Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

First thought was, wow this looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :)

With respect, my good sir, you, sir, are barking up the wrong tree, sir.

Enjoy the Weekend,

RiE

Addon conflicting with official DLC...Fail.

Not like I have that many addons anyways.

Well, BIS don't guarantee that their changes won't affect mods, their priority first and foremost is to make the game better. It's kind of something we all have to accept. :p

Well PMC didn't exactly make the game better. :p

Well PMC didn't exactly make the game better. :p

Haha, oh you :raisebrow:

I have to say, I think BIS really outdid themselves with this campaign. I didn't even buy it yet (waiting for xmas) and am playing it with the light version and it's pretty awesome. The atmosphere is much better. Also happy with the content.

I didn't even buy it yet (waiting for xmas) and am playing it with the light version and it's pretty awesome.

I did buy it (pre-ordered it even) and am playing it with the full version and it's pretty awesome.

Hey, wait a minute... :butbut:

I also get balaclava's on all units except a few special characters, I'm about to try and narrow down the conflicting addon. Other than this I am rather pleased with PMC.

EDIT: Got the problem fixed.

@Enad:

It is, or was for me, CAA1 making the PMC units have balaclava's

Edited by Devil Dogs SF

Hi there!

Well, I have to admit that after testing PMC I must revert some of my previous statements.

Still, I don't like not beeing able to mod any files, namly the campaign(reasons known), but! for some reason I start to love the XM8, however giving the rifle some sort of cqb sight would truly be great :)

and above all I just love the setting.

Since wars nowadays aren't fought by the "regular" armies alone anymore, and with the whole "security companies" stuff becoming more important, I think it was worth protraying this sector...

And the way it is done in this campaign is absolutly cool.

The proving ground map, well yes it is small....but during the campaign I constantly had to remind myself that there was no need to look for a shelter just in case of a blowout :)

so, in short, I am sorry for saying that I regreted spending the money.....actually, I think this DLC is well worth it and thank you for your work BIS hope there's more to come ;)

The XM8 doesn't have CQB sights, so...

@Enad:

And you didn't even try to start without other addons to see what causes it? Considering nobody else seems to have that problem. Looked weird though, I have to admit that.

@kylania:

+5 for the balaclavaed roto-sputnik :p

I smell a troll.

Only now?

Sorry, protagonistic I know but...

I finished the campaign and I have to say I enjoyed myself throughout it. :)

After the first two missions, the action really starts and it's a blast.

It was the first time I played DLC and I'm really not disappointed. For an extra content it is really worth the money.

What I really liked was to be in the shoes of a mercenary, so cool and unusual. Seeing a conflict from behind the scenes and have to make hard decisions in a short time.

I loved the cutscenes, it increased immersion. Some missions reminded me of OFP and EW campaign for their atmosphere. Beautiful landscapes.

Congratulations to BI and all their creatives for their work, top notch.

Edited by Lonestar

Excellent work with the campaign, that should go without saying. The new models are very nice and the aa-12 is possibly the first shotgun worth using in the series. My only concern is that you guys (BIS) get the impression that a larger part of your market want development focus on the SP aspect, when in fact I think it is just a small percentage that make a lot of noise about that part of the game. I appreciate that the SP campaign, missions and general polishing make it easier for new players to get into the series, but i'm sure the general fanbase would rather see more resources going to innovation and optimisation for the engine, as well as opening up new coding and scripting features to keep the game evolving.

Can someone make a (replacement)mod that removes does ugly BIS XM8 rifles from the campaign ?

I would really like the campaign but this XM8 in all variants is incredible bad and no fun to play with.

I never used it in ArmA2...and now im forced to use it.

I mean if BIS would have reworked it, with new textures (camo) and new sounds...maybe...but not this way !!

XM8 = FPDR

Might be useful to repost it: it was reported that a defrag (preferably not Windows built-in) solved the stuttering cutscenes issue. Some users in other threads also advised to use a software called Game Booster.

i play mostly singleplayer missions and/or play around in the editor.

I find the campaign (for what i played) very enjoyeble. I do like the new map

although small it looks great.:yay:

perfomance wise after this patch (1.56) OA runs and looks for me better than ever. i removed my arma2.cfg and let the game make a new one a didn't touch anything after in the video configuration, And it runs in higher resolution and higher graphics settings than before. So great job BIS Thank you:pray:

sorry my english sucks

The XM8 doesn't have CQB sights, so...

IIRC, the sight is/was supposed to be a combined Red Dot/3.5x scope. I would think it would work like a shortdot, i.e. you can switch between 1x and 3.5x zoom.

Like a range-finder camera with 1x magnification optics (you can also manage to do it with 0.8); the practised shooter keeps both eyes open. It means you have peripheral vision as well as knowing where your bullets are going to go. Look at how much more enjoyable It is to use the M4 with the ION units than the XM8.

I loaded up my mods the last time I was on A2, and I think I must have a replacement config that someone made: it puts the RH XM8 which models the alternate sight in place of the ION stock M8 at least. I didn't check whether it also replaced the 'sharpshooter' and 'automatic' models. This seems to be a good solution for now, since CBA is now fully compatible with PMC. Didn't notice any balaclavas, either :p.

Edit: Only works with XM8 and XM8 GL - so not with any of the campaign characters. Still, better than nothing for stuff in the editor.

Edited by Richey79

I had quick infantry coop on "proving gounds" and it was very nice... So I guess it has its uses as long as you don't use fast vehicles...

whole squad are spies :p

Which reminds me...

WHERE IS THE FLAMETHROWER BIS??!!?!?

:rolleyes: