When i updated to version 1.1 i could no longer get onto my server. Even though i have all the right keys installed on the server and i could get on with 1.0 just fine. It kicks me for unsigned files: tracerswar.pbo

Any idea why this file isnt working?

When i updated to version 1.1 i could no longer get onto my server. Even though i have all the right keys installed on the server and i could get on with 1.0 just fine. It kicks me for unsigned files: tracerswar.pbo

Any idea why this file isnt working?

Same here, figured it was something my end, although it still could be...

The mod kicks ass, it's a permanent part of my command line. Playing without this is like playing without a sound mod... Thanks OS! :)

This looks great! I love the more realistic looking tracers, and I'll need a better system to play the other effects properly.

Btw, I noticed that the YakB-12.7 gun on the Mi-24V still fires the stock tracers.

I think ACE tracers are much more realistic

Then don't include @WarFX-Tracers in your shortcut.

Are Blastcore tracer effects compatible with BD's Tracer Lights mod?

Great to see it out to the public now as I could tell, they would love it and they certainly did! :)

This is a great milestone for how visual effects should look like in Arma2. You did an outstanding job with this OS! The wait was worth it for sure!

Now Im very much looking forward to the soundpack with distant sounds and everything.

I also hope my own recordings and other sounds will be in it.

Ill go out and record some more in the spring with tzuper-high-quality equipment. Its too cold now to go out and record.

Maybe I can record some footsteps in the snow atleast? :D

I love the muzzleflashes, but some are a little buggy on my comp. Sometimes only half of them are showing up, especially when looking at someone from the side of him when he's shooting. But since Noone has every done what you've done, I could never complain on anything.

You're the man and I hope you'll stay in the Arma world a little bit in the future aswell. :D Merry x-mas to you and everyone else.

It's weak of me to have a hangover before christmas eve. :D

maybe a very stupid question but the data folder in update 1.1 goes or in the Dta or in the userconfig? and do i need to do something with the ccp file that i see in there or is that not needed??

no readme so want to be sure

(btw: nice mod :yay: )

thanks

U dont need any data folders. Just replace the old pbofileswith the new ones and ure done.

ACE tracers are too short and small. Due to the lack of motion blur for objects in arma2 they look too short. To make a compromise you'd have to stretch them a bit to make them look like they are blurred, like warFX did.

I made a ticket on it but people are misunderstanding my idea - I guess I need to mod them myself. :-/

When i get in the Bradly/linebraker there is 0 ammo for maingun, then i can reload and it works fine, this without warfx.

With warfx same thing only there is no reload option in menu so maingun cant be used, stingers/at machinegun works like normal, just not maingun 40mm or what it is.

^just checked this with both empty Linebacker and a full one with the player-as-commander option. No issues. Linebacker and Bradleys are fully loaded in vanilla OA by default, the issue is definitely caused by some other mod.

----

Glad you fixed the sun flare.

Also compared to R1 the performance in R1.1 has been vastly improved.

Previously when 4 tanks were battling 4 tanks and some infantry at night in the desert the performance was going down to 15-20 FPS, now it stays at ~40.

Hope the bugfixes will be released frequently.

Edited by metalcraze

;1819478']Couldn´t connect to server because of "Tracersrwar.pbo". too... :(

Damn i forgot to sign the tracer files after making the new pbo' date=' erm i dont wanna update the whole blastcore package all again, so il just update the tracers pbo with updated sigs. Man talk about a dodge release or what i serously suck at releasing stuff.

[url']http://www.filefront.com/thankyou.php?f=17696667[/url]

Could you also please fix the following errors ?

Cannot evaluate 'ReadAndWrite' - no file

Conflicting addon WarFXPE in 'warfxpe\loading\', previous definition in 'warfxpe\'

Updating base class F35_base->Plane, by warfxveh\config.bin/CfgVehicles/F35B/

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayStart/controls/Text

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayStart/controls/Progress

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayStart/controls/Progress2

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/TextLoad

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/Progress

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/Progress2

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/TextLoad

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/Progress

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/Progress2

Specially the Updating base class RPT entries are not only annoying but can cause problems.

