Guys PRONTO!!! I need a video where you can see particles disappearing. I created a ticket on dev heaven and they wanna see a video. SO GIVE ME ONE. With or without blastcore does not really matter, without would be perfect. "With" just shows the flaw of the current system better.

http://www.dev-heaven.net/issues/19669

OEjNIU4fdCY

KNHtUeacC3Q

so your problem is the particle limitation right?

but baaack to topic!!

i have one question

did you make the tracer fot the M256 (Abrams ;) ) bigger OS ?

and one last thing can you give us a short breefing about the changes ( just very general nothing in detail gotta keep the excitement ;) )

BIGGER? You crazy man? The fuck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45P1J-T778&feature=related

Not only is the tracer ALREADY too big (being an experiment its totally OK though), it is not coloured properly. So please chill on the size of things people...

Not only is the tracer ALREADY too big (being an experiment its totally OK though), it is not coloured properly. So please chill on the size of things people...

Size of tracer i think you change in the config file:raisebrow: Thats what iv done for alot of ammo rounds, only thing does not work is the tracerEvery and color of tracers, you can not change them for some reason:crazy_o:

Edited by 1in1class

I really like combining these tracers with Ace's BALL Round tracers (the one in the clippi) -best effect imho.

I really like combining these tracers with Ace's BALL Round tracers (the one in the clippi) -best effect imho.

Have you tryed to change the tracerEvery or colors when you have done that?

Have you tryed to change the tracerEvery or colors when you have done that?

No I haven't. They seem to be more of the white'ish variety but higher res in a way that satisfies me. I'm really not a fan of green/red wars.

No I haven't. They seem to be more of the white'ish variety but higher res in a way that satisfies me. I'm really not a fan of green/red wars.

If you can look into the WarTracer file and check the config in the addon folder, change the first CA mag (its an AK ammo) tracerEvery= 4 and see if in game your shooting 4 tracer rounds every 4 rounds.

Does anyone of you guys play on Torabora? I noticed that in combination with WarFX blaaaaaastcore you don't have a muzzleflash and no smoke around you when you fire a sniper rifle... is this a map issue? I only have this problem on Torabora...

Does anyone of you guys play on Torabora? I noticed that in combination with WarFX blaaaaaastcore you don't have a muzzleflash and no smoke around you when you fire a sniper rifle... is this a map issue? I only have this problem on Torabora...

Dont think its an map issue, iv went back to 1.41 as the new 1.1 has alot of issue with other mods and addons (most not showing smoke). Try 1.41 and see if you have the same issue.

Put a vehicle on the map.

If you can look into the WarTracer file and check the config in the addon folder, change the first CA mag (its an AK ammo) tracerEvery= 4 and see if in game your shooting 4 tracer rounds every 4 rounds.

My config.cpp file doesn't seem to have any effect on the tracer effects. I've tried changing every single instance of "tracerEvery =" to 1 but nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

Also I get an error saying missing muzzle flash 5.56 or something along those line. I assume that's a known bug, or have I missed something?

Put a vehicle on the map.

...and after at least 30 missions with all kinds of vehicles I built a snipermission without a single vehicle on exactely this map... :rolleyes:

It worked THX Opticalsnare!

My config.cpp file doesn't seem to have any effect on the tracer effects. I've tried changing every single instance of "tracerEvery =" to 1 but nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

Also I get an error saying missing muzzle flash 5.56 or something along those line. I assume that's a known bug, or have I missed something?

Dont know whats going on with the config, your not doing anything wrong its blastcore itself on that part, but i was able to make my tracers (5.56x45 and 726x51 CA ammo) to size 0.5. They were set at 1, and the M240s were shooting way to big. Iv not seen the error of the missing muzzle flash, though alot of addons are missing muzzle flash and smoke with 1.1. Hope the next update will fix the config and the missing firing smoke. 1.41b works nice with other addons, dont know why in blastcore 1.1 they dont:confused_o:

Edited by 1in1class

Dont know whats going on with the config, your not doing anything wrong its blastcore itself on that part, but i was able to make my tracers (5.56x45 and 726x51 CA ammo) to size 0.5. They were set at 1, and the M240s were shooting way to big. Iv not seen the error of the missing muzzle flash, though alot of addons are missing muzzle flash and smoke with 1.1. Hope the next update will fix the config and the missing firing smoke. 1.41b works nice with other addons, dont know why in blastcore 1.1 they dont:confused_o:

Theres nothing wrong with the config,

i just checked by downloading my own mod, dragged it into the arma2 folder renamed it old so it doesnt get mixed up with the newer version, opened up the config.cpp, changed the values from 0 to 4, repacked the mod back into the PBO, loaded up @warfx_tracers_old in the launcher, put it on the top of all the other addons, loaded up the game used a AK74 worked every 4 rounds fired a tracer, quit the game disabled ALL other mods apart from the CBA and @warfx_tracers_old, loaded the game up again checked the AK74 every 4 rounds were still a tracer.

