Yeah. You gotta beta test it anyway as bugs will always be found no matter how hard you try to keep it clean

tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.png

Sorry :P Really looking forward to the release OS :D

lol that picture is horrible lol, looks like me after late night + beer

Cor i got something real special for you A10 and GAU8 lovers out there. :cool:

:o

:bounce3:

:)

lol that picture is horrible lol, looks like me after late night + beer

Looks like me everyday.

Well i dont have much to do im mostly just going thru and tweaking atm, it seems very stable, ive managed to stop it where the particles/effects change size when they are further away which is very good cause it was annoying, so should be no more little explosion upclose and stupid massive explosion further away. Im also sorta bouncing bewteen the soundmod and visuals atm so might be both in one hit on release including vehicle sounds and much improved sound effects.

Edited by Opticalsnare

dude sounds excellent, i'm really looking forward to the improved sounds because what I've heard so far are so life like you really are setting the bar mate

Some really good news, cant wait to try it out. Its nice that iv got that config working much more options for the game. Keeps the goods going.

Sorry to detract from the excitement of 1.2 but any chance someone could help me with this config thing one last time. Almost got everything how I want it, but I'm having an issue with G36s.

I've added their mags to the config like so

class CfgMagazines {
class CA_Magazine;	// External class reference
class VehicleMagazine;	// External class reference

class 30Rnd_556x45_G36 : CA_Magazine {
	tracersevery = 1;
};

class 30Rnd_556x45_G36SD : CA_Magazine {
	tracersevery = 1;
};

And I've added in the ammo cfg as below

class B_545x39_SD : Bulletbase {
	model = "TracersWAR\Data\bullettracer\tracer_red";
	tracerScale = 1;
	tracerStartTime = 0;
	tracerEndTime = 6;
	NVGOnly = 0;
};

class B_556x45_Ball_SD : Bulletbase {
	tracerScale = 1;
	tracerStartTime = 0;
	tracerEndTime = 6;
	NVGOnly = 0;
};

This is exactly what I did for every other weapons and it worked perfectly well, but for some reason it breaks all the G36s ammo. The standard G36 ammo appears normally in the ammo box and I can pick it up, but if I try and use it in any rifle it wont fire...I can reload the clip and it says I have ammo, but pressing the trigger does nothing. G36SD ammo on the other hand will fire and works as it should, but for some reason I get a .paa error saying the icon is missing which means that when I pick up G36SD ammo my inventory looks empty.

I'm baffled as to why the exact same process produces two completely different bugs on two types of ammo when it worked perfectly for everything else.

ohh i have a question to you OS

is it possible to work and connect MotionBlur to explosion/particle effects?

ohh i have a question to you OS

is it possible to work and connect MotionBlur to explosion/particle effects?

Well ACE does it for when you are near tanks fireing, so I don't see why the same couldnt be applied to explosions.

Is it possible to make smoke grenades move with the wind (maybe at the moment they move in the initial wind direction but if it changes mid mission it looks very wierd) and also an option to remove smoke grenades please.

The smoke will travel with the wind but the smoke trail that is coming from the grenade does not currently and this ca lead to smoke travelling in one direction but the 'tip' of the trail starts to slowly move backwards in the opposite direction. Otherwise i love the mod and great news that exploion scale at range has been fixed :)

Sorry to detract from the excitement of 1.2 but any chance someone could help me with this config thing one last time. Almost got everything how I want it, but I'm having an issue with G36s.

I've added their mags to the config like so

class CfgMagazines {
class CA_Magazine;	// External class reference
class VehicleMagazine;	// External class reference

class 30Rnd_556x45_G36 : CA_Magazine {
	tracersevery = 1;
};

class 30Rnd_556x45_G36SD : CA_Magazine {
	tracersevery = 1;
};

And I've added in the ammo cfg as below

class B_545x39_SD : Bulletbase {
	tracerScale = 1;
	tracerStartTime = 0;
	tracerEndTime = 6;
	NVGOnly = 0;
};

class B_556x45_Ball_SD : Bulletbase {
	tracerScale = 1;
	tracerStartTime = 0;
	tracerEndTime = 6;
	NVGOnly = 0;
};

This is exactly what I did for every other weapons and it worked perfectly well, but for some reason it breaks all the G36s ammo. The standard G36 ammo appears normally in the ammo box and I can pick it up, but if I try and use it in any rifle it wont fire...I can reload the clip and it says I have ammo, but pressing the trigger does nothing. G36SD ammo on the other hand will fire and works as it should, but for some reason I get a .paa error saying the icon is missing which means that when I pick up G36SD ammo my inventory looks empty.

I'm baffled as to why the exact same process produces two completely different bugs on two types of ammo when it worked perfectly for everything else.

Check to make sure you have all your ends in a missing ; or a double ;; is quite a common problem. Also check all your { to make sure you have the closing }

I use note pad ++ it is very helpful as it highlights all brackets red when they have their partner bracket in place.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Also there are plugins out there that check your script too

http://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-plugins/files/

glad i didnt stay up F5'in last night hehe

hahaha me too

ooooohhh and yes

OS do you also want to rework the bulletholes which currently look terrible and are just round dark overalys without any texture

do you think youre able to make them a little bit more accurate, so that they look like a real impact?

i think this is annoying you as an FX expert aswell so maybe you can fix this and achieve an better immersion

ooooohhh and yes

OS do you also want to rework the bulletholes which currently look terrible and are just round dark overalys without any texture

do you think youre able to make them a little bit more accurate, so that they look like a real impact?

i think this is annoying you as an FX expert aswell so maybe you can fix this and achieve an better immersion

LOL, very true. I've also always thought those bullet hole textures were a placeholder or something that BIS never got back to. :D The ones on trees are the same except a beige colour instead of black. On the other hand, none of the bullet holes seem to stick around for very long, presumably due to being 'over-written' by newer textures due to a limit on how many can be displayed simultaneously.

yes they dont stay long due to the particle limitation

and they really look like a placeholder right now

well lets see if they are different then if they are not maybe I'll have a look at trying to make a small decals mod, bear in mind im a scripty noob so i'm not sure if i can make it possible, but if I can find out the bullet hole class name it shouldnt be a problem.

i need to change my F5 key ... i think i gonna broke my keyboard to refresh this page

Yes it's all very quiet. Too quiet. :blues:

The calm before the storm perhaps? With JSRS 1.3 just being released unexpectedly this could be a double header of epic proportions. :yay: