Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Camping is a valid tactic in my opinion.

The counter to rush.

Mission objectives that require you to take ground are the best ways to limit it.

I see many campers more than BC2 = bad

It should make some limits to use that prone - maybe only for who have Bipod can use prone and also limit number of snipers/MG gunners with bipod

My point exactly, 64 players in a game and 80% of them will use this prone to wait for someone to come walking round a corner or up stairs, or the tactic of lying down firing your rpg and being in the same prone position half a second later.

Camping is a valid tactic in my opinion.

The counter to rush.

Mission objectives that require you to take ground are the best ways to limit it.

So what your saying is you prefer to come up against players who are static in one position for a whole match until killed to a player who is constantly moving, clearing areas? :j:

So what your saying is you prefer to come up against players who are static in one position for a whole match until killed to a player who is constantly moving' date=' clearing areas? :j:[/quote']

No, that's pretty far from what he said :D he said it was a valid tactic. What he said was, in fact, what he said :)

I really dont get this "anti-camping" culture. This didnt exist back in the days of the original GR. I think those that have played in competetive games/leagues dont get bothered by it, as your forced if you want to win matches to find ways around static people. It is a valid tactic...and can be countered

People on the flanks defending a line of attack is perfect example. I would rather know that my flank is secure if somone is willing to sit and protect it. What i find hilarious is the camping comments when your defending an objective. Isn't that the point in defending....

If someone is "camping", then go and dig them out, dont whine about it. Its as if, if you dont run around like a headless chicken getting kill death kill death etc. Your a noob and a camper.....

I move around in any game i play tactically, moving into corners and blind spots away from the normal playing lines. Because i'm not jumping around infront of someone giving them the chance to kill me back, i'm a camper, pathetic.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Want a tent? you dirty camper :D

Defending is one thing, waiting at a choke-point, enemy base for example is another thing, I hate camper's with a passion, but that doesn't mean they get one over me more then once, I will flank and out manoeuvre them until I force their respawn, one thing I dont like is when you kill that person they run straight back to the same point to get some "kill-streaks" again.... pathetic.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;2004070']My point exactly' date=' 64 players in a game and 80% of them will use this prone to wait for someone to come walking round a corner or up stairs, or the tactic of lying down firing your rpg and being in the same prone position half a second later.[/quote']

It's because gaming has become so mainstream that it's full of noobs now, because everyone and their grandmother is playing FPS games now. I miss the days when games took actual skill.

At least it's not so bad on the PC.

I stopped playing Call of Duty and Battlefield because it's too easy.

It's because gaming has become so mainstream that it's full of noobs now, because everyone and their grandmother is playing FPS games now. I miss the days when games took actual skill.

At least it's not so bad on the PC.

I stopped playing Call of Duty and Battlefield because it's too easy.

You should take it more in a relaxed way. Times are changing. Gaming has become more of a mainstream thing. The good old days of CS,SOF2, GlobalOps, Global Operations are over. But that doesnt have to be a negative thing. Instead of being totally concentrated, cleaning your mouse before every match and checking your ping you can now have simple laissez fair fun. Maybe it is because I am getting older but I enjoy that the focus is now more on infantile entertainment than pure skills.

I know that I can look back at 2 decades of training, but I also know that nowadays I just want to have fun. My free time is too precious and my concentration too much allocated to my job, I just want to have a good time. Thats all.

You should take it more in a relaxed way. Times are changing. Gaming has become more of a mainstream thing. The good old days of CS,SOF2, GlobalOps, Global Operations are over. But that doesnt have to be a negative thing. Instead of being totally concentrated, cleaning your mouse before every match and checking your ping you can now have simple laissez fair fun. Maybe it is because I am getting older but I enjoy that the focus is now more on infantile entertainment than pure skills.

I know that I can look back at 2 decades of training, but I also know that nowadays I just want to have fun. My free time is too precious and my concentration too much allocated to my job, I just want to have a good time. Thats all.

My rant is about the fact that games have been dumbed down to the point that they require no skill.

The first online FPS I played was Delta Force Black Hawk Down (mind you I was 10 at the time), and even that game required skill from players. Now in Call of Duty and other mainstream shooters, the outcome can often come down to who has more perks unlocked and what weapon he's using.

That wasn't the case in the past.

Also back then there were fewer assholes and screaming kids.

The first online FPS I played was Delta Force Black Hawk Down (mind you I was 10 at the time), and even that game required skill from players.

Git outta here. My first FPS was DOOOOOOOOOOOOM... and I used to use naught but the chainsaw. :D

RangerPL, let me remind you that in ArmA2 its simply about who has the better machine and headphones.

^^ BF3 Thread.....

;2004449']^^ BF3 Thread.....

I was reminding rangerPL that its not just mainstream shooters that share this problem with non-skill related advantages. Its pretty wide spread for a variety of reasons.

RangerPL, let me remind you that in ArmA2 its simply about who has the better machine and headphones.

Not quite. When I knew them, the majority of the most skilled ARMA 2 players I ever met were running on PCs that barely ran the game that well at lowest settings. Same with ARMA.

Not quite. When I knew them, the majority of the most skilled ARMA 2 players I ever met were running on PCs that barely ran the game that well at lowest settings. Same with ARMA.
Exactly. ArmA comes down to luck and skill, and it's very easy for a skilled player with inferior weapons to outperform a mediocre player.

Wow, DICE didn't half go all out on that. haha

Did we just KO the internet? Am being flooded with tweets and emails

Coop, Jets, 64player, trailers and a whole floodgate of information and footage in such a short space of time.

It did look impressive.

They just shown a little Coop gameplay @ Gamescon, nothing to be excited about.....

and conquest! With jets and many vehicles! That got me excited again about BF3!

NDDfPxF3EFE

Edited by Smurf

They just shown a little Coop gameplay @ Gamescon, nothing to be excited about.....

and conquest! With jets and many vehicles! That got me excited again about BF3!

Did you see the little drone that went accross the screen mid-trailer, I wonder what DICE has planned with that.

I remember them stating they were giving some classes new gadgets but weren't ready to talk about them, perhaps we got a little sneak-peak there?

And EA vision just put up the video on their channel for those who missed it:

Edit: Ninja'd by Smurf with the video :)

Edited by Ben_S

Holy crap that looks amazingly fun!

Flashy lights and explosions, nothing new.

I have to say i am impressed by the overall audio quality of BF3!

Edited by PurePassion

It does look amazing, and as I got a lot of fun out of BF2 I will most likely buy it.

What Maionaize said. It's so shaky and blurry even in 1080p, I found it hard to watch it 'till the end.

Really I don't see how this is amazing.

That soldier has got to have the weakest jaw I've ever seen getting knocked out by that feather jab @0:31.

Game does look fun and I'm still on track for a purchase :)