Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

If trying to maneuver I crash every 10-30 seconds so do I start the count from 0 after every crash or do I qualify the 5mins after I have crashed 10-30 times? :rolleyes:

I could never learn to fly OFP choppers/planes either.

I do know that cheat..

Still i dont get it, the flight model is very predicteable so once you understood what key does what it shouldnt take long to fly stable.

Maybe train some more in the OA Helicopter training.

And most important, no quick manouvers, start by pushing Q key to gain altitude, then only move the mouse a tiny bit so the helicopters nose moves bit down and you slowly gain speed.

Once you fly you slowly can turn by using mouse left or right very little flying a big curve.

When you get the hang of it you can try to do quicker turns etc.

And for landing you can always use the auto hoover.

The key to it all is slow careful mouse movement.

---

As i now played the PMC mission with the Kasatka i can only recomment training lot more or skip it if you really dont want to as it really took some pilot skills especially at the end...

while XM-8 might be hated it's being experimented with it in various countries and private sector (in short the stock is worth selling for some sum)

anyway another weapon from same 'era' named XM-25 gets it's deployment already

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/24/armys-revolutionary-rifle-use-afghanistan/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM25_Individual_Airburst_Weapon_System

while it's launcher the deployment in such numbers raises questions what happens if OPFOR or Insurgents get hands on container full of these and ammo ...

I have read over a 100 negative posts re this DLC ... For one I had no issues getting it from sprocket ... downloaded in about 25 - 35 mins. All seems pretty fluid, love the sand/dust effects... the campaign is nice and the cut scenes all run ok. The content lets it down a bit , it would have been nice to see a PMC little bird and a bigger proving grounds map (love it)... Overall i think its worth the $10 ...

Question: how do I put the same sand/dust effects seen in the PMC campaign into the mission editor?

about XM-8 not being realistic. well in armaverse mcain is president so things happen differently.

I haven't finished the PMC campaign yet, but aa-12 is awesome! i love it good sound to.

but i do have a complainant about the XM-8 it feels like a bb gun. and is really weak. it takes a lot of shots to take down a guy with it.

Question: how do I put the same sand/dust effects seen in the PMC campaign into the mission editor?

Yeah would like to know that aswell.

Still i dont get it, the flight model is very predicteable so once you understood what key does what it shouldnt take long to fly stable.

Maybe train some more in the OA Helicopter training.

And most important, no quick manouvers, start by pushing Q key to gain altitude, then only move the mouse a tiny bit so the helicopters nose moves bit down and you slowly gain speed.

Once you fly you slowly can turn by using mouse left or right very little flying a big curve.

When you get the hang of it you can try to do quicker turns etc.

And for landing you can always use the auto hoover.

The key to it all is slow careful mouse movement.

Thats not flying, thats just moving it ;)

Jokes aside I recommend anyone interesting learning to fly to invest in a joystick. Even a very cheap one is 10x better than using mouse and keyboard.

/KC

Thats not flying, thats just moving it ;)

Jokes aside I recommend anyone interesting learning to fly to invest in a joystick. Even a very cheap one is 10x better than using mouse and keyboard.

/KC

For flying helos in ArmA nothing beats a mouse + keyboard.

For flying planes basically a mouse is enough too really. I tried with a joystick and it was too much fuss.

For flying helos in ArmA nothing beats a mouse + keyboard.

Are you man enough for your words? I dare you in a Littlebird NoE flight in Takistan anytime :nerner:

This may be sliding to far OT so PM me if interested and we take it from there. Back to PMC...

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

OT : I've seen people do awsome stuff with mouse and keyboad, and actually they manage to pull sharper turns an manoeuvre than me with a real joystick, but a proper joystick with a throttle and twist, makes it WAY more natural and predictable.

If you start losing control, you can even set a key binded to auto-hover (on/off) + you can set flaps, gear, next target, weapons, fire... etc...

Point is if one doesnt even have intrest in learning the flight model i guess suggesting a joystick wont help him much so i explained the mouse+keyboard use bit more ;)

PMC campaign was good. I enjoyed it. Had problem with cut scenes. But no gameplay problems or any bugs in the missions. Proving grounds missions were the best. XM-8 discussion makes me laugh. :D

Also finally found time to finished it this weekend and i must say now that i played it my 9Eur were definatly well spend.

And yes proving ground definatly was the coolest mission with a intense atmosphere... actually it felt like sneaking trough the old former GDR / DDR industrial zones around where i live.

Campaign really was different and a good change but at parts maybe a tad too call of duty like... yet it was refreshing.

Edited by Shadow NX

OT once again:

Just so you not get me to wrong! I'm not saying you can't be a good pilot using mouse + keyboard and it is most likely the most used method to fly in Arma II but I'm pretty confident that with a properly setup joystick with throttle and rudders it's possible to fly NoE tighter/safer at low levels as well as easier to survive auto-rotation landings since you can drop your collective in a split second (since it's analog).

I do not know where kylania lives but if he is close to me I will gladly invite him over to have a few beers and laughs while testing my setup.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

And yes proving ground definatly was the coolest mission with a intense atmosphere... actually it felt like sneaking trough the old former GDR / DDR industrial zones around where i live.

I recognize my mistake, and I agree. Proving grounds has definitely potential for sneakin' missions, though a little bit bigger and with one destroyed village would have been perfect. My bad.

But I've got this good feeling because the level design was great, and provided a good view of the possibility. :yay:

Strangely, this CoD stuff was somehow refreshing (surely because it was A2 way more than CoD), and shows all the posibilities of the engine. Appreciate the termination mission, because there was several ways to succeed, which is totally Arma.

No bug, except the Hi-res cutscenes :( well it is not the end of the world...

Congratulation for the campaign, this was great.

After testing the Proving Grounds map in I noticed that on my system it's the most demanding map despite the [to] small size, heck it's even more demanding than Chernarus for me.... Seems like it's the dead trees that are the real FPS hog for me, not a real problem since I probably don't gonna use it anyway due to it's size but woonder if anyone else noticing this?

OT this time ;)

/KC

Odd as it ran super smooth for me in that mission with nearly zero texture popup and plastic trees

What GPU and ingame AA setting do you have Shadow?

/KC

For flying planes basically a mouse is enough too really. I tried with a joystick and it was too much fuss.

Agreed. I tried it once. Asides from the constant mapping and remapping of keys, it's just slightly too annoying for me. :D

What GPU and ingame AA setting do you have Shadow?

/KC

I got a HD4870 with 512MB which is a real bottleneck with demanding ArmA2.

Settings are all on Normal exept post processing which is on low.

Edited by Shadow NX

I got a HD4870 with 512MB which is a real bottleneck with demanding ArmA2.

Settings are all on Normal exept post processing which is on low.

Really? I have the same and i play with everything on high and some settings on very high @ 15xx×11xx (1024×768@150%, and AA at low) in combination with a PhenomII 955 and 4gb ram. My FPS is fine, dont ask me for numbers because i stopped caring long ago and now i just go by 'playable' or 'not playable'. Benchmark 2 gives me 22FPS and is bottlenecked by my CPU, while Benchmark 1 (IIRC) is bottlenecked by vSync last time i checked.

Do you play on a huge monitor?