Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Yeah I got the same feeling when sony executives would keep using the world "Revolutionize" at E3.

Also i've just noticed...they've gone down the MW route of removing the front post from the M4/M16....tacticool ftw guize!

Got a link to the specific thread? I can't find anything...

No, it was before BC2 was released.

The Search function is borked.

People with good eyes for spotting stuff like that were calling them out on it and others were saying there was something not quite right will the videos and images.

After I spotted the Macintosh Photoshop EXIF tags and posted it on the forum

someone from DICE came clean that they were touching things up.

All the screens for BC2 previous to release were buffed up using the "Super AA" process and Photoshop CS4 on a Mac.

EA's been doing this for years.

Conmasters did it with DR and many here were fooled for months.

Edited by jblackrupert

EA got caught the last time doing it and will more then likely get caught yet again.

Link or it never happened. From memory there was a 'issue' with some screens because the AA wasn't available on the consoles even though the footage was tagged as being from the PC.

The Search function is borked.

You could use Google's advanced search to select the domain and search it that way.

People with good eyes for spotting stuff like that were calling them out on it and others were saying there was something not quite right will the videos and images.

A few hours later they confessed. Super AA was used. Not playable in realtime.

screens were taken and cleaned up further on a Mac.

Super AA is the name of ATI's AA in Crossfire mode which increases the amount of AA, it is available on the PC in realtime. I would also think that most screenshots on the web would have a photo editor id as they would be cropped and re-compressed using a decent jpeg compression engine to keep the size down. Not saying they didn't clean up the shots but this would hardly be evidence of anything.

Edited by MrBump

Hmm the MP looks more like MOH than bad company 2

It won't be that amazing like some guys are jizzing whole EA forums ,but am sure it will be funnier than "boring" MW3

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Also i've just noticed...they've gone down the MW route of removing the front post from the M4/M16....tacticool ftw guize!

Heh - yes it is totally unrealistic , the reason why they removed that front post from M4/M16 will be probably due of zoomed scope view , like in COD they removed that because it was blocking view of scope

Edited by RobertHammer

too much stuff on the damn display...wonder why you can't make all that smaller....at least you don't have the score popping middle screen

Hmm the MP looks more like MOH than bad company 2

My exact thoughts, it's almost a duplicate of MOH style gameplay.

My exact thoughts, it's almost a duplicate of MOH style gameplay.

Yea , sadly the same HUD style - which i don't liked on MOH , heh i don't liked whole MOH MP gameplay :p

Heh - yes it is totally unrealistic , the reason why the removed that front post from M4/M16 will be probably due of zoomed scope view , like in COD they removed that because it was blocking view of scope

It was in the pre-E3 footage though...i hate it how companies remove detail just for that...like how they can't even model the EOTech correctly, all in the name of "space saving"...

Also that host guy is a complete dick badgering the player. Let the guy play the way he wants to play, who gives a damn about the dogtags...

Edited by Innomadic

For millions of people CoD is fun. The fact that you don't like something that's popular doesn't mean the people who made it are evil.

Also, Bohemia is a for-profit company, too. They make games to make money just like every other commercial game developer. They just target a niche market.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

This community has done the exact same thing with ArmA and ArmA II, and both games were buggy on release.

Of course Bohemia is also trying to make money but they do their work right. As for the greedy piece of garbage companies r also making money with big garbage scams, $60 price tag, very huge trailer with lots of explosion n hooks, n utter bs for a game

as for arma being buggy as hell. I can expect that from all the feautres this game has contain. As it's release n ppl buy n play they can report those n BIS willl fix them overtime in a long process but it will be done. (I bought arma bout 1 or 2 years after release so it wasn't too buggy) but I don't see those greedy companies trying to fix bugs n staying loyal to the community as they'll make a new cod each year n the old gets abandoned. What's even more sad is that u can just play those f2p fps with the equal gameplay of COD minus the $60.

