Shell casings sound top notch, be really nice to see this in the update. Had shell casings in OFP also, its been an good feature on up.

I have to say, I've been using the soundmod in combination with a few other bits n' bobs (Konrad's sonic cracks, RWS's vehicle stuff, etc) for whatever Blastcore doesn't replace and told the people I frequently play with to try it as well and have to say it's a pretty unanimous feeling of Blastcore's "Winning!". We really love how much immersion it adds--especially with the distanced sounds. It's almost as if you're watching combat footage from the news or something.

Other than the sound cutting, there hasn't been anything noticeably wrong or buggy when in MP. The only complaint (and I use that very loosely) from some is that the weapons could use a bit sharper punch to it. But again, it's a very minor observation than an outright complaint. For a beta, this is just insane how much better it feels (and sounds!) playing ArmA now. You managed to do something I always dreamed of hearing in ArmA and for that I (and I'm sure others here as well) applaud your hard work, mate. Simply fantastic!

I agree here, I am already using this sound mod fulltime and it is just in a beta phase. I can't wait to see what the 1st release sounds like.

shell casings are indeed great.

But what I was thinking was this:

the casings spawn on the ground when you shoot.

But I was wondering if it's possible to let them actually fall from the gun to the ground and stay there, no spawning.

Like when the t-72 gets destroyed, the main gun is seperated and falls on the ground.

Can this same principal be used for bullets? When you shoot them, they use some kind of physics system to fall on the ground.

Sorry if i'm being a bit unclear but I hope you get what I'm saying.

if the shell casing can be turn off, then I say go for it... because having experience with other shell casing mod before, it can really be fps hog... and become not fun anymore.

I would agree, this mod can have its share of FPS hits and anything that might add to that for such little effects might be ok but only as mentioned its "optional".

Normally that visual effect is quite rare in RL, although it does occur at times. Its most present with humidity in the air I've heard.

True, but Takistan is pretty humid? Also regardless a spotter can usually see a round in the air, and definetly where it lands.

good demonstration of this effect

and it looks very sweet!

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Staying Cartridges would be great and making this optional even better

doesnt the ACE mod contain this aswell? so OS maybe you can get in touch with one of these guys aswell apart from Deadfast ( his mod was for ArmA, so maybe things have changed a little bit)

ACE already have that, and its completely useless and unnecesary, nobody pay attention to that.

I would like to see the shock wave effect in explotions

lwNS7sGW77k

2imofil5GbM

F7qo1gLfYm4

Edited by SpetS15

@SpetS15

ACE mite have it but WarFX does not:hm: It would be an nice option to have in "WarFX:Blastcore". Yet im sure people will notice the Cartridges too, gives more battle atmosphere to ArmA 2/OA as in this mod does:smileee:

True, but Takistan is pretty humid? Also regardless a spotter can usually see a round in the air, and definetly where it lands.

You won't see the trace without magnification optics unless it is rather humid. The spotter should be able to see the trace through a spotting scope everytime though, as that is how he adjusts the rounds onto target (Except at night). So unless it is possible to make an effect only visible through optics, and only at a certain angle, its gonna be pretty unrealistic, not to mention it will give away your position just like if you were firing tracer rounds.

@Spets they are really not useless

This would be an detail, that adds a lot of immersion to arma 2

its really sad, that we have no single addon for Arma 2 that does this

and yeah shockwaces are also an very important feature ( especially white ones , because the current one is very yellow ;) )

The yellow shockwave isnt a shockwave its supposed to be a glow from the blast, although it has since been worked on.

@OS ok well sometimes i looks like one ;)

but i noticed an real shockwave when i play it in Slow-Mo, but its really hard to see at normal speed

btw didnt you do the MOAB effects? did a pretty nice shockwave in it!

a question: is it possible for you to make the dust appear in the center of the explosion and then spread out in every direction? This is an nice concept for the simulated shockwaves + dusteffects

Edited by PurePassion

This is an nice explosion with an awesome shockwave.

Just an idea... ^^

Jarhead

Deadfast cartridges use a userconfig seen here:

//Deadfast's Cartridges - User Performance Settings

//Define the maximal number of cartridges present at one once:
//0 = Infinite
//-1 = Disabled
#define DFS_cartridges_maxPresent 200

//Define the lifetime of created cartridges:
//0 = Infinite
//-1 = Disabled
#define DFS_cartridges_lifetime 0

So the user can set a number of cartridges allowed and any more cartridges beyond that number get deleted,

but only get deleted as new ones are made that exceed the number.

One idea, but having the option to turn cartridges on and off would be a good option, and yes people do see the

cartridges when their from 31mm ah1 , or even an apache, as well as m203 shells, it adds atmosphere to the game, and immersion.

Wouldn't quite work in MP .... although it would be awesome to be underneath an apache firing cannon while you get rained on with empty cartridges !

Arrgh! Cant wait anymore, im checking this thread 30 times a day

The yellow shockwave isnt a shockwave its supposed to be a glow from the blast, although it has since been worked on.

What we have shock waves? :D

What graphics settings do you need to have to see it?

Wouldn't quite work in MP .... although it would be awesome to be underneath an apache firing cannon while you get rained on with empty cartridges !

On the contrary it worked in Arma when running WarMod in MP, dont see why it wouldn't work.

Arrgh! Cant wait anymore, im checking this thread 30 times a day

Breath...., modding takes time, suggest you find an alternative til OS is ready with his stuff, or your just going to get more frustrated.

On the contrary it worked in Arma when running WarMod in MP, dont see why it wouldn't work.

Breath...., modding takes time, suggest you find an alternative til OS is ready with his stuff, or your just going to get more frustrated.

*Breathing* and baught PMC... lets get distracted!

*edit*

God Damn, the chinese guy gets stuck by the first body :mad:

Want to blast him with a WarFX bomb!

Edited by johanna

@OS IMHO the Arty Rounds don´t produce enough Smoke and Dust on impact, could you please look into that?

IlS6535HBNk

Shockwave, this video was posted elsewhere but it might be a little off topic, very good video though.

@OS IMHO the Arty Rounds don´t produce enough Smoke and Dust on impact, could you please look into that?

Ive mentioned this before and he said it was being worked on but that was a long time ago. I agree he REALLY has to fix that. Arty rounds look like a complete joke.