Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

LOL. I'll admit that I do that in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. You see that marker any time and just start shooting at it. :P Although, I actually really like the Battlefield series. I can't wait for Battlefield 3, I have it pre-ordered.

But don't worry, I still love my OFP/ArmA! I also have Take On Helicopters pre-ordered, and as soon as ArmA III and Carrier Command become available for pre-order, I'll get those as well!

Edited by Nicholas

That and not having prone, was really weak.

No!!! Just No!!! I think the fact they removed prone is great, mostly because you dont have these morons diving to the ground in front of you before they shoot.... a technique born from...... Prone should only be given to recon class, and perhaps limited to speed of the player e.g. only available when standing still, to stop this stupid running and diving everywhere..... mark my words you will see this in your first mp match of BF3....

Select hardcore mode, problem solved.

Exactly, but then some moan because they get killed too easily..... :D

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;1988601']No!!! Just No!!! I think the fact they removed prone is great' date=' mostly because you dont have these morons diving to the ground in front of you before they shoot.... a technique born from...... Prone should only be given to recon class, and perhaps limited to speed of the player e.g. only available when standing still, to stop this stupid running and diving everywhere..... mark my words you will see this in your first mp match of BF3....

Exactly, but then some moan because they get killed too easily..... :D

That's just the developers fault for implementing it wrong, where it can get abused like that.

After you dive down there should be a slight delay, to gather yourself, say.

And of course you shouldn't be able to dive down a whole staircase, or from big drops like in that vid. :j:

That's just the developers fault for implementing it wrong, where it can get abused like that.

And that legitimizes it how?

And that legitimizes it how?

I never said that it legitimizes it.

It shouldn't be like THAT. It should be done realistically.

But to not even be able to lie down in a military game is crap.

Hi guys,

I seen this thread a few months ago, haven't followed it at all, I played BF2 years ago a but just very little, enjoyed the bit of it,

but after seeing the vids on the 1st page I am very intrigued about this one.

My big question, and maybe it has been asked but will this and or does this have an editor? SP and or MP

if anyone knows, and an editor like or similar to OFP, Arma1, Arma2 you get my point.

The game looks breathtaking, I played COD MW1 about a year ago, played it through but got bored with it as you cant do nothing in it,

and the mp doesn't do nothing for me, i love to play in the editor.

I personally dont care for games that have all missions that are nothing but scripted, linear events, walk run 10 feet and

a new event happens, borrrrrrring and to predictable and after you played it all then what the next game? no thanks,

this is another reason I prefer to play either coop, or like to build in the sp and mp editor in arma2CO,

the sporadic and random uniqes of the game with freedom is what I seek.

What a f**king idiot declining trend my ass, this guy hasn't seen BIS games.

Even games like Oblivion a massive modding community like ours here.

i think its a huge scam, like the one guy said all the more so they can sell more stupid map packs and shit, yes the games are getting more complicated but surely a complicated brain that can produce a game with graphics and ainimations like that can come up with a decent editor similar to BIS's, or even an editor period.

Is the game even open ended? or is it all run down this street linear BS?

What a f**king idiot declining trend my ass, this guy hasn't seen BIS games.

Completely agree. Its all so that they can sell their DLC, which is complete BS, at least BIS has the guts to go toe-to-toe with the modders.

How many people here bought BAF and PMC? I'm willing to bet a large majority did. So whats this about modding decreasing sales?

Completely agree. Its all so that they can sell their DLC, which is complete BS, at least BIS has the guts to go toe-to-toe with the modders.

How many people here bought BAF and PMC? I'm willing to bet a large majority did. So whats this about modding decreasing sales?

Modding tools will be maybe after all their stupid DLC's - that's 2-3 years after game release lol

That time , there will be ArmA 3 :p

The thing about the Modding tools and stuff is that they've neither been confirmed nor denied out-right by DICE, you've just got developers on the side giving contradicting opinions that people are taking as fact for BF3.

Same with BattleRecorder, hell, the guy that said there was no BattleRecorder didn't even know what it was, even though it was in BF2 & 2142. After that, the DICE CM said that he was wrong, but at the same time - didn't confirm or deny it.

It's a mess of information ...

Again, There wasn't a clear "No there wont be modtools" or a clear "Yes there will be", it was a vague "Right now, we do not have plans for it" etc etc

Which they've been pulling on all feature announcements so far.

Edited by Ben_S

My point of view their modding tools isn't a userfriendly editor where you can start it up, double click put a guy or anytihng down,

put some enemy whereever and have at it, their version comes to across to me like the SDK for unreal engine for RO where if you

know how geometry you have a good chance of making some stuff.

I find it really disheartening that a game with a capacity for such graphics and animation abilities is not an open end world,

sandbox game like BIS games, at this point, this game is basically another or prob a better version of a COD clone, its all about the money.

You improve the engine but you still havent improved the versatility, or freedom of it, at least with BIS every new game, or

engine like going to be seen in Arma3, theirs actually features and real improvements that were not there before.

Sure some people bitch about the performance and other dumb stuff but tbh if you meet the requirements of the game, the freedom

to do what you want and in addition to the massive modding community that ALWYAYS comeing out with new stuff, updates and

astounding creativity is personally the only way a game should be.

If Im going to pay for something I want my freedom, I dont want to play a movie that gives me ques on when to do something,

BF3 is another great looking game that gives you the cinematic beauty with a gun but in your bathroom, you cant go no where,

and it stinks after taking a shit because theres no fan.

BF3 and the others remind of the old Sega CD titles, where you just interacted in a movie by being given three options (two of which always led to your player being killed). And I always said that is why the Sega CD bombed.

Honestly, who really cares? There are so many PC titles on the market right now, that I'm having a hard time remembering them all or finding the time to play them. What's weird is that I pretty much thought PC gaming was dead in 2006.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

PC gaming won't be dead for a long time, perhaps to the mainstream console market sure but computer game types range far beyond that.

Microsoft is giving away Xbox360's like crazy now when you buy a crappy overpriced prebuilt Windows PC's. So far it's just students that qualify.

Bucketloads of shitty console games are going to be coming to make up for that.

Also when Halo 3 came out they said itll be the last game with Master Chief. Then wtf is Halo 4? Lets just run the series into the ground!

I'm still waiting for a invitation from Dice. :( Seems only veteran bf players with enough playing time are considered in the 1st place.

Microsoft is giving away Xbox360's like crazy now when you buy a crappy overpriced prebuilt Windows PC's. So far it's just students that qualify.

Bucketloads of shitty console games are going to be coming to make up for that.

You sound positively angry about that. Personally, it makes absolutely no impact on me whatsoever.

)rStrangelove;1989478']I'm still waiting for a invitation from Dice. :( Seems only veteran bf players with enough playing time are considered in the 1st place.

People with 1 veteran status with only a few hours of BF gameplay have got alpha invites.

There's been a huge outrage on the BF3 forums that the veterans whom have played all of the BF games since 1942 have just been thrown aside as DICE let the "CoD kids" run in and play around to give feedback.

The actual selection system appears to be totally random, But zh1nt0 did confirm there will be more Alpha keys given out. So perhaps you'll get lucky.

Then again, A guy on my xfire, who got into it, says it's overrated and not as good as people think it will be.

I have a BF veteran rank of 3 and 120+ hours of BC2 in Steam, and many hundreds of undocumented hours in BF2 and BF2142, but I was turned away. Shucks.

I have a BF veteran rank of 3 and 120+ hours of BC2 in Steam, and many hundreds of undocumented hours in BF2 and BF2142, but I was turned away. Shucks.

oh, the drama! :P