What more do you want me to do?

i just checked by downloading my own mod, dragged it into the arma2 folder renamed it old so it doesnt get mixed up with the newer version, opened up the config.cpp, changed the values from 0 to 4, repacked the mod back into the PBO, loaded up @warfx_tracers_old in the launcher, put it on the top of all the other addons, loaded up the game used a AK74 worked every 4 rounds fired a tracer, quit the game disabled ALL other mods apart from the CBA and @warfx_tracers_old, loaded the game up again checked the AK74 every 4 rounds were still a tracer.

Its nice your looking into it, as for me an others it does not work:raisebrow: Im not the only one. Your tracer mod comes with an config file, iv open it up with notepad and changed the values and they dont work. Now your saying that config cpp file needs to be packed into an pbo. file? If that is the case then that is the issue.

Edited: If you can post up an dl link for your config with them changes.

Edited by 1in1class

I don't need to convert the cpp to a bin or anything do I? Like if I did the following it should work right?

1 - Open @WarFX-Tracers/Addons/TracerWAR

2 - Open the config.cpp and change the settings

3 - Right click the TracerWAR folder and "create PBO" (with cpbo)

4 - Overwrite the old TracerWAR.pbo

5 - Launch the game with @WarFX-Tracers

Am I missing something? That's what I'm doing and it doesn't seem to want to work. What do you mean by "put it on top"? Can you change the load order in Arma, if so, any chance someone could tell me how?

Also just to double check...I assume with the beta you are supposed to use the beta folder in place of the core Blastcore folder and then use the old Tracer/Lighting/Sunlight folders. Is that right?

just confirming to you OS that there are also people for whom everything works fine ;)

just confirming to you OS that there are also people for whom everything works fine ;)

Alllll, aint you the suger pop:biggrin_o: So you have changed the tracerEvery and tracer colors and all works for you? If so (as in many ways) tell us people who are having trouble how you got it working.

I'm not implying there's anything wrong with the mod. I'm asking if I've done something wrong.

could be the smallest mistake....

but i dont know

Have you even use the config? Did you try to change the tracerEvery? If your saying all is good, then let us know so we can make it to where it works.

Edited: Gots it working now, would of help out in more ways if i know you had to pbo. the config cpp first. For the people who are having trouble with this config just dl this tool http://www.ofpec.com/addons_depot/index.php?action=details&id=40 then just go to your config file and change what you would like, then run the PboView and click on "pack" (it will then prompt you on where to go) and then go to the WarFX folder were the config is and click it. That should do it, there will be an extra file for the pbo made, just delete that one keep the other the original. You can view your pbo to make sure it worked too. Hope that helps as im just now getting use to the tool.

Edited by 1in1class

http://www.mediafire.com/?e062mrw3cs204o0

1 in 4 done for you here

1 thing though OS i didnt realise arrowhead weapons dont get tracers, in particular the HK16 & HK17 series. To make that happen do we just add the magazine class at the end where we change the tracers amounts?

http://www.mediafire.com/?e062mrw3cs204o0

1 in 4 done for you here

1 thing though OS i didnt realise arrowhead weapons dont get tracers, in particular the HK16 & HK17 series. To make that happen do we just add the magazine class at the end where we change the tracers amounts?

That isn't true. The SCAR Ls all use standard Stanag magazines, and so have the same tracer settings as M16.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Can anyone help me with this. It's driving me nuts. I'm just trying to change the config so that every weapon in the game fires a tracer every round (for comedy value), but I want to be able to use it on a friends server, so I can't just repack it with the same name, I need to call it something else so that the key doesn't overwrite the standard Blastcore one and stop other people using normal tracers.

Problem is when I change the name of the pbo I get a message saying "Can't open TracersWAR/data/bullettracers/tracer_red_ca.paa". I changed the name of the pbo to LasersWAR and change every line in the config where TracersWAR was mentioned to LasersWAR and changed the folder name as well. but I still get untextured solid white tracers and an error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's my file if anyone feels like looking.

https://rapidshare.com/files/110025084/_WarFX-Lasers.7z

Edited by Ringosis

That isn't true. The SCAR Ls all use standard Stanag magazines, and so have the same tracer settings as M16.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Can anyone help me with this. It's driving me nuts. I'm just trying to change the config so that every weapon in the game fires a tracer every round (for comedy value), but I want to be able to use it on a friends server, so I can't just repack it with the same name, I need to call it something else so that the key doesn't overwrite the standard Blastcore one and stop other people using normal tracers.

Problem is when I change the name of the pbo I get a message saying "Can't open TracersWAR/data/bullettracers/tracer_red_ca.paa". I changed the name of the pbo to LasersWAR and change every line in the config where TracersWAR was mentioned to LasersWAR and changed the folder name as well. but I still get untextured solid white tracers and an error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's my file if anyone feels like looking.

https://rapidshare.com/files/110025084/_WarFX-Lasers.7z

The tracer models .p3d also needs to be edited because it has the location of the texture.

Hey! its friday Opticalsnare, release it!!! :756: