each unit to make it playable, as well as many of the editor requests that have been suggested.

Had to come back here after seeing the news on IGN :)

Been away from the ArmA games for a while, playing race sims and simpler games.

Will keep my eyes on this. Main thing I hope to see is focus on improving the gameplay. Fancy cool realism stuff needs to take a back seat to gameplay improvements and a simpler interface.

Not saying to dumb it down of course.

I also hope to see a great immersive campaign.

Great :cool:

I wouldn't mind BIS taking their time to polish the game though even if it only get released in 2013, at least I'll have the time to save enough money to buy a new computer... :butbut:

Woah. I didnt see this coming at all. This is quite a shocker for me for some reason.

O_o

Awesome!

Can I make official trailers for it? :D

Oh boy, I'm gonna need some new hardware! :)

This looks incredible!

I am IMPRESSED! My skill of english cant describe a lavel of my impression, when i visit arma3.com. Auggghhhhh!!11

PhysX, awesome graphics on screens, all cool, but hope, that Arma3 focused of improving OFP1-style gameplay. I do not want to see another COD or Red river, and "Customizable Soldier LoadChoose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered." scared me.

P.S Uderwater units <- i would like to see it in Arma series for a long time ago.

Edited by Strykeeer

1 question if you can answer, will it be harder to run than Arma 2/OA?

Had to come back here after seeing the news on IGN :)

Been away from the ArmA games for a while, playing race sims and simpler games.

Will keep my eyes on this. Main thing I hope to see is focus on improving the gameplay. Fancy cool realism stuff needs to take a back seat to gameplay improvements and a simpler interface.

Not saying to dumb it down of course.

I also hope to see a great immersive campaign.

Ha WB Matt!

Well here I am, 10 years older after Operation Flashpoint was the first game I've played that made my heart skip a bit and made my mind change as I was growing up. I was dissapointd by the entirety of the Arma series up until now but ArmA 3 brings me back.

This game has the potential of infinite replayability and could possibly be the most complex engine released on the marked in the near future. It has the most stable and complex streaming terrain features at this level of detail and the physic simulations + underwater + hopefully tesselation could make it the ultimate game engine ever created putting Marek's Spanel's name right there with the legends of the platform.

Greatest thing about the game? NO limitation out of developing for the Xbox 360. The console is crippling games like Xbox did in the past and it's frustrating to see how it's holding back everything..ArmA 3 can show us how much graphic cards and CPUs have evolved( 5x more powerful than the xbox)

Good luck BIS!

Looks very pretty. The features list is impressive.

The campaign sounds, well, shitty. but BIS has never, ever been known for good campaigns. Arma II's Chernarussian campaign was actually pretty well done and enjoyable, but the OA, BAF and ION campaigns were abysmally bad. It's clear that no matter how much work BIS puts into their games, their campaigns and most SP and MP missions will be shit. Polished shit, to be sure, but clearly designed and created by people who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. Except, again, the Chernarus campaign. Whomever did that had either done their research or knew WTF they were doing.

That being said, 95% of all user-made missions are horrible too.

And as an old OFPer, our motto was always "We don't want the game, we want the game engine!"

I spend literally 100% of my Arma2 time in the editor or playing missions I've made in the editor.

I saw in the sreenshots on your website that there was scuba in this. awsome!!! There was a scuba mod in arma2. so if you are taking ideas from mods then could you implement everything in the ace2 mod. it had windspeed for sniping (wind should be optional if apllied), the flare gun, plastic bullets. also make different types of kevlar that changes the damage system around a bit but is heavy. to compensate for good gear have a better stamina system that correlates weight to movement speed and when tired affects accuracy. Also supply and vehicle drops that can from C-130s that can be controlled by the pilot.

One of the things I like best about BI over codemasters is that i know that their screenshots and trailers are all taken in game. No CGI to be found here :)

The campaign sounds, well, shitty. but BIS has never, ever been known for good campaigns. Arma II's Chernarussian

campaign was actually pretty well done and enjoyable, but the OA, BAF and ION campaigns were abysmally bad. It's clear

that no matter how much work BIS puts into their games, their campaigns and most SP and MP missions will be shit.

Polished shit, to be sure, but clearly designed and created by people who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

Except, again, the Chernarus campaign. Whomever did that had either done their research or knew WTF they were doing.

And as an old OFPer, our motto was always "We don't want the game, we want the game engine!"

I spend literally 100% of my Arma2 time in the editor or playing missions I've made in the editor.

Jesus Christ dude is there anything in the game you like? maybe just stick with OFP.

It's clear

that no matter how much work BIS puts into their games, their campaigns and most SP and MP missions will be shit.

Polished shit,

Your a true fan, maybe just stop playing the game, if you dont like something then maybe its best to keep it to yourself,

and only offer positive criticism where they are needed, i find your criticism rather pointless, at that rate I dont see how your still playing the game.

what about the addons and mods, are they crap too?

I myself haven't played any of the campaigns except for all of OFPs, and I been in this about as long as you,

your post really has nothing constructive to say except complain how bad the campaigns are made, as well as

Glad you love the community here. SO missions like Insurgency, Evolution, Domination, and many of the like are crap too,

maybe you should release some profound missions you built and see how the community responds.

I'm sure theres alot of people who think the campaigns are great, and are fun ect,.

I'm with you on this one, I do the same, although I mainly build and edit/tweak mp missions for my server.

For Arma3 I'm really looking forward to more realism aspects to the game in various areas as well as other folks are,

but my main thing i'd like to see is some unique and or added features/upgrade of the editor, making it simpler to do tasks,

one of which i suggested in my last post.

I hope that BIS has heeded and had integrated alot of the great suggestions made over the past year into the new game,

and it sounds as if some have made it there.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

OMG!! omg! its ArmA3!!! (watch double rainbow video

) Edited by SpetS15

Awesome!!!! :D

Some thoughts about what I saw and some questions I hope will be answered

Fictional tanks look like crap.

Fictional weapons :<

PhysX and simulation connected to it sound nice

Underwater simulation = nice

WW3 = nice

There are some questions though:

- Will it be just as realistic as AA2?

- Will the content from AA2/OA be portable (and especially Chernarus and Takistan akin to how it was allowed to port Sahrani)?

- Will it have a good amount of content? Because right now it looks like an addon to ArmA2 with '3' slapped on it.

- Will the campaign be something like OFP or will we get another disappointment like Harvest Red because the premise sounds like it can be any of those?

- Will it have disc-DRM like previous games or the annoying online-activation? Especially the Steam's one?

Fictional Tank that is a Merkava MkIV not fictional, Fictional weapons I'm guessing you're talking about the assault rifles well in the pics I see a FN FS2000 and M14 with a EBR stock and a regular grey-ish M14 none fictional so far Helicopter however is real but has been discontinued as a weapons program by the U.S. military it is however called The Commanche.