Oh..... I'm so excited what you will bring to us. This will change the future of SM's I guess. Wish you all the best mate!

Jarhead

Oh yea i was wondering if anyone faniced making some new tracer models? The Tracer mod is still using the vanilla models but with edited textures, i really need some new models for them anyone fancy doing some? Im not really that great with simple modelling...

Hey buddy great news, you've just given my weekend some meaning :)

Reference your tracers, there was an old mod out way back by Pistolfied, they are stunning especially when used with light sources. Maybe give the guy a shout and see if you could use his, certainly save you some time.

Hey, I heard from somewhere that muzzleflash are often hard to see, and you only see at night. Is it true?

Oh..... I'm so excited what you will bring to us. This will change the future of SM's I guess. Wish you all the best mate!

Jarhead

I dont know why, but as soon as i scroll past you my CPU usage shoots up and this process lags.

Hey, I heard from somewhere that muzzleflash are often hard to see, and you only see at night. Is it true?

yup thats true!

most of the times during daylight you cant see them at all

but it also depends on the weapon youre firing

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

ok i have this question

is it possible to make the tracers visible only from behind? (shooters P.O.V)

i would assume that its not but maybe there is an possibility?

do you know an answer?

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I think that's an issue with those mods not being friendly with other mods. Not sure though.

I also think that OS should not try to make it compatible with some "random"

mods and make compromisses

Its first priority to deliever the best quality and epicness possible and not the most modfriendly addon

this should of course be considered (!)

but believe me OS is doing the best he can

I want to try and make tracers look like this

- I have no plans to make the tracers visable only from behind, im actually really happy that BIS fixed that issue in prev versions.

Pistolfied mate trust me, they are very orb like at distance, line up close just like that video.

Also if you add light source to your tracers like Dang did they will glow and light the surrounding areas.

- I have no plans to make the tracers visable only from behind, im actually really happy that BIS fixed that issue in prev versions.

oh so it was possible? nice!

but youre right that would sort of destroy the atmosphere and awesomeness of an Tracer mod

cause it looks just heart stopping when youre at your NVG and suddenly a wave of light beams comes towards you!

I also think that OS should not try to make it compatible with some "random"

mods and make compromisses

Its first priority to deliever the best quality and epicness possible and not the most modfriendly addon

this should of course be considered (!)

but believe me OS is doing the best he can

There are ways on how about making an addon compatible, for most addons. For your say in the "first priority to deliever" he has done that already, as it's an top notch addon:biggrin_o: But yes, when it comes down to mod's... it's much harder to make compatible with them, but i was just asking, as some addons dont show smoke or muzzle flash with Blastcore 1.1. Nice to see the tracers getting some good's, keeps the good's going.

Edited by 1in1class

Hey Snare, great looking idea you got there. Just remember that you dont make the tracers too long. The lenght basically happens because of the camera being slow, I am sure you are aware of that.

But since we are making games for 25-60FPS people... Figure something out please, not too long, not too short. The ACE tracers for example are WAY to short.

Right now I use your tracers and I edited the config so they are just half of their WIDTH. Tracers cant be fat. :-D

If you could add lights to your tracers so we dont have to use BD_tracerlights anymore - that would be even more "one in all", thank you in advance for anything you do mate!

Have a nice day!

Oh yea i was wondering if anyone faniced making some new tracer models? The Tracer mod is still using the vanilla models but with edited textures, i really need some new models for them anyone fancy doing some? Im not really that great with simple modelling...

I already had the idea, I need to talk some people in my community to teach me how to model for arma2.

I think that the ACE2 mod already have those tracers, ball tracers, and you can use also BDtracers that make the bullets iluminate the path

Edit: jump to 2:05 were the firefight begins

bKFM6VLIBhY

Edited by SpetS15

Well i have no intention of adding lights to the tracers as we already got "BDTracerLights" that can do that. Il see what i can do maybe a joint particle + model may work.

So OS, can you shed light on the M134 muzzleflashes? :)

will we get something in there? It feels so... dull to fire M134 now, whereas I should feel like killing everything I see. Some nice movie-style muzzleflashes for us who don't care about realism on effects all that much. :o

So OS, can you shed light on the M134 muzzleflashes? :)

will we get something in there? It feels so... dull to fire M134 now, whereas I should feel like killing everything I see. Some nice movie-style muzzleflashes for us who don't care about realism on effects all that much. :o

Well i gotta do some major work on the muzzleflashes anyway, they sorta work but they are a bit wonky some look wierd when vehicles are moving about others the placements are all crap.

What muzzleflashes also need is not to be so easily seen 24/7, being more in line with reality (how it's in vanilla now)

I can confirm "orb-like" (maybe slightly stretched orb) tracers are indeed available in ACE currently, and are turned on through a switch (possibly in userconfig file I forget). I use them and like them.

I can confirm "orb-like" (maybe slightly stretched orb) tracers are indeed available in ACE currently, and are turned on through a switch (possibly in userconfig file I forget). I use them and like them.

Yeah, a friend just turned me on to these as well. The switch is in the clippi folder/aceclippi.exe

LODShape::Preload: shape 'warfxpe\particleeffects\muzzleflash\556x45_01.p3d' not found

Warning Message: Cannot open object warfxpe\particleeffects\muzzleflash\556x45_01.p3d

Error: Model warfxpe\particleeffects\muzzleflash\556x45_01.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just one LOD level

Keep getting that error. Seems to be everyone that uses blastcore on the server also gets it

How is this IRL, do tracers illuminate the sourrounding area? Do they really produce that much light?

hmm not really they are bright but dont really illuminate the ground when flying like 2m over it