;1819959']Has anyone else noticed some strange behaviour with all of the grenade launchers?

I've tested all of the GL's and for some reason all rifle based GLs are firing grenades much further than usual' date=' to the point that I need to aim approx 20% down to hit targets about 30 mtrs away.

Added to this weirdness is what appears to be a dead zone for grenade strikes, in between approx 30 mtrs and 100mtrs, grenades simply won't land. Using an auto GL I can "walk" the 'nades up to 30mtrs, as I continue to raise the sights of the GL 'nades keep landing on the same spot, then suddenly they start landing again at 100 mtrs and continue on "normally" from there.

For the sake of testing I only used warFX blastcore and CBA v0.7.2.

All in all I think warFX is a kick arse excellent mod, thanks for your efforts Optical.[/quote']

Yup as i mentioned it before, same problem here!

This mod is EPIC. :yay:

I have to post some videos soon, it looks absolutely phenomenal when blowing apart walls with RPG rounds.

In one of my custom missions an abrams was engaged in intense fighting on the outskirts of Zargabad but I couldn't see it properly because of all the dust that had been stirred up around it from explosions, but I could see the magnificent muzzle flashes from it's.50 cal. It looked almost real.

Hey mate this is a great mod :)

But i have a problem:

The main gun of the LAV 25 has no ammo, making it unusable in SP and MP missions...

And I have tested it only with WarFX and CBA ( the latest version ), and some tweaks addons...

EDIT:

It seems that the addon "TGW vehicle fixes" cause this problem, I hope that someone can help me, because I don't really want eliminate this useful addon :(

Edited by MrStregatto

ok some more:

it happened very often with guns like the tunguska

ah-64d, the minigun....

i get the error message "cannot open object xxx"

and i dont have the shells

can sb help me?

Thank you Opticalsnare,

for this amazing mod.

Edited by Pteradon

Yup as i mentioned it before, same problem here!

And as been said before, it WAS a known bug and fixed in RC1.1

If you have RC1.1, then chances are you have other mods that are conflicting because all grenade launchers work fine AFAICT

Can I get rid of the old WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41 now?

Foaming at the mouth for this mod to work fully with ACE :D

Sort of a bummer to see regular BIS smoke plumes during a mission.

Foaming at the mouth for this mod to work fully with ACE :D

Sort of a bummer to see regular BIS smoke plumes during a mission.

you should ask the ACE guys to make their mod compatible with blastcore

not the other way round :D

Does anyone use blastcore with SLX?

I used it with both SLX and ACE2, but I found that the hardwired particle limit was reached very quickly, so all particles kept disappearing. I think it's a matter of choosing what effects you like best and losing the others unfortunately.

I used it with both SLX and ACE2, but I found that the hardwired particle limit was reached very quickly, so all particles kept disappearing. I think it's a matter of choosing what effects you like best and losing the others unfortunately.

Does having blastcore first in the mod order change anything with this? I have the SLX and ACE running (can't play without those) and the particles are hardly visible. Just wish I could dissable all graphics related save blastcore's. What conclusion did you come to with the SLX and ACE2 as far as dealing with blastcore?

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Does having blastcore first in the mod order change anything with this? I have the SLX and ACE running (can't play without those) and the particles are hardly visible. Just wish I could dissable all graphics related save blastcore's. What conclusion did you come to with the SLX and ACE2 as far as dealing with blastcore?

Well you can more or less remove any of SLX's addons that you don't need, as it is entirely modular apart from a very few dependencies. But ACE2 you're rather stuck, as it's an all-or-nothing mod.

Tried the mod, but I don't see any cannon flash and dustwave when I fire the tank cannon. I use ace and gl4 with this mod, anyone has the same problem?

Small weapons, as ak74, m16 etc , all effects work fine, beautiful muzzle flash, like it.

Tried the mod, but I don't see any cannon flash and dustwave when I fire the tank cannon. I use ace and gl4 with this mod, anyone has the same problem?

Small weapons, as ak74, m16 etc , all effects work fine, beautiful muzzle flash, like it.

