Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Retaliation for their insider getting caught?

I think that's just there cover story

AAN/ION are still down

Woah hold the phone guys. Einherjer has a picture on his page that is the same as from the 2nd hack.

HOWEVER it doesn't have the submarine and has morse code embeded (einherjer at me dot com) and there are coordinates on the billboard. I'm sure there are others just quick glance.

Maybe you just decided to take the exact picture (same spot) and put random crap on it. Or...... :O

The QR code in his profile leads HERE

Edit:

Coordinates are:

+48 18' 20.95"

+8 14' 12.27"

If I'm putting them into google right, it puts me near Wolfach, Germany?

Edited by WackyIraqi

I realize how you generate a QR code. What I'm saying is go to the link in his QR code and download the picture there. You will see there is morse code embeded in the top right and GPS coordinates in bottom right of billboard.

You will also not see any of the submarine connect-the-dots stuff in the picture.

That thing just makes qr codes, I quess u have to find qr code reader somewhere

I used my phone and scanned it. The link it gave me is in my earlier post.

Woah hold the phone guys. Einherjer has a picture on his page that is the same as from the 2nd hack. ........

Why do you care if someone has a QR code as his avatar pic? The hacks are over.

Why do you care if someone has a QR code as his avatar pic? The hacks are over.

I thought/think they are too. But his picture is the same as the one from the hack WITHOUT any of the astute/submarine marks on it. Plus there is morse code and coordinates.

Now.. either he was really bored and just felt like doing that, or its something else.

...he was really bored and just felt like doing that....

^^ This.

I could remove the roman numerals and letters on that pic too - give me five minutes in Photoshop/Gimp. Adding new stuff after that is easy.

Again, the real hacks are over. Play your games elsewhere, guys.

Edited by MadDogX

*Snip*

If I'm putting them into google right, it puts me near Wolfach, Germany?

Notable history of the city of Wolfach:

On April 21, 1945, before fleeing the city, the Gestapo took the French resistants and political prisonners held in the prison of Wolfach to a forest outside of the city, forced them to dig their graves, and shot them on the spot, only three hours before the arrival of the French 2nd Armored Division commanded by General Leclerc.[2]

Resistence connection to earlier found clues?

You are probably right. Oh well. Thought I was on to somethin :o

Its a cold turkey mate, because you are missing new puzzles badly :D

Hey guys - the ARG just inspired me to make an Avatar that contains some Information about me and my homecity - it don't belongs to the ARG itself.

But right in 1945, just a few days before the allied troops marches in the Gestapo killed the French prisoners and blowed up the Bridge in the North of the town. Our House, that was standing nearby got some demage from the Explosion.

The coordinates leads to a nice Place in the Forest, whitch is my favorite Bikeroute ;)

And the Morse Code? ;)

Now you Know something about Wolfach in the Black forest

But now back to topic

Edit:

The Grave (its a memorial Today) is here:

Edited by Einherjer

Hey guys - the ARG just inspired me to make an Avatar that contains some Information about me and my homecity - it don't belongs to the ARG itself.

You got some peeps excited though. :p

Anyway, I'm wondering what to do with the AEnigma Wiki once BIS has made their announcement tomorrow. Depending on the level of detail we recieve on any upcoming projects, it may be useful to keep it around for more speculation (especially if they're announcing Arma3) - but I'm not sure that many people will still use the wiki, now that we're not solving a new puzzle every other day.

I'm also not sure it's worth keeping the AE wiki running purely for the sake of archiving our info on the hacks. I would rather summarize everything into a single article on the BI Wiki.

What do you guys think?

PS: I would like to thank Da12thMonkey, Dale, Daniel, Derbysieger, Farnsworth, Hedo, Kaelas, NoFu, PuFu, Soeren, UnuldorCZ, WackyIraqi and all the anonymous contributors for maintaining the wiki and keeping it up to date in near-realtime. :D

I know it's all over and stuff, but one thing that has been bothering me about the fifth picture (though it's probably been said ten times already):

The little road-side twigs in the foreground are not casting any shadows on the road, while the pole further back is. That is weird.

Just got to wait and see, but what if all assumptions of May 19th are wrong, what then.

I don't know about you, but if that happens I'll go get an ice cream. The green kind. Or maybe a red one, I like those too.

I need to make up my mind as to the fifth picture before any announcements, cause I have bets riding on whether it's real or not. Right now I am in the real camp, but my bags are rapidly getting packed.

Just got to wait and see, but what if all assumptions of May 19th are wrong, what then.

May 19th was confirmed on AAN.

As for the fifth pic, I'm in the "photoshopped photo" camp, though the missing shadows in the foreground are admittedly a little odd. Best not to get our hopes up though. An engine that can deliver that kind of amazing visual quality seems too good to be true.

Edited by MadDogX

Nah, I think I am going to jump camps and say it's ingame. A man has to take a stand. Or several, as the case may be...

Hopefully I'll get to point my finger and go "HA-ha" after the announcement.

@MadDogX

Perhaps when it ends someone could put a short summary of the entire ARG on the main page of AE, and then leave the other pages as a little piece of archieved history :D

I see your point though I'm not sure if many people will read the individual pages once it's over...

This person was an employee of Bohemia, working in the electronic security department. Although developers did not want to reveal their name an inside source from the company told us it was the junior security officer, Miss KoÄka HlaváÄová.

LOL. KoÄka means "cat" in Czech - very appropriate for a "Persian" insider, no?

@MadDogX

Perhaps when it ends someone could put a short summary of the entire ARG on the main page of AE, and then leave the other pages as a little piece of archieved history :D

I see your point though I'm not sure if many people will read the individual pages once it's over...

Unless the AE wiki is actively being used for something, I would rather take it down altogether and summarize the info we've gathered on a BI Community Wiki page. No point in maintaining a whole website/wiki just for the sake of archiving info on an old ARG, right? ;)

But we'll see what happens tomorrow. If they really do announce Arma3, there may still be a need for a place to gather speculation and tidbits of information. :)

May 19th was confirmed on AAN.

As for the fifth pic, I'm in the "photoshopped photo" camp, though the missing shadows in the foreground are admittedly a little odd. Best not to get our hopes up though. An engine that can deliver that kind of amazing visual quality seems too good to be true.

Not necessarily, I think many engines of today are more than capable of rendering lifelike graphics but they prefer 'realistic'. That is to say more bloom, overly brighter skies etc...or the overuse of brown.

Forget about ArmA3, this won't happen... that's just not possible.