Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Seeing how we get this time warp thing as a first thought and the wall brings me to berlin and the cold war, is it possible that the current situation is sort of like a cold war with Iran/Persia? I also know that outerra is going to be used in some alpha demo game to try and develop it more. It was stated "in a few months" back in march. If Miller is a character in game, then he is involved. The physics with the wall is interesting aswell. The relevance of greece is also intriguing, they are also somehow involved. The tatra truck is modelled already in outerra and featured in a few demo videos. The relevance of all the world wars spanning large areas also brings me to the outerra engine.

World conquerers, "the world will change", the map, the global events, it has some relevance to my theory.

I know that this seems a little far fetched and myself am a bit sceptic, but its what im thinking with the evidence we have. I am having a hard time convincing myself, so dont think i really think its going to be this, just an idea that came to mind.

After reflecting on everything, I am forced to come to this conclusion as well. The outerra dev blog (or perhaps another page I read earlier that linked to it, too lazy to look it up now) mentioned being contacted by a prominent milsim developer for the use of their technology. Hmm. Given the outerra devs are, near as I can tell, Czech, that might indicate your post is not as far out as it might seem.

After reflecting on everything, I am forced to come to this conclusion as well. The outerra dev blog (or perhaps another page I read earlier that linked to it, too lazy to look it up now) mentioned being contacted by a prominent milsim developer for the use of their technology. Hmm. Given the outerra devs are, near as I can tell, Czech, that might indicate your post is not as far out as it might seem.

Outerra would allow us to have the whole world to play in, why focus on a small Greek island? ;)

^ you'd still have to populate the world with stuff. Unless you had a procedural generator for towns/roads... not impossible.

^ you'd still have to populate the world with stuff. Unless you had a procedural generator for towns/roads... not impossible.

Obviously, but would you seriously use a random Greek island in your promotional campaign when you can use the whole world instead? :rolleyes:

Well, why this is off topic, it would take a great deal of QA time to ensure everything was right in the 'entire' world, plus all the assets you'd have to make, and to make sure each was in the right place etc. With one island, you can control that, and it probably fits into the story they are creating.

While, I'd like to believe this is about using Outerra, it's still speculation. Same as T_D's answer, though it is a good answer and I currently think it is the answer, it may not be the right one. I mean, Ascii characters have 7-bits, those 21 numbers may be 3 letters. (yes, I know the math doesn't work because of the senary, just an example...)

I'm just sitting here waiting for some input on how that event on environmental development and "other things" went. Anyone go there? Facebook doesn't have any info...

I'm just sitting here waiting for some input on how that event on environmental development and "other things" went. Anyone go there? Facebook doesn't have any info...

Hear hear :cheers:

Just about any engine upgrade or enhancement at this stage would be sweet music to me ears.

Obviously, but would you seriously use a random Greek island in your promotional campaign when you can use the whole world instead? :rolleyes:

Don't confuse this game with the promo campaign. This stuff is just pre-announcement. They did have maps of europe and all that. I think the best arguments against the appearance of exterra have nothing to do with the game content.

What is Ivan's nickname? Maybe somebody could PM him on the forums asking for some highlights? :)

I dont know if anyone else noticed this. But using only the yes/no numbers in binary gives 2011 in decimal. Still trying to figure out the multiple choice ones.

sorry, just saw wiki was updated.

Depends on what the world offers in terms of terrain and variety, primarily in terms of terrain. Outtera's engine looks wonderful but incorporating that into a game could be a tad more difficult.

yeah thats just a prop from arma 2. it doesnt actually do anything.

yeah thats just a prop from arma 2. it doesnt actually do anything.

Pretty sure the deck gun use useable via the arty computer.

Not the vanilla one

Only the one from the ANZAC mod which fire ESSM missiles, harpoon missiles, the Mk 45 127mm gun (with Gun effects) and a Phalanx 20mm gun for the Royal New Zealand Navy version

I really hope something related to navy vessels comes soon

Is anyone else not convinced that the answers lead to that date?

Could it be a code to send back to seeker.exe?

or timeborer?

Is anyone else not convinced that the answers lead to that date?

Could it be a code to send back to seeker.exe?

or timeborer?

Nope, I'm pretty sure the May 19th date is correct. It fits perfectly.

Stop overthinking things.

Hear hear :cheers:

Just about any engine upgrade or enhancement at this stage would be sweet music to me ears.

maybe it was for press only, so they get the low down on whats to come so they can right big reviews for the big reveil day :confused:

Darn the 19th, i hoped for the 18th lets call it a late birthday gift then :D

Anyway i hope it is correct, good job on those that did all the brain storming :yay:

kind regards.

I hope it won't be somekind new RTS game with Naval units or Naval Simulation :p

I hope it won't be somekind new RTS game with Naval units or Naval Simulation :p

Hmmm something in the line of Empire total war naval battles? :p why not? lets say if they implement something like that in ArmA2 with modern warfare ships.

Playable units:

Cruisers - battle ships - Flight carriers - LHD's would make the package pretty much more variated no?

Edit: oh oh wait don't forget the subs!! :p

kind regards

Edited by KBourne

You mean Carrier Command? :D

But no, at this point I'm pretty sure it's either going to be a new Arma2 expansion pack or the announcement of a sequel.

You mean Carrier Command? :D

But no, at this point I'm pretty sure it's either going to be a new Arma2 expansion pack or the announcement of a sequel.

Well i think the chance is 99.99% Sure it will be ArmA2 related! I am in no doubt about that, it is already claimed by a dev on a other topic that they had yet un announced contend in the making for ArmA2 together with 2 new projects TOH and CC ;)

Edited by KBourne