happy new year and just 1 thing i notixed when firing with 50cal i think its for all 50 cal round weapons when you shoot at enemy tanks or at steel the sparkles come in a square animantion should be circle would look better just that thing was also in the older warfx.

Thanks OS for the picture and explanation of the lighting filter. It does make a huge difference on deserty maps, looks awesome and i cant believe i thought it was lighting on the smoke lol.

Happy new year mate.

For some reason the bikey for tracers is not compatible with the pbo.

Confirmed that.

Hey OS great work man. I just wanted to say I use it with I44 mod and it makes the bazookas and panzerfaust's look awesome. I appreciate your work since warFX and blastcore is great. Look forward to the full version, happy new year.

AWESOME , thanks OS. only thing to report is that the 50 cal spark impacts (to a tank) make a nasty square and delete themselves very quickly. Everything else is exactly how it should be . the tracers are absolutely incredible as well.

well done good sir .

AWESOME ' date=' thanks OS. only thing to report is that the 50 cal spark impacts (to a tank) make a nasty square and delete themselves very quickly. Everything else is exactly how it should be . the tracers are absolutely incredible as well.

well done good sir .[/quote']

Sometimes if your FPS is low the sparks wont emit properly and can result in making blobs of sparks or as you said squares.

Had an issue last night during an MP game whereby Enemy AI are invincible to bullets... Was running ACE with WarFX Blastcore. I believe this is a known issue, just wish I'd known about it!

Had an issue last night during an MP game whereby Enemy AI are invincible to bullets... Was running ACE with WarFX Blastcore. I believe this is a known issue, just wish I'd known about it!

Cheers for making the video... about time we got some footage on this.

Opticalsnare, I can confirm this is also a huge issue, it seems the common trait here is ACE... do you have any idea what could be causing it? Perhaps you've changed an ammo class resulting in no damage configuration?

Everyone who ran this mod in HC had the no damage issue.

I have succesfully produced a patch opticalsnare... I'll PM you with details soon as some stuff was puzzling me with your mod. Patch has been tested and completely fixes any ACE incompatability.

Edited by rexehuk

Cheers for making the video... about time we got some footage on this.

Opticalsnare, I can confirm this is also a huge issue, it seems the common trait here is ACE... do you have any idea what could be causing it? Perhaps you've changed an ammo class resulting in no damage configuration?

Everyone who ran this mod in HC had the no damage issue.

I have succesfully produced a patch opticalsnare... I'll PM you with details soon as some stuff was puzzling me with your mod. Patch has been tested and completely fixes any ACE incompatability.

As stated in the PM this isnt a fix, its more of a bodge which isnt going to work because it ends up breaking otherthings in the mod and in future simply wont work for expanding it futher, ripping apart the mod to make it compatible isnt the solution. Thanks for helping tho, obv i know its a problem and will hopfully it will be fixed sometime this month.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Sounds good

EDIT: No it doesn´t, that happens when you post at the same time as OS...

As stated, I'm happy to lose shell ejection / muzzle flash for now, as long as it means I can use the mod with ACE and get the effects for explosions etc. Yes it's a bodge, but atleast it's working and not causing serious issues on servers, i.e. units not dying, I have no intrest spending hours/days fixing someone elses work.

I also asked politely if i breaks anything and if so to let me know, was by no means submitting it as a FINAL solution to the issue, I thought people might enjoy being able to use this mod with ACE for the timebeing. For now the patch will be kept to myself, which is fair enough as it is not an official fix.

Edited by rexehuk

As stated, I'm happy to lose shell ejection / muzzle flash for now, as long as it means I can use the mod with ACE and get the effects for explosions etc. Yes it's a bodge, but atleast it's working and not causing serious issues on servers, i.e. units not dying, I have no intrest spending hours/days fixing someone elses work.

I also asked politely if i breaks anything and if so to let me know, was by no means submitting it as a FINAL solution to the issue, I thought people might enjoy being able to use this mod with ACE for the timebeing. For now the patch will be kept to myself, which is fair enough as it is not an official fix.