Thanks.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Dorph;1819438']When i get in the Bradly/linebraker there is 0 ammo for maingun' date=' then i can reload and it works fine, this without warfx.

With warfx same thing only there is no reload option in menu so maingun cant be used, stingers/at machinegun works like normal, just not maingun 40mm or what it is.[/quote']

Hmm thats interesting, i get that too, I thought that someone had just spammed off the main gun ammo before i got into the linebacker on our server.

Maybe there is something to this bug.

Problem is it could be related to the patch that came with PCM, does it still happen with 1.57 also?

Here is a comparison video Warfx Blastcore compared with BIS default and realworld effects!

bTq8atxUuwQ

Awesome work OpticalSnare :cool:

Edited by A6-Intruder

This is a great collection of FX, but I've got a few issues with it.

For instance, should the flash from the BMP-2's autocannon really be about as large as the vehicle itself?

2a6o3rp.jpg

2nbuc84.jpg

I'm really liking most of what you guys have done here and I appreciate the enormous amount of effort you must have put in. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but to me this gigantic flash looks very strange.

Both. I use CSM2 for movement sound and gear sounds (in JSRS walking on rocks sounds like you walk on a grass and there is no sound when you crawl through bushes) and JSRS for everything else. Mix them for the perfect experience.

Did you throw all the mods inside or you configured everything nicely?

Did you throw all the mods inside or you configured everything nicely?

I removed all environmental and gear related sounds (I think that's only 2 pbos - one had 'movement' in its title or something) from JSRS and dropped CSM2_c_EnvSnd.pbo, CSM2_c_Gear.pbo.CSM2, CSM2_s_EnvSnd.pbo and CSM2_s_Gear.pbo.CSM2 into JSRS addon folder. Works perfectly so far (2 or 3 weeks)

Absolutely LOVE this mod, but is there anything you could do about the white sparkles or whatever they are that come out when you shoot, It's part of the muzzle flash but looks really strange when shooting down the sight of an Eotech or Aimpoint, ACOG, etc.

Maybe tone it down alot for hand held rifles. That's my only gripe.

Extremely good job OP. I love this.

OS, is there any plan to make ground based missile launches kick up dust? I know that MLRS, BM-21 GRAD and Tunguskas, among others, kick up a lot of dust when they fire missiles.

<- MLRS

<- Tunguska

<- GRAD

:D

Has anyone else noticed some strange behaviour with all of the grenade launchers?

I've tested all of the GL's and for some reason all rifle based GLs are firing grenades much further than usual, to the point that I need to aim approx 20% down to hit targets about 30 mtrs away.

Added to this weirdness is what appears to be a dead zone for grenade strikes, in between approx 30 mtrs and 100mtrs, grenades simply won't land. Using an auto GL I can "walk" the 'nades up to 30mtrs, as I continue to raise the sights of the GL 'nades keep landing on the same spot, then suddenly they start landing again at 100 mtrs and continue on "normally" from there.

For the sake of testing I only used warFX blastcore and CBA v0.7.2.

All in all I think warFX is a kick arse excellent mod, thanks for your efforts Optical.

;1819959']Has anyone else noticed some strange behaviour with all of the grenade launchers?

I've tested all of the GL's and for some reason all rifle based GLs are firing grenades much further than usual' date=' to the point that I need to aim approx 20% down to hit targets about 30 mtrs away.

Added to this weirdness is what appears to be a dead zone for grenade strikes, in between approx 30 mtrs and 100mtrs, grenades simply won't land. Using an auto GL I can "walk" the 'nades up to 30mtrs, as I continue to raise the sights of the GL 'nades keep landing on the same spot, then suddenly they start landing again at 100 mtrs and continue on "normally" from there.

For the sake of testing I only used warFX blastcore and CBA v0.7.2.

All in all I think warFX is a kick arse excellent mod, thanks for your efforts Optical.[/quote']

I have seen exactly what you are talking about.