On the (amazing) helos lights back there, they are all blinking in sync, little weird.. Thats just because all IAs turn them on on the same time or thats how the engine works?

On the (amazing) helos lights back there, they are all blinking in sync, little weird.. Thats just because all IAs turn them on on the same time or thats how the engine works?

Yeh the script was just activated at the same time, although i do need to make some kinda of activation setup. Any ideas?

Edited by Opticalsnare

That is the mission maker not paying attention to detail and adding a small delay between heli start ups to make them out of synch, you will see all the rotors turning in synch too.

No offence intended Opticalsnare, as it is probably just a demo to show off the good lighting effects. ;)

Those making proper vids and missions take note however, it's an immersion breaker.

Love the sound mod, i would suggest for all high caliber weapons (like the m2 , KORD, DSHK) to have loud unmistakeable bullet cracks, like the m4s current one, other than that really happy with it

Is anyone have problems with the blastcore beta soundmod bikey or bisigns not working on a signature server?

i found a bug in your sound cfg look on your BAF_L110A1_Aim

as sound begin you have 0.05 and not 0.25 you ahve 4 samples

just want help

nice sounds but too long make them to 2.5-3 sec long cause when you change weapon you still have sound from the gun before .

Yeh the script was just activated at the same time, although i do need to make some kinda of activation setup. Any ideas?

Can you use the sleep function to delay when the script is sent to each AI unit?

Well i think im gonna try and add some sort of action menu to enable and disable them. Hopfully then the mission maker can decide when and where the AI can turn them on or off, etc.

Meh i cant work this out.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Sorry to be a pain Os but are you sure the Keys are working for dedi servers for the beta sound mod?

Unfortunately i have to inform you, that your audio effects beta server keys are not working properly.

Well i think im gonna try and add some sort of action menu to enable and disable them. Hopfully then the mission maker can decide when and where the AI can turn them on or off, etc.

Meh i cant work this out.

If you create an add action script pointing at a lights on & lights off sqf, i think also it can be added scroll wheel menu.

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/common/fnc_addPlayerAction-sqf.html

Hope that helps, fraid i cant do much more than suggest at the moment.

Well i might just put it on hold for the time being, i can do the scripts for all the aircraft but the mission makers will just have to exec them via unit init.

Video

Arma 2 Vanilla + Blastcore Warfx and sound Effects BETA

Xe5MKJO2erM

OpticalSnare: so, what are the "online" issues? Would you recommend it for our squad pack or not?

I don't know if this has been asked but I didn't have time to read 67 pages of posts. I downloaded Blastcore the other day and noticed when running the mod the Bradley M242 doesn't have any ammo and won't reload at veh service points either.

@MacBoy thats an known issue and will be fixed in the next version

i have an question to you OS have you planned to make staying cartridges in the next version R1.2 ? This would be an feature that can enhance the immersion enormously

Greets PP

Edited by PurePassion

Hey OpticalSnare, I tried the soundmod beta, it was absolutely brilliant, except for the sound cutting out which you already know about, but otherwise I really like it, the M134 minigun is a stand out, but with the Partical effects I thought the trail behind the M240 rounds on the Bradley and Abrams was awesome, I was thinking, you should try to add it to snipers, so you can sort of see the bullet without using tracers, like when in real life you can see the air dispersion behind the bullet.

I have to say, I've been using the soundmod in combination with a few other bits n' bobs (Konrad's sonic cracks, RWS's vehicle stuff, etc) for whatever Blastcore doesn't replace and told the people I frequently play with to try it as well and have to say it's a pretty unanimous feeling of Blastcore's "Winning!". We really love how much immersion it adds--especially with the distanced sounds. It's almost as if you're watching combat footage from the news or something.

Other than the sound cutting, there hasn't been anything noticeably wrong or buggy when in MP. The only complaint (and I use that very loosely) from some is that the weapons could use a bit sharper punch to it. But again, it's a very minor observation than an outright complaint. For a beta, this is just insane how much better it feels (and sounds!) playing ArmA now. You managed to do something I always dreamed of hearing in ArmA and for that I (and I'm sure others here as well) applaud your hard work, mate. Simply fantastic!

Hey OpticalSnare, I tried the soundmod beta, it was absolutely brilliant, except for the sound cutting out which you already know about, but otherwise I really like it, the M134 minigun is a stand out, but with the Partical effects I thought the trail behind the M240 rounds on the Bradley and Abrams was awesome, I was thinking, you should try to add it to snipers, so you can sort of see the bullet without using tracers, like when in real life you can see the air dispersion behind the bullet.

Normally that visual effect is quite rare in RL, although it does occur at times. Its most present with humidity in the air I've heard.

Well unfortunately they will proberly be removed next update, they are a pretty non-priority and just end up using resources.

Shell casings left on ground, im not sure how to do that. Again it would proberly use up more resources.

Gonna be doing the muzzleflashes soon they needa to be more optimized as they are kinda ott, less visable durin daytime etc etc.

Gotta finish off the soundmod is well. Reducing the sound lengths to alround 3secs as suggested, vehicle sounds are getting there tho. Also adding in more bass to most of the sounds as i forgot i was running my setup thru my own EQ.

So proberly be releasing all this crap by the end of the month.

Edited by Opticalsnare

So proberly be releasing all this crap by the end of the month.
It's certainly NOT crap! ;)

I just hope we could have more types of distantsound-scripts, not only one distantsound per weapon. :cool: