Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company 1.00 released

Teamwork! :yay:

But why, cooperate in arma, there's a brand new $20 DLC for BC2 that sets you back half a century.

Vietnam war for the overused win. :yay:

This meant that we head to just shoot the vehicles where we guessed the engine was, which wasted alot of ammo.

This made me laugh sooooo much, dude where do you think the engine is, real snipers dont use Thermals when disabling a vehicles engine :)

major bug - the KA60 respawns on its roof when using the normal vehicle respawn script. it bounces off the rubble created by its forebear then turns over and BANG. then it makes rubble and a burning wreck model. after a while the wreck disappears and a new chopper spawns (using the respawn script in evolution) and BANG it blows up again. This used to happen to the original modded chinook in arma1. its a bug I'm sure. the chopper is too sensitive to something, needs someone to look into it

This made me laugh sooooo much, dude where do you think the engine is, real snipers dont use Thermals when disabling a vehicles engine :)

I'm not a real sniper, I'm playing one in a game. Also I don't think real snipers go around destroying tanks.

I'm not a real sniper, I'm playing one in a game. Also I don't think real snipers go around destroying tanks.

toDKH6yv8Z4

All did a quick search but did not find anything like the problem I am having...

Just did the install of PMC no errors on the install etc... however if now if I try to use the editor, I can not place any units etc... dose not matter which map etc... any ideas ?

Cheers

You need to place a player first.

Tankbuster,

Yes this is the Problem... it will not let me place Any units at all...i.e. a Player is a Unit...

Any error messages coming up when you load the map in the editor?

Running any mods?

Any error messages coming up when you load the map in the editor?

Running any mods?

No, mods and no errors.... this is driving me nuts...

No, mods and no errors.... this is driving me nuts...

Checked the RPT file?

hello everyone,

i would like to point out that CIT was updated to make covering of bugs in DLCs easier

e.g. see Roadmap list (that are just open tickets seen by default)

http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/876

now if You posting new issue http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues/new

You can select it's related to specific DLC content which makes it easier to track

All,

Not sure why but swapping the mouse resolution works.. I was using a 2500 DPI resolution and dropped back to 1200 and it now works....

Strange is it has always worked in the past and works fine in other games etc..

thanks dwarden - can anyone register on there?

here's the proof of my bug - the ka60 spawns then bounces way up in the air

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/ka60_bug_1.jpg

then crashes down and explodes, taking out any vehicles paced near it

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/ka60_bug_2.jpg

this, despite many other helicopters respawning without a problem

Edited by eggbeast

everyone can register on the CIT, in fact it's very easy to even get support if You fail

sorry but i useforums a lot - where is the REGISTER button? i trawled about 30 pages can't see it anywhere (in firefox)

ah nvm i found it - way out on the right - off screen - silly place to put it, and well hidden on the login page duh

now it just comes up with "Invalid user or password"

bah

i changed my password and it still wont let me log in. wtf

it's stuff like this that makes people NOT feedback on bugs...

now it says "Invalid form authenticity token." and now back to "Invalid user or password" arghhhhhhhhh

ok i emailed sickboy from the help page, but man why can't it be easier to report a bug ? like posting it here.

ah, now it activated me, it didn't say that was necessary, and it allowed me to change passwords a few times (emailing me links to do so) BEFORE the activation email arrived.

the register page is badly laid out, it should tell you you need to activate first, and when you register it should say "thank you, now check your email etc"

damn user-unfriendly

Edited by eggbeast

well i've made a test mission for dev-heaven, the ka60 bounces on respawn and blows up perfectly on there, so fingers crossed someone will fix it. meanwhile we cant play with it.

[edit] dev-heaven users have reproduced it so hopefully now this bug will be fixed. surprised no others have seen it

Edited by eggbeast

New thing on facebook - i can say cool :)

The one thing I really wanted from the DLC and wasn't in it.

:D

I wonder whether such a sight will be included for the XM8 from vanilla A2. Knowing Bis, probably.

I wonder whether such a sight will be included for the XM8 from vanilla A2. Knowing Bis, probably.

As far as I can see the latest beta patch renames all XM8 to the same naming scheme as the M8 from PMC, i.e. M8 - something. This would suggest that they indeed also update the vanilla A2 XM8's.

As far as I can see the latest beta patch renames all XM8 to the same naming scheme as the M8 from PMC, i.e. M8 - something. This would suggest that they indeed also update the vanilla A2 XM8's.

It's the next official patch not the beta

It's the next official patch not the beta

Don't know what you mean by that. If I launch the latest beta patch, I have all XM8 renamed to M8.