Hope it all works out, I use NTFS Get Data Back (or something similar) with much success when my friends and family mistakenly delete/reformat stuff on their computers... which is often.

Good luck.

Is there anything we soundmodders could do to help you to ease your work os? :/ config or soundwise?

Its a waste of time to loose something youve worked hard with. I havent lost any work, but ive lost many important photos in the past wich im never getting back.

Well good and some bad news really, ive managed to retreive most of the work done ie the soundmods, the particle effects are fine as i can work from the prev beta. But the soundmod is pretty screwed up, the configs seem to be intact which is a big relief but the sounds themselfs are a bit dodge. Most of the sound files seem to be ok but some are wrecked beyond repair as they are completly corrupt, others are completly missing but well its not as bad as it could have been but at least it gives me a chance to use what i can. Id say about 90% has been recovered. So not as bad as it could have been :/

90% is very good news, glad you have the most important stuff covered again.

So.......when is the release?

just joking, I want to know how stupid one feels asking that

Well good and some bad news really, ive managed to retreive most of the work done ie the soundmods, the particle effects are fine as i can work from the prev beta. But the soundmod is pretty screwed up, the configs seem to be intact which is a big relief but the sounds themselfs are a bit dodge. Most of the sound files seem to be ok but some are wrecked beyond repair as they are completly corrupt, others are completly missing but well its not as bad as it could have been but at least it gives me a chance to use what i can. Id say about 90% has been recovered. So not as bad as it could have been :/

Great news man! The sounds can be made or remade so much faster than those idiotic configs... It would be a dream if I could only doing the sounds and someone else could knockin the configs... But that ain't gonna happen... :)

Yeah, anyways. I still cannot wait for your new soundsystem and drool over the posibillities for the sounds. :)

Hmmm, but maybe post pics of your com? Will that help?

Just came across your news OS, I gotta be honest I slumped in my chair when I read it mate. I'm glad that its not a total loss for you. Maybe take some time off for a while, let the batteries recharge and the will to hammer back at it return.

Keep our chin up bud.

90%? In fact, thats very good. This could have been a lot worse

Woh just got in and read the news here, been alot going on, a great loss then a recovery too, man OS you been going through alot, hope everything works out!

I love these wffects Opticalsnare. As good as you are i would love to se some more bloodeffects. Like a little sideproject. :D Mabey out of your territory but still.

keep up the good!

A little suggestion OS, set up a project at Dev-heaven, commit your work to a repository there using Git, it has many advantages, including serving as a backup.

As good as you are i would love to se some more bloodeffects. Like a little sideproject.

Another side project for OS dont the guy have enough work as it is? side projects could take months to build, this stuff takes time.

Someone else already asked if OS would fix the nightvision or do something with it, there are already addons and mods for this stuff, for you needing more blood get SLX:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7045&highlight=SLX

then follow my bug list to remove the bugs-->http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1860058&postcount=1461

Youll get all the blood you need, blood, bleeding, dismemberment, head wounds, wounding, first aid, ect., Any questions on SLX use the SLX thread.

Leave OS alone to focus on Blastcore, unless he decides otherwise on projects, choice is his.

Yes it was a friendly suggestion but no I didn't blow up on the guy, theres realistic suggestions that are related to

what OS is working on like feedback, and theres nonrealistic suggestions and those are ones that waste his time which

have nothing to do with the mod, and obviously as you can see he didn't answer it.

Please understand the context of what is written, tone and demeanor in how someone words something can come across

as being angry,egotistical, or even smart.

In reality you can read something and think that is what the tone is when its not, projecting

your own ideas and emotions into what else someone says is not what someone else is really saying.

What is the subject of this thread? Blastcore.

Stay on topic or request a "suggestion" where it belongs in the addons request thread.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

hi im not sure if this is the right area to post my issue but im a really big fan on immersive mods, but i seem to have issues with WarFX for some reason i have a mod manager program to load all my bpo's inc ACE

everytime i boot up my mod manager to run arma co i get this error

Addon 'WarfxPE' (which i defo have) requires addon 'WarFXPE_Weps (for the life of me i cannot locate or find any info on goolge / armaholic)

i currently have these installed

Warfx - Blastcore

Warfx - Lighting

Warfx - Sunlight

Warfx - Tracers

Warfx - Particles beta 1.41

i hope somebody could help me with my dilemma

P.S english is not my first language thank you for understanding.

OMC-HYDRO

Hi OMC-Hydro,

Welcome to the forums!

Is the issue just an error message when you start up? If so, please remember that War-FX is in it's infancy and there are some errors that OpticalSnare (it's maker) is working on.

If the error stops parts of the mod from working:

You should delete all of your War-FX files and then re-download the mod and install again. You may have deleted something by accident.

If the issue persists:

Are you running any other mods? If so, disable them and just use War-FX and CBA (you must use CBA with this mod).

Please report back here with your findings. :)

EDIT: PS: Your English is just fine :)

Hi OMC-Hydro,

Welcome to the forums!

Is the issue just an error message when you start up? If so, please remember that War-FX is in it's infancy and there are some errors that OpticalSnare (it's maker) is working on.

If the error stops parts of the mod from working:

You should delete all of your War-FX files and then re-download the mod and install again. You may have deleted something by accident.

If the issue persists:

Are you running any other mods? If so, disable them and just use War-FX and CBA (you must use CBA with this mod).

Please report back here with your findings. :)

EDIT: PS: Your English is just fine :)

Done all stated above only addons i have installed is ace and cba ofc but thats it ive made sure that the pbos for all the above have been downloaded correctly and re-installed but still comes up with the same error upon launch.

Done all stated above only addons i have installed is ace and cba ofc but thats it ive made sure that the pbos for all the above have been downloaded correctly and re-installed but still comes up with the same error upon launch.

Are you running Just OA or Combined Ops?

If combined Ops make sure your running just the CBA version:cool:

Edit:- Saw the ofc and assumed OA sry! :D

Optical Snare,

I have been using your addon/mod since 1.41 and the new release Blastcore is FREAKING AWESOME, also love the A-10 effects you really did a great job capturing the essence of the Hog. Im waiting for the next Arrowhead patch to come out so that the =7Cav= / 7th Cavalry unit will review your mod and possibly put it in their server for enhanced realism, along with R3H Artillery & Logistics and J.S.R.S Sound Mod. I have setup my own personal servers to test this out and it makes the game THE WAY IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT RELEASE! Congratulations on making by far and bar none one of the absolute best mods to hit the Armed Assault series, keep up the awesome work. I cant wait to see what else you may have in store for us in the future.

BTW: Beware of Danger Close fire-missions with these mods installed, YOU WILL GO DEAF!

Well you might as well have a offical update since its been awfuly quite round ere on whats goin on seeing as im here atm, im happy to announce the mod is back on track. Things have recently been slow and motivation has been low, but now ive managed to get on top of things i can start hammering out the mods again.

Hopfully Next month should be interesting hint hint :P

Edited by Opticalsnare