Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 3 Officially Announced!

This is a great event, i'm very glad see this. BIS, big thanks for this news!

there is no twice as much atm (at least in terms of CPU)

well i might be able to run it on my Phenom X4 so upgrading that is not really needed i hope, but my video card nvdea is definitly needed. And i need to buy win 7.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

OS – Windows 7 / Vista

CPU – Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

GPU – Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster

RAM – 2 GB

HDD – 15 GB free space

DVD – Dual Layer compatible

DirectX® – 10

I'm ok with that. It's only natural that older API fades out. DirectX 9 might be common but its end is and should, if you ask me, be closing in.

Edited by colossus

Is it possible for us to see some VBS2 features? Please, I'm dying to have em!

It is official... I wet myself with excitement!

Not sure on the system specs though... Seems a bit to much...

sorry i dont see this! Its great news!!! I love it!

" * Customizable Soldier Load - Choose your uniform; assemble your weapon kit; change your load-out; get loaded up."

Nice!!!

"Single-Player Campaign - Evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign."

I Hope so, no like OA Campaign.

"# Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysX™ supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system."

the worse of All the bis games is the anims and the Physx effects i hope now we can enjoy it

Heh, just as I had suspected :). Damn nVidia profile ruining the surprise :P .

Screen shots look good. Curious about the fictional vehicles though. For some reason I feel negatively toward them, although why not? Maybe its just beacuse BIS have always stuck to the real world. The Co-Axial Mi28 (non existent) and RH66 Comanche (scrapped 2004) interesting choices.

The Merkava will be a fun asset too, APC/Tank combined and I too reckon that thing on the top of it is an active missile defence mechanism (Trophy).

Under water scuba shot looks very nice (with sub in background!).

-------------------

[wetblanket]

Good to hear that it is just over a year from release. There are still a few bothersome bugs that affect me every time I play Operation Arrowhead (Not just feature requests or things I think don't perform correctly, I am talking silly content related bugs that should have been fixed ages ago) I want to see these fixed before I even think about Arma3.[/wetblanket]

----------------------

How ever this is a great announcement. Well done BIS, looking forward to more info and screen shots & vids over the next while.

Thanks!

Congrats BIS :)

Xeno

Maybe the Hamov is BIS' take on the Ka-52 erodgan considering the Israeli units...

"Physical Simulation & Improved Animations – Take advantage of PhysX™ supported vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system."

Best news I've heard in a very long time! I can't wait for 2012!

yay I think.

OMG!!! Congrats Bohemia!!!! I love it!!

holy crap oh my god you cant imagine how I feel right now I love you.

Congrats BI! You keep old PC gamers like me very happy and you deserve all of the success :)

Thank you BIS for continuing on the series.

Hell yes!!

Hello,

It is predictable , it is absolutely in vain and I don't know why I am doing a Charlie Brown again , but...

with your current AI and AI control mechanisms(Interface,Waypoint,Scripts)

this "military commander" thing is going to not work at all.

That sounds a bit like RTS/Tactical Shooter/Wargame and it will still not work with the 2001 warfare-simulation , not to speak of the crippled AI we have since Arma2.

But.. PhysX ... Brown .. Future! :yay: Awesome!

Quoting what another guy wrote on a another forum.

With a little more understanding and foresight, they could have made better choices. I would say the chances of the US Military adopting the F2000 is just about nil. Not because it's a bad weapon, but because it doesn't really provide a significant advance in capability or effectiveness over the M16/M4, which is what the military is going to demand before they adopt a new weapon. This is why despite the fact that lighter or more reliable weapons have been readily available for the last 20-30 years, we haven't changed over. They could have at least looked at programs like LSAT and predicted the direction that they're heading in if the M4 or SCAR weren't cool enough, and they wanted to derive fancy new weapons.

As for the Comanche? That program is dead and gone.

And i agree, M4's should be in this game, or atleast a fancy new version of it.

LOVE IT!

But I want to see also these things--

3d editor

Standalone factions -- you will can setup for example USA vs. Russia, or USMC vs. Israeli...something like a diplomacy between single factions.

EPIC work! I want to see trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats BI! You keep old PC gamers like me very happy and you deserve all of the success :)

im with him