Ive not got round using it with the mods you mention but i know for sure gl4 adds its own effects good chance ace does aswell it might be why your having problems.

You can disable gl4 effects in userconfig not sure about ace.

Anyways this was nice surprize for christmas OS thanks for everything i love it :D

I use it with ACE and the particels disappear very fast for me....

you should ask the ACE guys to make their mod compatible with blastcore

not the other way round :D

Yeah sure because ACE is just a small tiny mod that barely has any impact on arma2 gameplay and the DEVs have absolutely nothing to do. Sure they should adapt their mod to blast core. Because blast core does not fuck up hit detection systems at all by not using per-frame scripting.

Fanboy bull dude... Think before you post.

@OpticalSnare - no hard feelings, appreciate your work. Its just the blind fanboy attitude that caught my attention. You should ask around for per-frame scripting though to make your stuff work better in a multiplayer environment. I put 10 rounds into a dude from 20m and he didn't drop. Back to 1.41 Beta now, as many from my community did too.

Edited by megagoth1702

I don't mind to help narrowing down the issues in combination with ACE mod.

I would need exact repro steps and repro mission (on desert island), and screenshots of the expected and observed effect.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new

As a full conversion mod, we also replace default particle fx, but our objective mainly has been to optimize the existing bis scripts and to remove the dreaded setVehicleInit calls and replace them with CBA events system.

Perhaps this is why you see reduced effects in combination with ACE, conflicting/overriding/reduced/doubling up effects.

Additionally we have our Vehicle Damage simulation system which handles damage and destruction of (armored) vehicles differently.

We take great care about scripting performance (as well as compatibility), we simply have to with such a mass of scripted features, and especially with the latest CBA we've further improved this, so I don't think it will be related to that.

As to perFrame scripting; this is not a general solution to everything. It is a specific solution to specific problems/systems,

most importantly, it is used for systems that are sensitive to timing, and require (near) perFrame actions, but more importantly; guaranteed execution. (An example of such system is the guidance system of hellfire missiles)

Something that cannot be guaranteed by ordinary scripting as of ArmA 2, as code can be scheduled to run (much) later.

Especially in a climate where many mods are combined used, and missions contain (heavy) scripting, in combination with perhaps unoptimized/broken scripts, the effects of this become more problematic.

I would not recommend perFrame scripting for effects. If scripting performance becomes a problem due to scheduling, I would first look at optimizing the code from event call to effect generation.

But again, I think it rather is caused by a conflict or doubling up of effects, than anything else.

Lastly there is of course the particle limit of the game; there can only be x-amount of particle effects running ingame, which works like FIFO;

When the limit is reached, the first effects in the list, will be removed first, to make place for new ones.

We all have to deal with the limitations and boundaries of the game, and share.

As to the damage problem, not sure if that is in conjunction with ACE, but I can't repro it; perhaps it's because you have "Enhanced Armor" difficulty setting enabled.

Need repro; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new

On a sidenote;

A suggestion re the new Ammo/Magazine classes solely for the purpose to be able to differentiate between different vehicles sharing the same weapons/ammo, and different effect behaviours;

this creates a incompatibility issue to people on the same server that do not run the WarFX mod (which isn't intended I think, as an effects mod?).

Additionally it breaks with other mods who add new or adjust magazines.

If the purpose is only to differentiate between types of vehicles, I would recommend reverting the new magazines and magazines[] overrides, and instead checking for typeOf (_this select 0) in the fired eventhandler (or more elaborate by adding warfx config properties to the vehicles, and reading them with getNumber/getText/getArray etc),

and using that information to alter the effects instead.

Edited by Sickboy

Optical, the 203 is off aim, can you look into it?

Thank you for this great mod

Two questions:

Blastcore is it the same as Visual Effects ?

Lighting , What kind of changes does this make?

Thank you for this great mod

Two questions:

Blastcore is it the same as Visual Effects ?

Lighting , What kind of changes does this make?

In the download file, each mod is in a different folder. They have Read Mes to explain all the optional addons :)

The lighting I think adds the right lighting to the smoke and explosions etc in a dry desert like envirnoment