Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

most if not everything in the vid is the M16A4 gameplay, so what's the problem?

I corrected your mistake :cool:

Put fire selector in burst -> Problem solved
There is a button for this. If that single thing is such an issue for you, you can always use the burst fire.

I haven't come across a fire selector while playing yet ...

Asking Alpha testers -how would you encapsulate the overall feeling of the game?

Mindblowingly amazing....more of the same....etc...

;1992147']I haven't come across a fire selector while playing yet ...

Try reading the BattleLog forums ... zh1nt0 posted a thread there with all the keys. Surprise Surprise.

V = fire selector key

Try reading the BattleLog forums ... zh1nt0 posted a thread there with all the keys. Surprise Surprise.

V = fire selector key

Ah, good to know :D

You lucky sons of b*tches :|

Almost,i've had the alpha for almost a week,but alas in on xp :eek:

I'm contemplating whether its a good idea to share this video, probably not..... as jeza said earlier if there is can a mod remove it immediately?

Video is mainly made to demonstrate the bipod deployment/weapon rest system. I have a couple more video's showing other weaponry and vehicles, yet to be uploaded.

gaPrEKp0MKI

I have another issue with it.... no lean system, its either hide or get shot, when going round corners.

Yes, Whereas alot of people will be going "It's not going to change much", once you play, You do realize there's alot of stuff missing or just not right in the Alpha - Not to mention a few very annoying bugs*.

But, is it not good fun regardless? At the end of the day - we play games to have fun.

Edited by Hellfire257

The M16 does has burst fire in BF3 ...

I know....what exactly are you getting at because i'm lost....

;1992295']

I have another issue with it.... no lean system' date=' its either hide or get shot, when going round corners.[/quote']

What is with devs these days and just removing this in pretty much every game these days?

WE LIKE LEAN.

But, is it not good fun regardless? At the end of the day - we play games to have fun. I find that it's provided by the bucket load.

We all know the name of the man who used "fun" to destroy a particular series...

Edited by Innomadic

Another feature I found to my liking, is that you can sometimes see the sun glint of a marksman's scope, giving you time to react before being shot.... really this alpha so far has some nice stuff in it, cant wait to see the final product. Though i'll likely be playing TES V: Skyrim more :)

Nice vid, Viper. Bipod deployment looks good, nice feature.

Two things I dislike.

1. Crawling is actually gliding on your belly while holding the weapon with your both hands.

2. I've never seen anybody reloading an AK-like weapon with his left hand. IRL ofcourse.

Why do developers do that? Because it looks cool?

2. I've never seen anybody reloading an AK-like weapon with his left hand. IRL ofcourse.

Why do developers do that? Because it looks cool?

I seen most of guys reloading with left hand ,but am surprised they did not used uber cool -

, heh Crysis 2 uses that style almost on all weapons :p

I seen most of guys reloading with left hand ,but am surprised they did not used uber cool -

Heh, last time I held an AK I gave that a shot... takes some practice, but you can do it.

I'd definitely fuck it up in any kind of contact situation though, for sure.

...and it's even easier for left handers, because you don't need to reach over the weapon to work the action. :)

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Yeah, that video makes sense, because the guy keeps magazines on his lef side.

When I was in the army, we had magazine pouches (well it was kind of a bag for four magazines) on our right hip.

...and it's even easier for left handers, because you don't need to reach over the weapon to work the action. :)

It would be definitely easier for left handers. It would feel awkward for me to reload an AK with left hand, though.

Well, force of habbit I guess. TBH, I've never tried it, so I don't really know how that would turn out. :D

Edited by Kernriver

Depends on what kind of vest\tactical gear You use, most of the modern stuff have pouches all over it, left, right, upper, lower, some also in the middle (vests).

My friend just got his 3000 dollar Alienware computer. Guess what hes gonna use it for.

Fucking BF3 and MW3. He says Arma 2 gets boring to quickly. (wtf then you shouldve just bought a PS3 instead of wasting your money, sorry i mean his fathers money)

My friend just got his 3000 dollar Alienware computer. Guess what hes gonna use it for.

Fucking BF3 and MW3. He says Arma 2 gets boring to quickly. (wtf then you shouldve just bought a PS3 instead of wasting your money, sorry i mean his fathers money)

What a douchenozzle

5 bucks says by the time he's on his own he'll be addicted to cocaine

Had to see what a $3000 system looks like - couldn't find it but I did find a $3500.00 one at Alienware.

I7-980 cpu -ok, not bad

2 ATI 6870 xFire - mmmmm...

6 Gigs 1600 Ram - .......

Wow, that must be one helluva bad ass case tho!

Seriously, if I were still livin with me folks I'm sure i'd be doubly pumped to get one of those -but $3000? Oh what I could build with that....:rolleyes:

He told me he built an Alienware Aurora computer and has an intel core i7 2500K and an ATI 6990 graphics card.

1. Waste of money. You really dont need an Alienware computer for MW3 or BF3, unless you like overpaying (IMHO).

2. He knows NOTHING on computers. Most likely he saw the most expensive thing on there and wanted it. I asked what kind of mobo he had and he had no idea what kind. I even asked him if anyone helped him building it. He said no. I just want to yell at him and tell him how stupid he is but I dont want to be a douche.

Sometimes the truth hurts.... :D

But anyway's. I spent under $1,000 for my rig and it can run ArmA 2 on High settings with 3061 VD at an FPS of around 40-60.

I can run BF2 maxed at a solid 60 FPS and even record with FRAPS at a constant 60 FPS.

I'm sure I'll be able to run BF3 with zero problems.

This week I'm getting:

• An Intel Core i7 2600k 3.40GHz
  • A Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
  • A 128GB SSD
  • And a Gigabyte motherboard (GA-P67-UD3-B3, specifically)

For just under 2000USD, and even at that price I feel like I'm being overcharged (however, I get it all assembled for myself locally, it only takes a day to be ready rather than multiple weeks for shipping + shipping costs, and they service it locally too with 2 year warranties on each part). Your friend spending that much on an Alienware rig that isn't already tip-top-of-the-line is madness, especially if he's "that" kind of "PC gamer". :rolleyes:

I'm pretty much guaranteed to get excellent performance with any currently-released game, I'm hoping it runs ARMA 2 as good as I want it to as well. Reason I'm upgrading now instead of closer to ARMA 3 is because my current PC is having lots of trouble running ARMA 2 and other currently-released games, and ARMA 3 is quite a ways off. I am confident that it will run ARMA 3 pretty good, though.

Edited by Zipper5

That's a nice rig Zipper, I'm sure you'll be able to run ArmA II on High with steady FPS.

I refuse to buy it unless they change that god-awful music.

That's one hell of a rig there Zipper. Infact I don't think it can get any better.

When ArmA3 comes around you'll be set. ;)

I refuse to buy it unless they change that god-awful music.

Yeah, they should've stuck with the straight up good old BF theme mix like 2142, 1943 and BF2.

Yeah, 1943 was a console only on-the-side kinda game, but it did have a better soundtrack than what we've heard for BF3:

hOB4q01VCVg

Edited by Ben_S