As for why ppl love COD. Simply their brains r too smAll to look at big buttons for 90% of the population would prob don't use their brains at all. Practically I believe the conformity of society as well. "Cuz everyone loves COD n everyone is getting COD. I might as well get it too" things like that. Some friends of mine, they're not even true gamers for all they play, know, and worship is COD. It's mainly those explosions, scripted scenarios, dumb crappy linear story, n lots n lots of eyecandy that appeal the ppl n prob some more mindless stuff

AA3 MP > CoD MP, just sayin...and that game is free...and their devs support it better....

Wasn't there a mentioning about Hardcore mode somewhere? I assume it has, so it shouldn't be much of a problem removing the HUD from MP at least. ;)

JLCFQyqEoHA

Knew it...that was all scripted...front post removed as well...is it just me or does that make it look worse in general, and not just because few soldiers do that?

That and the holo looks utter crap...

Thats single player.

MP is what counts in Battlefield.

No, if it has an SP mode it must be judged on that as well. Much in the way that Halo fanboys say the MP excuses the SP (which i don't understand because i reckon the SP > MP in that game). We also cannot ignore the SP when considering Arma, since honestly that is what most try the first time.

The SP bots were for target practice and getting a feel for the weapons in BF2142 and back.

That shitty console port BC2 is not Battlefield regardless of what people say.

The SP bots were for target practice and getting a feel for the weapons in BF2142 and back.

That shitty console port BC2 is not Battlefield regardless of what people say.

Did you played new MOH ? if yes , get ready it will be same ,but with bc2 features and planes

I've been playing FPS games since I got Medal of Honor: Frontline for the original xbox and loved it. I don't have a real problem with the CoD and MW games as a whole but the games have become more linear and on-rails than older games in the genre. I thought games should be more open with room for real tactics, not a glorified carnival ride/shooting gallery mash up with extra glitz. I watched the live demos at E3 and my first thought was chaos on tracks.

I also don't care for how Activision handled IWard when the studio heads wanted to pursue new IP instead of churning out the same old same old. We've seen Activision's response and they're milking their prize cash cow for all it's worth; heading down the path of irrelevance. It's sad to see other studios following in Activision's path and ruining good games (looking at you Ubisoft).

Why is everyone so stuck on the aliasing thing? ingame you rarely even see it, hell just x1 you won't likely notice because your brain is doing other things.

Hah, yes, exactly so :)

Hi !

Battlefield has always been about mods (Battlefield 2 came from a mod). There are many great Battlefield 2 mods out there with many players. Unfortunately, DICE seems to imply that mod tools are unlikely or will be very disappointing. If you want mod tools in Battlefield 3, sign the petition.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bf3modtools/

Here, we know that the mods are very important in a video game. Please sign de petition and maybe Battlefield 3 will have modtool ! :)

I signed the Petition. Its always good to step up for mods

BF3 has entered Alpha stage, and DICE have started Alpha testing with the public:

bf3alpha.battlefield.com

They're slowly sending out waves of invites to people whom follow the instructions detailed in the FAQ.

Q: Can I join the Battlefield 3 Closed Alpha Trial? A: The Alpha is a closed test and by invitation only. If you'd like to have a chance to be called upon make sure to register for our newsletter and ensure your Veteran status is up to date.

Apparently both Open and Closed beta's are scheduled for later on, this is something entirely different from what I expected DICE to do (throw it out with little to no testing what so ever), and is a welcome surprise.

The actual selection for it seems randomized, and you can view "leaked" Alpha videos through a quick search on YouTube, I will not post these links, but if you really look they're easy to find.

Edited by Ben_S

Theres a new MP video buts just the same stuff as before but with a bunch of "Awards" it received flashing over the gameplay.

They'll be handing out invites like candy soon enough.

More then likely sites like Fileplanet will be suckering people into paying for access like they did with Crysis.

Edited by jblackrupert