Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

The Frostbite 2 engine is really impressive... Dice released some presentations and it's really top notch...

On top of their inhouse R&D, they licensed a couple of third-party middlewares for character animation and global illumination.

It also supports streaming and destrutible environment (including terrain and whole buildings, unlike Bad company as it seems).

I wonder how moddable it may be (or even if there will be an SDK or mod kit or whatever in that respect), but since UDK and soon Cryengine will be both offering free versions of their engines, it may very well be that Dice does the same...

Edited by EricM

The game looks great, but this action sequence really was an irrealistic crap.:plain:

Legendary stuff, Nod. :) Now, if you were to make an M1A1 AIM variant... say, with two different Aussie paint jobs, well... :cool:

All things in time but that tank is definately my next focus.

Back on topic..that whole COD clone line is getting less and less thin the more single player action they release, the infamous slow down shot being the most promiment example..which is a shame really, it could be an intense moment, a quick shot that needs to hit it's target..instead they slow it down which to me feels more like the gaming holding the players hand.

Also what is with the blobby SSAO that surrounds the characters arm, who chose the art direction, please tell me multiplayer won't look like this.

Edited by NodUnit

I think it's funny how the "arcade shooter" can accurately model the round left in the chamber on the tactical (non-empty) reload of a closed-bolt weapon (e.g., M4), but our beloved simulation cannot.

I think it's funny how the "arcade shooter" can accurately model the round left in the chamber on the tactical (non-empty) reload of a closed-bolt weapon (e.g., M4), but our beloved simulation cannot.

That has annoyed me since the day I started playing this series :(

Vote arrow_090.pnghttp://dev-heaven.net/issues/6545 please and thank you.

The game looks great, but this action sequence really was an irrealistic crap.:plain:

eh why should be realistic dude :confused:

Im looking on Games website and it looks like Skyrim is being released with "Games For Windows"

What does this mean? what is G4W?

Thanks for the wonderfull repies :cool:

What i really wanted to know is what is your opinion on it?

Is it like steam where you have to have it running all the time?

Is it a resource hogger

That kind of thing.

Thanks for the wonderfull repies :cool:

What i really wanted to know is what is your opinion on it?

Is it like steam where you have to have it running all the time?

Is it a resource hogger

That kind of thing.

no dude, M$ is just trying to make games for windows plug and play, similar to their beloved xbox.

In order to be certified by them with the great of honor of Games for Windows, you need to meet some requirements:

1. achievements (similar to consoles, even if they don't unlock stuff for you like COD & co)

2. some auto-adjusting for visual, where even 2 brain cells lads are considered, so it does it all for you

3. and some other stuff which i don't remember atm...the typical user friendliness bullshit M$ spreads

if you care to read the wiki page, it covers that as well

The team responsible for G4W should be dragged outside and shot, then hung.

I can't stand that achievementy-running-in-the-backgroundy-user-profile-piccy-chatty bullshit. Especially achievements. I'll play the game the way I damn well want to, none of this "kill 60 d00dz with an airstomp after powerkicking a car into a fire hydrant" rubbish.

/rant

The team responsible for G4W should be dragged outside and shot, then hung.

I can't stand that achievementy-running-in-the-backgroundy-user-profile-piccy-chatty bullshit. Especially achievements. I'll play the game the way I damn well want to, none of this "kill 60 d00dz with an airstomp after powerkicking a car into a fire hydrant" rubbish.

/rant

note that's probably GFWL (Games for Windows Live) what You speak about

GFW (Games for Window) is set of certain rules which game must meet to obtain certification and can use the logo

ooo we gota another one, contact!

Episode III

DsHIHxYXeLs&

Still loving it, wouldnt mind seeing the MP for pc soon'ish hopfully on april 17th.

Proper reloading, nice. Only thing to hope now is strafe sprint.

Full 12 minute reveal on April 17th? Nice. :)

Sometimes there are times when I don't want a mission to be 45 mins of map reading, maneuvering and bugging out ... this game will cater for those times! It looks fantastic!

For those of you who would like to download Youtube videos for viewing offline.

http://www.yourvideofile.com/

Easy YouTube Video Downloader is the easiest Youtube video downloader ever, availble as a free web-browser addon for Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Apple Safari allowing users to download YouTube videos in MP3, FLV, 3GP, MP4 and HD qualities.

Sometimes there are times when I don't want a mission to be 45 mins of map reading, maneuvering and bugging out ... this game will cater for those times! It looks fantastic!

This and RO2 Vietnam = Suddenly gaming heaven after all these years of nothing

This stuff is Single player. MP can end up being a whole different animal....BC3: Medal of Honor edition

- The dragging thing is SP only

- Commander and Squad leaders have been cut and being replaced with something not

named yet.

- Kill cam (Hopefully can be disabled server side)

- 3D spotting is in (Wallhack) Hated by virtually every single BF vet.