Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

LOL

Well that's just killed the game for 99% of pc gamers....

Using battlelog with the alpha trial was annoying and time-consuming enough..... :mad:

;2007047']LOL

Well that's just killed the game for 99% of pc gamers....

Using battlelog with the alpha trial was annoying and time-consuming enough..... :mad:

I found Battlelog to be much faster' date=' easier and more streamlined than your usual server browser in games.

However, DICE have really started to listen to the community. So if during Beta people really do not like the new system, They will most likely go back to the more traditional ingame one.

On another note, We're now bashing DICE for [i']not [/i]copying the rest of gaming industry whilst at the same time we bash Activision for remaking the same old same old and not innovating.

I got to see this in action before I make up my mind, but currently I'm going with "WTH?" and "One does not simply switch servers in BF3."

Either way, if I recall correctly they added a server browser to BFBC2 after the initial release. So there is still hope if things goes wrong.

It was the total opposite for me, very annoying to say the least, when you found a server with free slots and join, server has too many players, then you get the error 4 / error 5 things.....

Or the server is changing maps (only one map) thing I used to get all the time.

My experience with battlelog wasn't a very good one, and will affect my decision on purchasing BF3.

I think turning off your game everytime you want to join a new server is a real issue...

It's like they don't want us to buy their game.

Even MoH had a server browser.

It's like they don't want us to buy their game.

Even MoH had a server browser.

It HAS a server browser, it's just not a menu in the game. ;)

U.I. techniques have been converging rapidly and it's now common to see web-based front ends in desktop apps. I expect it will work and work well, DICE appear to me too careful to allow otherwise.

Just another unessesary layer that can fail.

EA can barely keep Master servers and forums online properly.

Then of course there is the Support page which is a clusterf#$% of dead links, silly circles and EA profiles/personas

and god knows how many abandoned websites for BF that EA/DICE started work on then left to rot.

Edited by jblackrupert

Like the stupid browser it's another useless layer of crap I shouldn't have to have to use

to load up my games.

People who buy games on DVD shouldn't have to be forced to use digital download programs.

The same goes for patches. Standalone patches have worked forever and there is no

need for downloaders to install them.

Oh origin is far more than that, basically its spyware. It scans your whole PC, collects all kinds of data, and sends this to EA. As if that isnt bad enough, EA is allowed to give/sell this data to third parties for advertisement purposes.

Its really a massive piece'o'crap and I will never install it onto my PC

That's the mentality of most large game publishers:

All these obtuse terms and ambiguity means that we get to put our hands up your ass whenever we feel like it. We have more money than you will ever see in your life so you can go right ahead be very afraid of our lawyers. We're EA. Fuck you.

A funny thing happened since I became a full-time armaholic: I am no longer impressed with MW3 or BF3 gameplay videos and I laugh at the console sheeple who wank to them.

It was signed as M16A4 and it uses characteristic barrell covers (handle?)

@Gamesom it was the M16A3

I seen M16A4 at private alpha and same in Gamescom

All rifles weapons are fully automatic (screw the real facts) - anyway that selector is useless when everybody is using full auto

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165281 - this is directly from EA BF3 Multiplayer Fact Sheet

Edited by RobertHammer

does BF3 even have a fire selector? I thought the joypads don't have enough fucking buttonsto deal with things as foreign to FPS such as lean or fire selectors....

does BF3 even have a fire selector? I thought the joypads don't have enough fucking buttonsto deal with things as foreign to FPS such as lean or fire selectors....

If memory serves, yes.

Read the EA UK forums for info. The US forum is completely neglected by DICE.

They have a "Confirmed features" thread going which I have linked in the top post.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1389267-battlefield-3-what-we-know.html

The forum has both PC and Console threads.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/

The search function on the EA forums is compelely borked though.

Edited by jblackrupert

If memory serves, yes.

Read the EA UK forums for info. The US forum is completely neglected by DICE.

They have a "Confirmed features" thread going which I have linked in the top post.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/1389267-battlefield-3-what-we-know.html

The forum has both PC and Console threads.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3/

The search function on the EA forums is compelely borked though.

cheers, seems they do. Lean is still something unheard of...

No lean but they do have fire selector, v by default, perhaps it'll be a shoulder button for the consoles...

I seen M16A4 at private alpha and same in Gamescom

All rifles weapons are fully automatic (screw the real facts) - anyway that selector is useless when everybody is using full auto

Yeah, I mean i didn't play BF3 at Gamescom and used a M16A3, oh wait, I remember that I did.

:clap:

None of the other Battlefield games, even the PC classics like BF1942 and BF2 had lean. So I don't think that's something we should complain about.