Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

I am loving the BF3 Alpha....but what does the BF3 Theme sound like? I can't remember with any videos that included it.

Think it might be

, but I think what GRS is referring to is the ever present static sound effects they use in their
, probably used to hype up the viewer....

This week I'm getting:

• An Intel Core i7 2600k 3.40GHz
  • A Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
  • A 128GB SSD
  • And a Gigabyte motherboard (GA-P67-UD3-B3, specifically)

For just under 2000USD, and even at that price I feel like I'm being overcharged (however, I get it all assembled for myself locally, it only takes a day to be ready rather than multiple weeks for shipping + shipping costs, and they service it locally too with 2 year warranties on each part). Your friend spending that much on an Alienware rig that isn't already tip-top-of-the-line is madness, especially if he's "that" kind of "PC gamer". :rolleyes:

I'm pretty much guaranteed to get excellent performance with any currently-released game, I'm hoping it runs ARMA 2 as good as I want it to as well. Reason I'm upgrading now instead of closer to ARMA 3 is because my current PC is having lots of trouble running ARMA 2 and other currently-released games, and ARMA 3 is quite a ways off. I am confident that it will run ARMA 3 pretty good, though.

It will have excellent performance, but it's too pricey. Alienware is overhyped. Still, wish you good fun with it. :)

Only those SSD's are expensive , other stuff i can find very cheap in EU ;)

i got : i7 930 default clock , Nvidia GTX285 , 4 GB DDR3 1600MHz and Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5

I wondering to get some new GPU like - GTX 570 or 580 ,but later heh the GTX285 is good enough :p

Edited by RobertHammer

;1993347']Think it might be
' date=' but I think what GRS is referring to is the ever present static sound effects they use in their

God, that first link... It's worse than BC2's repeating "DERP I'LL HIT THE DRUM NOW" "theme". :butbut:

Personally, the only new themes that DICE have been using that I've somewhat liked is Age Of Rage by Corroded (Battlefield Play4Free's theme).

jPS3cNENdRI

Edited by Zipper5

AogVbrzEViM

ripped from one of the trailers, not final tho (i hope)

Fooking love that on the end of all the teaser vids!! :yay:

Well BF will never rival AC in the music department thats for sure.

;1993347']Think it might be
' date=' but I think what GRS is referring to is the ever present static sound effects they use in their

Yes, bass heavy static != music.

Well BF will never rival AC in the music department thats for sure.

Definitely!!

by woodkikd is a great song and fits perfectly with the series even though it wasn't originally intended for it. :)
Only those SSD's are expensive , other stuff i can find very cheap in EU ;)

i got : i7 930 default clock , Nvidia GTX285 , 4 GB DDR3 1600MHz and Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5

I wondering to get some new GPU like - GTX 570 or 580 ,but later heh the GTX285 is good enough :p

Indeed, well I would say as cheap as the USA but its at fairly decent prices, SSD's for sure are expensive but the gains you get with them are quite superb.

Here's mine which I got as an upgrade of january this year, with future upgrades such as water cooling, another SSD and perhaps a 580-90 when they come down in price.

i7 950 @4.2Ghz, ASUS X58 Sabertooth TUF. 6Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz, MSi 460GTX HAWX "Talon Attack" SLi

Fooking love that on the end of all the teaser vids!! :yay:

Im with you on that northerner!! :D

Im with you on that southerner!! :D

Fixed that for you - you northern C*&T ;)

I am loving the BF3 Alpha....but what does the BF3 Theme sound like? I can't remember with any videos that included it.

NO, THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE BATTLEFIELD THEME!!!!!!

5LNiOeRVdGI

He told me he built an Alienware Aurora computer and has an intel core i7 2500K and an ATI 6990 graphics card.

1. Waste of money. You really dont need an Alienware computer for MW3 or BF3, unless you like overpaying (IMHO).

2. He knows NOTHING on computers. Most likely he saw the most expensive thing on there and wanted it. I asked what kind of mobo he had and he had no idea what kind. I even asked him if anyone helped him building it. He said no. I just want to yell at him and tell him how stupid he is but I dont want to be a douche.

Tell your friend he's a noob.

Alienware is for noobies who don't know anything about hardware and think it's somehow faster than computers from other manufacturers. You can construct an entirely sufficient computer for less than $1000. Hell, my $700 budget box runs BF:BC2 on maximum settings with 50FPS.

ArmA is a bit slower but playable.

Running BFBC2 well isn't exactly something to be proud of....my $400 hand-me-down Frankenstein monster does that easily.

Running BFBC2 well isn't exactly something to be proud of....my $400 hand-me-down Frankenstein monster does that easily.
I know it wasn't optimized for PCs but my point is my computer can support all the bells and whistles of Frostbite without choking.

I'll probably need a new CPU soon though.

I know it wasn't optimized for PCs but my point is my computer can support all the bells and whistles of Frostbite without choking.

I'll probably need a new CPU soon though.

My point was that Frostbite ain't nothin special and can be easily run on incredibly old tech, which isn't a positive in my book. Its like benchmarking a Mustang against a Taurus.

I will definatly be getting this game when it comes out, it looks awesome, I cant get enough of the youtube footage

Hehe, brilliant. But now I just want to play Tropico. :confused:

I haven't played battlefield since the first one, in anticipation of battlefield 3 I brought bad company 2 and was completely blown away, this is no COD clone, I play that every other day... But have since convinced the guys to get bad company.

Bad company looks and sounds beautiful, and is addictive to play online, eagerly awaiting BF3

The problem is that DICE have said many times Bad Company is a spinoff series and not a proper Battlefield game. That's why this is being called Battlefield 3 and not Battlefield: Bad Company 3, and that's why it looks all the more disappointing to me. :(

The problem is that DICE have said many times Bad Company is a spinoff series and not a proper Battlefield game. That's why this is being called Battlefield 3 and not Battlefield: Bad Company 3, and that's why it looks all the more disappointing to me. :(

For me too mate :/

All the important improvements made in the Bad Company series, like sound design and destructible environments, will certainly be brought over for Battlefield 3. What part of the Bad Company series are you worried will be missing?

I don't want Bad Company in Battlefield 3. That's my point. I want a game that is clearly a sequel to this:

is_battlefield.jpg

Not this:

not_battlefield.jpg

I want a proper Battlefield game, not another Bad Company under the title of Battlefield. While I don't dislike Bad Company, it isn't Battlefield to me. And Battlefield 3 seems to be taking way too much from Medal of Honor 2010, and DICE's part of that game was absolutely awful.