Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

I don't want Bad Company in Battlefield 3. That's my point. I want a game that is clearly a sequel to this:

I want a proper Battlefield game, not another Bad Company under the title of Battlefield. While I don't dislike Bad Company, it isn't Battlefield to me. And Battlefield 3 seems to be taking way too much from Medal of Honor 2010, and DICE's part of that game was absolutely awful.

1000% true - Bad Company style is ok ,but the MOH one is like another COD style (too much hollywood action scenes etc) and the BF3 is more like MOH 2

also am afraid there won't be any large maps aka BF2

Edited by RobertHammer

They said BF3 has the biggest map of the series yet. Dunno why they don´t show anything about conquest, after all, this is what BF is all about and what we want. Hell, I know way more about A3 than BF3....

+

Why so tacticool? (those are SPECACT)

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/8/5/7/8/0/mp_character_profiles_specact_us.jpg.jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles//a/1/3/8/5/7/8/0/mp_character_profiles_specact_rus.jpg.jpg

I wish it wasn't another mindless NATO vs. Russia thing, I liked fighting the Chinese and MEC in BF2. :(

Insurgents and MEC are confirmed I think.

Insurgents and MEC are confirmed I think.

Where?

I'd like to beleive this, but all I've heard of is RU vs US in Multiplayer.

In singleplayer they have the PLR(?), but then again, we've not even seen conquest. So the chance that DICE has kept other teams a secret, is not too far fetched.

An opinion of many. But don't worry, Conquest is confirmed.

They don't show the new maps because they are not finished. Alpha means a release that isn't feature-complete. Metro is probably the only map that's finished because it uses props and textures from that SP demo we saw months ago.

Huge conquest map with jets is suggested to be shown at gamescom. Thats less than 2 weeks to proper battlefield footage :)

All the important improvements made in the Bad Company series, like sound design and destructible environments, will certainly be brought over for Battlefield 3. What part of the Bad Company series are you worried will be missing?

Squad leader

Commander

3D spotting

Kill cam

Commo rose - The simple ability to say "thanks" to your teammates is gone.

Thats a few.

Yeah in 2142 it worked that well that you could almost have a conversation lol

Squad leader

Commander

3D spotting

Kill cam

Thats a few.

SL is in. (4 squad members, SL can spawn in any of them, squad member can only spawn in SL. Idiotic, I know)

3D Spot and Kill Cam can be disable in HC mode (normal mode is silly, why one play that mode?)

Commo Rose probably will be in. The Alpha had some "hidden" files name as CommoNo, CommoYes, CommoAmmo and DICE said that they were thinking about it.

Commander is out. :(

Killcam is just a screen that shows you what weapon you were killed by...

No, kill cam shows the position of where the killer was and is heading

while the cam in on them.

Just showing someone beside a destinctive rock formation or group of trees

is easy enough for anyone with a few hours experience on a map to

be able to figure out their exact position.

It's a crutch introduced in BC2 to cater to the console crowd and now polluting the PC.

Actually its optional, sometimes its there sometimes its not.

And to reiterate, this is probably the best online gaming ive experienced... obviously a noob, but a very happy assault class noob at that! ignorance is total bliss!

Edited by Katipo66

Optional or not, DICE is dumbing down an already simple arcade game catering to the console crowd.

Reducing squad sizes, dumping the commander role because it's "too difficult" for people to understand....etc.

You'd have to be completely braindead not to be able to figure out the Commander screen after a couple of hours. Wether you're good at it or not is a different thing altogether.

Frontlines: Fuel of War which was designed by several people who worked on Battlefield 2 failed because they decided to "Do something different".

instead of keeping what made Battelfield work they choose to ditch the roles that made it a teamwork oriented game. [Medic, support, Engineer].

The Frontlines mode looked good on paper but in actual practice without the various teamplay roles present it just fell on it's face

leading to people calling for an assault mode. They added it later but it was too little too late.

Edited by jblackrupert

I liked that game.

It was ok and looked great but it sure as heck wasn't anything close to teamwork going on.

Had the had proper roles like Medic, Support, engineer and such then things might have been different.

Video of a Mig-21 being delivered to the Battlefield 3 booth at Gamescon 2011.

4Ru2oC5xX_o

Audio is in German.

Maybe some jet footage is coming?

Conquest will be shown at Gamescon, so yep.

This is what I was talking about... look he spends most of his time prone... hiding/camping on the ground....

h4ZKfmd82CU

It may not be more realistic than CoD, but in this video, the comparison isn't even there.

It's an actual battle, with a frontline, and positions, and fields of fire.

The general gameplay is good, a world apart from CoD in a sense, its a shame most of the players are from CoD, meaning tactics learned from there will be used here.... :(

I'm rather perplexed as to why we're throwing the word "realistic" around regarding these two games.

I see many campers more than BC2 = bad

I should make some limits to use that prone - maybe only for who have Bipod can use prone and also limit number of snipers/MG gunners with bipod

Edited by RobertHammer