Looking good, OS!

Cant wait for the updated weapon sounds! They really add to the immersion with the distance effects.

Check first page, i think if your running the R1.1 then i messed up the tracers key and theres a updated key there which should work. Atm its all abit messy with my releases so far. Il have to make sure i get all the releases next update right, theres gonna be 2 major updates to the mod soon.

On another subject, ive almost finished update, all thats left is some fixes ere and there and now thats its easter holidays i can spend some time finishing off what i can. Ive thought removing the muzzleflashes from some of the weapons like rifles and toning the machine guns ones down, also might make the apc cannons alot less visable. The soundmod is coming along a bit better, the vehicle sounds arnt finished yet but i might publicly release the weapon sounds along with the distance effects now that its been improved since the little beta test.

Sounds good!

w00t that looks so great ... :notworthy:@OS:notworthy:

OS...those arty rounds look freaking awesome! I cant wait for the fix. After that then the Blastcore mod will be pretty much perfect.

YPHDwmUZZmM

Simply amazing. Great work, I can't wait to see the release. :yay:

Great job OS, looks fantastic, are you going to have just the art fix then do the mortars, or are you doing the mortar impacts too for your next update?

Theres also the hydra rockets that need work for explosion impacts

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I just started playing with ACE2 again recently and it appears as though the vehicles fires/smoke are using default or ACE2 effects. Is my load order wrong or are they simply incompatible?

Nice , I am slowly becoming a fan of your work.

Nice , I am slowly becoming a fan of your work.

you said the same thing about deez nutz....

Very nice explosions. Will there be variation in height of plume etc ?

Great job OS, looks fantastic, are you going to have just the art fix then do the mortars, or are you doing the mortar impacts too for your next update?

Theres also the hydra rockets that need work for explosion impacts

Yeh mortars will also be updated this time, the hydra yeh i know what your saying i will have a few pops at them too.

Ive decided to remove the muzzleflashes from personnel weapons but made more detailed changes to the smoke effects produced by them. Some other heavy weapons like 23mm or 30mm are edited which are smaller less occuring and less OTT. I gotta work on the smoke grenades is well atm they just use too much resources and in a large engagement can cause the dreaded cutting. I really wanna make this update as optimized as i possibly can.

Ive decided to remove the muzzleflashes from personnel weapons
Now thats a bit of a shame becuase as much as they had a few issues, I have gotten so used to having them now it would be a shame. Are you revering to troops weapons, but it still says heavy vehicle weapons/cannons and such? Would yo consider killing it for unit weapons but maybe switch-able? KNowing how you work I guess thats a no, but just threw the comments in for ref.
I gotta work on the smoke grenades is well atm they just use too much resources and in a large engagement can cause the dreaded cutting. I really wanna make this update as optimized as i possibly can.
Have you considered maybe not even changing the smoke? Because as I have seen from your first incarnation's up to now, I dont see how this addon has made that much better than the BIS version. I admit its a nice change to BIS version, I mean that without offence. I just mean that maybe its fixing what isn't completely broken and thus saving that FPS/cutout issue? The main thing was view block for smoke more than its look. Edited by mrcash2009

@OS

-Your New Arty hits are GREAT!

-You could use the old Arty hits as new Mortar hits, they would fit Imho

-

Ive decided to remove the muzzleflashes from personnel weapons but made more detailed changes to the smoke effects produced by them. Some other heavy weapons like 23mm or 30mm are edited which are smaller less occuring and less OTT. I gotta work on the smoke grenades is well atm they just use too much resources and in a large engagement can cause the dreaded cutting. I really wanna make this update as optimized as i possibly can.

I like this change, all of them. Its a shame that it can´t be made in a way that the muzzleflashes only appear at night...

Hey Optical. I wanted to let you know that the amount of smoke produced by all the big cannons on APCs are really making a gunner's job hard as hell. I edited your addon and removed all effects from APCs. Just letting you know that the smoke is just too much.

No offense. :)

Absolutely love your effects mate. Looking forward to new stuff!

Hey Optical. I wanted to let you know that the amount of smoke produced by all the big cannons on APCs are really making a gunner's job hard as hell. I edited your addon and removed all effects from APCs. Just letting you know that the smoke is just too much.

No offense. :)

Absolutely love your effects mate. Looking forward to new stuff!

Nonono thats my favorite!

To go berzerk with the apc at night and see the smoke flashing in the explosions!

DISCO OF DEATH

I also love the effect, but it is too much.

Majority of APCs out there want to shoot straight and see what they shoot at. If the cannon barrel is covered in smoke you dont see shit.

Maybe we have a misunderstanding? I am talking about the smoke that comes out the barrel, you are talking about impacts maybe?

Low quality but shows:

Smoke dissolves REALLY REALLY quickly and the gunner's view is not obscured.

better quality

yeah it is a little bit too much ( FLIR is very useful btw ;) )

but i think if you talk about smoke, the TOW's etc have priority

and night fire looks like this

would be nice OS if you could implement some more of those light particles aswell!!

( are they very performance hungry? )

maybe we can achieve something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i7uyjkVp_0&feature=related

well hydras looking good ( can you give those particles an lightsource or make them shine so that they appear lighter when wearing NVG's ? )

Edited by PurePassion

dunno i could try to add something like that, proberly just go with the smoke atm. Reduced lifetime of smoke and made it less visable on all apc cannons. Working on the hydra effects atm see if i can make something out of them. Keep the feedback coming its all good.

Few i keep forgetting, are

smoke grenades, aircraft fireball

Edited by Opticalsnare

Shame about the small arms muzzle flashes as I also was a fan of those, but the other changes sound great. Thanks for your continuing efforts OS.

One thing that I would like to see if possible is an improved effect for bullets hitting metal, e.g. tank armour. At present there is a spark effect but it's quite difficult to see and in my opinion not as good as the vanilla effect which has a spark and some smoke that is quite visible.