Sorry rex i didnt mean to sound rude, i can understand that you want to help and i shouldnt have been so direct. I dont play with ACE and ever since i been making my mods theres always been a problem with the compatibility. I get annoyed when people start demanding that i make my stuff compatible with ACE regardless. I dont dislike ACE i just find it changes too many things and obv causes problems with my own work i plan to do. Its almost like being told i should base my work alround someones else mod, insted of working from the actual game. Maybe my stuff and ACE will never be fully compatible, i will admit sometimes i just dont give a shit. I will try to make my mod as compatible as i can with others, but sometimes im just happy making my stuff with what i use myself regardless of other mods i dont use personnaly.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Sorry rex i didnt mean to sound rude, i can understand that you want to help and i shouldnt have been so direct. I dont play with ACE and ever since i been making my mods theres always been a problem with the compatibility. I get annoyed when people start demanding that i make my stuff compatible with ACE regardless. I dont dislike ACE i just find it changes too many things and obv causes problems with my own work i plan to do. Its almost like being told i should base my work alround someones else mod, insted of working from the actual game. Maybe my stuff and ACE will never be fully compatible, i will admit sometimes i just dont give a shit. I will try to make my mod as compatible as i can with others, but sometimes im just happy making my stuff with what i use myself regardless of other mods i dont use personnaly.

Thank you!! I DON'T want to loose effects just so it's compatible with ACE (which I also don't use). Nothing against the ACE team; but people shouldn't expect mod makers to make their mods compatible with ACE. Standalone is just fine with me.

Keep up the great work OS, and thanks again!

Its almost like being told i should base my work alround someones else mod, insted of working from the actual game.

You're not alone in thinking this is wrong, mate.

PS Thanks for the new bikey.

Yea guys, give OS a break. If compatibility can be reached, it would be great, but it should not go at the cost of features or intended behaviour.

It get's rather annoying being constantly bombarded with these demands.

The nature of some modifications and the nature of the game do not always go hand in hand with compatibility :-)

But i'm willing to look into the matter and assist with (3rd party) compatibility workaround, are there any details on the cause?

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy, the cause is down to the designation of new CFGMAGAZINES, removing that fixes ALL issues with the enemies not dying with ACE and has been tested on a few clients last night over a few hours with 0 issues.

There are a lot of magazine classes patched... it would be a fair bit of work to make it ACE compat, atleast a few hours reworking it (as far as I can see), but you may know another method.

You'll need to be patching the WarFXWeps.pbo, if you need anything else covered I'm in the skype TT DH channel.

@ Opticalsnare - Couldn't agree more about the compat with large mods etc, I'm the exact same way. Was just offering a solution for those that do, and would understand if you didnt want to put time in to fix it properly, I know I wouldn't! As I've said on many occassions, it's a brilliant mod so the ACE should find the incentive to sort something out if possible.

Thanks. The problem seems not limited to ACE. The cause should be the new magazines/ammo classes, while not everyone on the server (incl the server) uses WarFX. This will cause inexistend ammo/magazines and therefore unexpected results, which shouldn't be limited to ACE, but Multiplayer in general.

Some pages back I described how you can have different effects for different vehicles even when they share the same ammo, I'd be glad to help out if wanted. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1820697#post1820697

Example:

1. Replace the BIS Effect (/Fired EH) script, with a script that:

- reads getArray(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _vehicle >> "WarFX_CustomSettings")

- uses that data for the effect placement etc.

2. Add WarFX_CustomSettings[] = {0,1,2,3...}; inside CfgVehicles with the data needed for the customization.

Anyway, my intention is not to step on any toes..

Edited by Sickboy

I assume that's related to the issue I was having back on page 24? Glad it's been found. :D

Iv just tryed out the Tracers and there really nice, but i see that the infantry weapons Tracers are very big like the main gun for the bradly's Tracers. Think in the next update we could see them a little smaller like in your old Tracers mod? Keeps the good work going.